Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lads, sincere apologies for the delay but Happy New Year to you all🥳
Since the stroke of midnight and for the past 15hrs 23mins I've been committed to my 2023 resolutions of solidly reading books and not being a massive, lying bleep-trumpet.

So far I'm absolutely smashing it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
She couldn’t even be bothered to do new recipes for this new book, so why for the website?
I can’t believe her editor let her get away with it. They’re either useless or past caring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Remember when THAT MAN was doing some sort of one pot project, so Jack decided to do 30 days of one pot recipes? I don’t think we got a single one.
Wasn't there something organised on Instagram of posting one month of delicious recipes daily that Jack tried to join? I seem to recall she lasted one day.

Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Happy New Year ninnies
Note, as always…”me and SB” - the fact she considers herself a writer/author/journalist yet can’t get it right, but very telling who’s front and centre of all things in her life. 😏

• Sad
  • Heart
She couldn’t even be bothered to do new recipes for this new book, so why for the website?
I can’t believe her editor let her get away with it. They’re either useless or past caring.
As a (completely ashamed) previously book owning Frau I can confirm that literally every book had several crossover recipes from previous books and as someone in my industry 🔺️ I heavily questioned this and came to the conclusion that she must be such a nightmare for deadlines it was let slide.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Why does everything have to be done "gently". She's not a bleeping Fabergé egg.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117
Remember when THAT MAN was doing some sort of one pot project, so Jack decided to do 30 days of one pot recipes? I don’t think we got a single one.
Oh BE FAIR dearest Krabs. You’re forgetting the upside down several years in the making “mad wild head” delicious looking fish pie that she raced to get out there out of SPITE because Jamie was about to make one on his show.
ETA Yum!!! it even has a terrified little slop-creature, a very teeny demon and an confused looking walrus-whiskered fish thing in it
38512745-4679-4664-9F61-F85030015BDF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Dearheart, we were gifted Upside Down fish pie aka Fish in sauce over instant mash. A recipe that was seven years in the making. How could you forget?!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1845655

Yeah Jack, other than the house/flat you’re obviously already in the process of buying, if your past New Year’s resolutions/“goals” are anything to go by I’m not 100% convinced of your ability to follow through…
View attachment 1845671

2014. “My ONLY New Year’s resolutions”

View attachment 1845687
View attachment 18456882014 (again. Published same day, slightly different, oh and also these other NY resolutions)
View attachment 1845673View attachment 1845675

View attachment 1845679

(Incidentally, here she is nicking “adapting” another BBC Good Food recipe)
https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2015/01/09/something-like-diane-sauce-or-sauce-diane/?amp=1

View attachment 1845706View attachment 1845707

View attachment 1845804
View attachment 1845713
“Get an assistant” and also… “be better”.
View attachment 1845715View attachment 1845716

Hmmm… she hasn’t eaten meat for 2 years?! I guess that Vegan resolution for 2016 stuck?!
View attachment 1845730

A couple of years where I can’t find them
…if anyone can fill in 2018, 2020, 2022, please do.

View attachment 1845782View attachment 1845783

And then the resolution that dare not speak its name for 2021. (This is the year that she was also about to go all The Good Life having built a “compost tumbler” on NYE 2020)
View attachment 1845751

View attachment 1845658View attachment 1845667
(credit to @Silver Linings for the immortalizing the compost tumbling)
HMMMMMMM

AFFDF905-C65E-4264-9B7D-55D6E32FF2C6.jpeg
DC7EA229-53E1-4DEC-89AB-A34B60CD938E.jpeg

Jack. This is why nobody believes a word you say. Get help.

EDIT - to add a timestamped version of the latter tweet because she’s a slippery little fucker
B2F9EFF3-EFD4-4257-BB25-6B94F02A39AA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
So there will be four blogs this week then.
How long will that last?
If she manages one this week I'll be amazed.
Who remembers around this time last year, she promised 3 recipes a day. She didn’t manage day one, then it was never spoken of again.

edit - I see Marm has beat me to it. I shall get grunking! I’m now watching this wolf woman story as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Read and finish a book every other day?! That is someone with way too much free time on their hands.
… and money.

It’s funny because when mid-grift and previously showing her apparent outgoings, she has never even alluded to this apparent 100+ quid a month book habit ..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
HMMMMMMM

View attachment 1845835View attachment 1845836

Jack. This is why nobody believes a word you say. Get help.
Could there be another guitar? The one she was lugging and never sold is different from the pawned/replaced one gf bought?

Following on from @Valiofthedolls ...

10th January 2021 - SUCH a peaceful space now!
View attachment 1845831

4th February 2021 - 🤯
View attachment 1845832

This is a repeat posting. Sorry x
Why are there empty drawers on the top shelf? When did she decide to replace these with the wilko baskets?

WTF puts empty drawers from chest of drawers on shelves in the kitchen?

Don’t answer.

• Haha
Who remembers around this time last year, she promised 3 recipes a day. She didn’t manage day one, then it was never spoken of again.
And this is her problem.....with her compulsive need to brain fart every thought onto twitter she sets herself up for utter failure....have a day off, get help, steer clear of social media and have a real hiatus until you have done some serious soul searching, healing and growing as a person and then get a job and join us all in the real world....it's not all shits and giggles and sausage rolls but there's authenticity to be found and I bet you'll be happier and maybe a bit less of a self indulgent, deluded thunder.....I'll let you finish the rest....as you were....

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.