Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol, fellow internet beggar JudeinLondon (no squig; nearly 15k followers - Patreon, Monzo and Amazon wishlist links all prominent on opening her Twitter) going after Molly for “obsessive internet stalking”

*also someone who genuinely believes they have “actual enemies”. Come the duck on, you’re not Genghis Khan. These bleeping deluded swindlers.
Two potential thread titles right there. Thankyou for all that you do.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Fraus, I’ve had a lovely grunk this morning. Thank you. I am suffering from the effects of a few too many last night, coupled with very bad menstrual cramps.
I’ve stupidly agreed to go out with Mr Laz today for dinner and drinks - send supportive wordo’s.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Dave’s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didn’t devote much time to it as - whilst it’s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veterans’ organisation to be “bloating” his or her awards - it’s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. There’s a prescribed “Order of Wear” and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

I’ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

View attachment 1842286

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Dave’s medals which would be verifiable as being “Gazetted”):

View attachment 1842299

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isn’t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Dave’s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

Turning to the medal with the blue and white ribbon, this puzzles me, because:

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the “rack”, positioned according to Order of Wear).

- I cannot identify it at all as an official UK award/decoration.

It could be a “commemorative” medal i.e. not official, effectively “bought off eBay”, but then it’s very surprising for someone with Big Dave’s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other “military round the edges” fraus can 🔺 that medal then please share.
I’m not military or military around the edges, but I suspect Big D is legitimate on all his military stuff because a) he’s clearly deeply involved in various associations as you say and b) Jack has brought so much attention towards him for various military related reasons over the years that someone on the hellsite would definitely have picked up by now if he wasn’t.

ETA because I cannot complete a thought atm: from the local media reports he seems to love being in he’s always struck me as the type who would be quite full of himself and his achievements (best person ever to foster/serve in the Falklands style) but truthful at the same time.

Reactions: 44
I have a brain worm about what word she was trying for with "psephologist".

Jack, if you're reading this (and we know you are, you ninny) please send explainios.
I can only think she meant polymath as in good at a lot of things. Unlike oor wee Jackster

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Just as I came here right after hearing about Viv, so I whizz straight to Tattle when I see the new years honours list …

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Dave’s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didn’t devote much time to it as - whilst it’s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veterans’ organisation to be “bloating” his or her awards - it’s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. There’s a prescribed “Order of Wear” and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

I’ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

View attachment 1842286

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Dave’s medals which would be verifiable as being “Gazetted”):

View attachment 1842299

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isn’t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Dave’s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the “rack”, positioned according to Order of Wear).

It could be a “commemorative” medal i.e. not official, effectively “bought off eBay”, but then it’s very surprising for someone with Big Dave’s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other “military round the edges” fraus can 🔺 that medal then please share.
Could it be a NATO or UN campaign medal?
If so it should be worn with the other campaign medals? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 19

ETA because I cannot complete a thought atm: from the local media reports he seems to love being in he’s always struck me as the type who would be quite full of himself and his achievements (best person ever to foster/serve in the Falklands style) but truthful at the same time.
every town has one!
Our village has one: telling everyone how active he was in the Falklands, did this mission, that mission etc etc. Till someone pointed out he was 15 at the time of the Falklands… so….
He now owns a local childcare setting 🔺 and apparently it’s ‘the best setting for miles’ he’s such a loud mouth about all his ‘achievements’ I once heard him tell a prospective parent that he was once a teacher. When challenged on that afterwards he said ‘well I used to show people how to do stuff in the navy’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
It's some sort of NATO medal I think.

I thought Kosovo but the ribbon is wrong. Bar at the top would say what is is if there's a clearer image

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

View attachment 1842286

View attachment 1842299

Did he do any peacekeeping stuff with the United Nations, do we know?

Reactions: 10
I’m sure when Jack catches up she’ll make a snarky comment about Big Dave’s medals and so will painstakingly detail what they were for.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

View attachment 1842286

View attachment 1842299

Is it this one? It's definitely a UN medal

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It's some sort of NATO medal I think.

I thought Kosovo but the ribbon is wrong. Bar at the top would say what is is if there's a clearer image
Is that big lapel pin NATO as well?
Dunno not slept yet
Send 😴os

ETA it has on op bar so pretty sure it's NATO

1672482207505.png

Reactions: 20
I haven’t seen that picture of Big Dave before but if anyone ever wonders where Jack gets her preening and showy off nonsense from, they need look no further. I know they are real but he looks like a kid playing dress up - with his little button badges and shiny buttoned blazer topped off with his stitch on gun badge - jesus wept. About as humble as that Andrew Tate chap with his pile of money and big cigar.

Add the fetishising of disability that her family do around her mums much mentioned woes and Jack really has been hit with the very worst of both parents traits.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I haven’t seen that picture of Big Dave before but if anyone ever wonders where Jack gets her preening and showy off nonsense from, they need look no further. I know they are real but he looks like a kid playing dress up - with his little button badges and shiny buttoned blazer topped off with his stitch on gun badge - jesus wept. About as humble as that Andrew Tate chap with his pile of money and big cigar.

Add the fetishising of disability that her family do around her mums much mentioned woes and Jack really has been hit with the very worst of both parents traits.
To be fair to Big Dave, this is a pretty standard thing for proud ex servicemen/women on commemorative days

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Could it be a NATO or UN campaign medal?
If so it should be worn with the other campaign medals? 🤷‍♂️
That was my first thought. It doesn’t resemble any NATO campaign medals IMO, although from a distance it does resemble the NATO Meritorious Service Medal. However, they are extremely rare and the timing doesn’t add up.

It could be the “prestigious” medal mentioned here, but it doesn’t match any known official UK civilian gallantry decorations, and there’s no official gallantry decorations for him listed in the Gazette:

UN medals tend to have a lighter shade of blue in the ribbon, but will keep ~painstakingly~ looking…

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
To be fair to Big Dave, this is a pretty standard thing for proud ex servicemen/women on commemorative days
Be that as it may, it’s mortifying combined with the emanating smugness.

To be fair, I find it all a bit ridiculous- but he seems to edge it up a notch.

Reactions: 31
That quote is very strange - as it was in response to someone asking why SB couldn't live with his dad if times were so hard. Which she hysterically equates to putting him in care.
Funny you should say that…
It’s from the comments on this Guardian crap of hers in Oct 2013. She wades into the comments A LOT on that particular article.

CFFDB83A-430D-45B4-ADD0-0567799A2BD1.jpeg
77B55260-5C26-4B09-84BD-52233BBAF291.jpeg

Here’s the link to her profile. Even back then she was SOOOO unpleasantly RUDE. Every single comment of hers in the G is, rude, defensive, patronizing, combative, unprofessional. Nothing‘s really changed then…

😂 and a self-promoting insufferable-sounding little tit even before she was “famous”
9E82B7B4-0003-4D02-8156-C86CA1F3BB1C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.