Jack Monroe #447 Can’t even tell the truth about owning her own book

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could there be another guitar? The one she was lugging and never sold is different from the pawned/replaced one gf bought?
Possibly, but like everything in her backstory, it doesn’t make sense. She pawned the more expensive guitar and kept a cheaper one? Maybe, but this is a woman who said she was selling used lightbulbs and her son’s toys so it still doesn’t make sense.

Selling lightbulbs > keeping laptop and guitar. Truly deserving of her position as the voice of poverty alleviation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I haven’t caught up properly (I’m in the pub)
But - FOUR BLOGS A WEEK 😂😂😂
I know 😂
If she promised one a month that would still be stretching incredulity.
I'm hoping we'll get Jack's Book Club incorporated into the blog. Updates of the 4 - 5 books she'll read weekly.

As @Malkiavelli points out - how is she reading all these books? Has she ever mentioned a library? Or kindle? Or buying them in charity shops?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I know 😂
If she promised one a month that would still be stretching incredulity.
I'm hoping we'll get Jack's Book Club incorporated into the blog. Updates of the 4 - 5 books she'll read weekly.

As @Malkiavelli points out - how is she reading all these books? Has she ever mentioned a library? Or kindle? Or buying them in charity shops?
Is reading the books part of her 100 hour work week?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
Holy tit, this is genuinely shocking. Even the first pic, she’s got to ‘find things’ to go on those hooks & has to clutter up with pretty vile flowers. No wonder Jack can’t think straight-I’d go mad living in this mess and chaos.
Also the resolutions-humble Mormon Jack is clearly back for 2023. One of the more nauseating incarnations.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m trying to declutter continuously and we don’t have anywhere that amount of stuff. It’s hard. It’s really hard getting rid of stuff. Going to the tip, going to charity shops, trying to sell things, it’s impossible to make a significant dent I find.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Why are there empty drawers on the top shelf? When did she decide to replace these with the wilko baskets?

WTF puts empty drawers from chest of drawers on shelves in the kitchen?

Don’t answer.
Weren’t they the shelves on the “weak wall” that gave poor @MancBee an aneurysm too? Let’s hope the drawers were in fact empty.

72A4D431-7371-4988-BF8A-A0FB9A6E0DA0.jpeg

(@Veronicaaa gets the thankspaceyou for capturing this particular piece of utter bleeping nonsense)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
… and money.

It’s funny because when mid-grift and previously showing her apparent outgoings, she has never even alluded to this apparent 100+ quid a month book habit ..
And we all know she doesn’t go to the library, because you should never trust someone who doesn’t have piles and piles of dusty books in their house.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She’s got rolls and rolls of wrapping paper precariously teetering about on a shelf above her hob?!

Oh yes, of course, she’s passionate about fire safety 🙄 You’d have thought big dave would have had a word at least

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Hate the idea of all these open-ended deathtrap cans doing a McFlurry lid on the wildlife or any greedy but stupid cats round the bins :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m presuming all 161 books were on Twitter …
If she HAD read any books at all, she’d have shared every opinion she had about each and every sodding one.
Maybe she read 161 blurbs.
I was just about to post similar to this! A great way to engage with people on social media is to post about a book you have read, people always have opinions to share and recommend other stuff (unless as has been suggested, it's the likes of Topsy & Tim that she's been reading)

Also I have to admit that once, during the first lockdown, I attempted a fakeaway version of a breakfast muffin and used a round biscuit cutter to get my egg the size I wanted it. It didn't really work as it wasn't properly flat on the base of the pan and was awkward to lift off. My recommendation is if you want uniformly round eggs- buy a proper ring, and lob your (rinsed) tuna tin in the recycling bin

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I like this, it makes me feel better about the state of my own kitchen, which has Christmas overspill food and drink on the worktop.
I'm ashamed to say that I too was thinking that this actually doesn't look that bad. Mine currently resembles a Chinese laundry.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think what Jack calls finishing a book is just turning the pages. There isn't a shred of evidence to suggest she's allowed any knowledge to enter her puppy brain. I used to think that puppy brain chat was her trying to sound cutesy poo but having observed her for a couple of years now I think she may actually have the brain of a very small and particularly stupid dog.
Could she mean BUY a book every 2 days? To add to the eclectic mix on her rainbow shelves?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm ashamed to say that I too was thinking that this actually doesn't look that bad. Mine currently resembles a Chinese laundry.
In my defence, I'm waiting on the old fridge freezer bit getting changed into a giant cupboard to hide all the electricals so the air fryer, slow cooker and rice cooker are all on the floor. It still looks better than Jack's though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Holy tit, this is genuinely shocking. Even the first pic, she’s got to ‘find things’ to go on those hooks & has to clutter up with pretty vile flowers. No wonder Jack can’t think straight-I’d go mad living in this mess and chaos.
Also the resolutions-humble Mormon Jack is clearly back for 2023. One of the more nauseating incarnations.
This photo reminds me of those stroke awareness pictures where it’s just full of objects but none of them look normal and it’s really hard to actually identify what any of them even are.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Not bragging or owt but here’s just some of the books I’ve read (several times) in the last 4 days 💅 Jack could never! For some of you more academic/widely read ninnies would 10/10 recommend Barry the fish with fingers
87354DC1-CEE8-4140-9CCE-EF8E72D8CC3D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.