Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah not sure I’d want to walk up to a counter with it in public in broad daylight either. You’d need a bigger book to hide it in, like sticking a mucky magazine inside a Sunday broadsheet and sidling up to the newsagent’s counter to surreptitiously pay for your “item(s)”
id feel less shame rocking up to the till with Bestiality Through the Ages than I would Grifty Kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 79
We should prob start a new thread before we get Cabaly B’s pics. Im happy to try but I did do a big chaos last time

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So Jay IS endorsing this shite after all??
Baffling.
Perhaps Jay and Nige could do a cookalong of their favourite recipes from Grifty Kitchen, opening all the tins with knives and mallets and maybe even taking the fishy egg rings for a test drive. After all they were both keen to endorse the recipes and tips, it only seems fair they show the rest of us how they might work in practice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Perhaps Jay and Nige could do a cookalong of their favourite recipes from Grifty Kitchen, opening all the tins with knives and mallets and maybe even taking the fishy egg rings for a test drive. After all they were both keen to endorse the recipes and tips, it only seems fair they show the rest of us how they might work in practice.
Personally I think both of them should be locked in a kitchen and forced to cook and eat every single recipe in this book. And live on nothing else for a fortnight. THEN let’s see if they stand by their endorsement.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm not very forensic but looks like her follower number's dropped again 🤭

To 562k, I'm sure it was higher.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
God I hope this worked.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Nigella actually endorsed good food for bad days with that quote, not this book. Just like Jack’s “brand new recipes” it’s recycled.

From memory, was there a recycled Nigel Slater quote in the mix for Grifty Kitchen at some point too?
925C34FE-0EE4-4766-BBFB-41FB9FC14B2C.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 15
The only pictures my teenager takes is me looking unintentionally uggo on FaceTime. No candid shots without a double chin for me, what a gentle shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just looked at Grifty Kitchen & it’s 18 plus 😂
A cookbook!! Just to make sure this isn’t commonplace I checked one of Jamie’s-which isn’t adult only. Hahaha, surely they’ve stuck that on in the desperate hope it mitigates responsibility?
Also a funny tweet.
I have literally NEVER seen an age-restricted cookbook before! Like, is that even a thing?

All I can think is that she's managed to sneak in a Burger Boy inspired recipe with a needlessly oversharing preamble about him softly, gently, painstakingly drilling her senseless for six hours.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.