Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think James may be a slow burner, there's a lot to get through and he is nothing if not thorough by the looks of things.

Reactions: 35
Jack's parents were 24 going on 25 when they had her, and her brother is older, so she wasn't an especially young mum even by her own family's standard.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
How very bleeping dare she make such horribly nasty comments about care experienced young people AND foster carers! I've always wondered why she didn't champion the needs and rights of care experienced people, considering her parents fostered so many young people. Rather, she took the whole "I didn't want my kid to grow up LIKE THAT" stance. WTAF.

As someone who is care experienced, I can tell that Jackie really must have been so jealous of the kids that her parents fostered, and thus the whole BUT LOOK AT ME cosplay begun.

She has no idea of the complexities surrounding this topic and I would gladly tie her to a stake and rant at her for the entire last day of the year til she agrees to stfu about it all and rescind/refund all her pish.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 98
Much as I would love James to uncover some juicy stuff about Jack, I can’t see there’s enough info in the public domain about her own financial dealings to draw many conclusions from, other than she may have done some iffy stuff with her tax. In terms of fundraising, I can’t see there will be enough red flags for it to become a matter of fraud and thus a police matter, at which point her bank accounts/deals with other organisations could be gone through.

What I would be interested in though is to see what connections she and her family have to media/political/business figures that could explain why on earth she has been elevated to the position she’s in, given her complete lack of knowledge and talent. Although these connections are rarely proof of actual back-scratching and/or financial deals, even though we can surmise that’s probably what’s going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh fraus. In a bout of insomnia and watching old eps of New Tricks ( a show about old coppers from about 10 years ago for our overseas and younger frau) I came across this little gem.

I had to record it to see if it reminded you of anyone. Apols for the shaky recording, I had one hand over my mouth trying not to 🦉🍾 all the way thru.

The Alex Bernstein character doing a one woman show in Friends reminds me of someone. Can't find the quotes but very angry shouting at audience - Chandler in front row on his own. Why does everybody hate me? Chapter one, my first period.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lol, fellow internet beggar JudeinLondon (no squig; nearly 15k followers - Patreon, Monzo and Amazon wishlist links all prominent on opening her Twitter) going after Molly for “obsessive internet stalking”

E6A8BFBB-7AF5-4887-BC6B-930A4D7D2484.jpeg

Now in fairness, Molly’s inability to format a blog - funny and irritating as it is - has caused a bit of confusion/saturation. But this is a prime example of grifters looking after their own*.

I’m always enraged by people who say “aren’t there more worthy targets?!” as if it isn’t a complex ecosystem in which Jack plays a key role glamorising, cherrypicking and obfuscating true poverty.

*also someone who genuinely believes they have “actual enemies”. Come the duck on, you’re not Genghis Khan. These bleeping deluded swindlers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Oooh I bet she's fuming she isn't on the Honours List. Nevermind, she'll come up with some bullshit soon enough about Big Dave's honour or her own sketchy, lie filled anecdote about turning an award down or some bullshit.

Reactions: 27
Lol, fellow internet beggar JudeinLondon (no squig; nearly 15k followers - Patreon, Monzo and Amazon wishlist links all prominent on opening her Twitter) going after Molly for “obsessive internet stalking”

View attachment 1842257

Now in fairness, Molly’s inability to format a blog - funny and irritating as it is - has caused a bit of confusion/saturation. But this is a prime example of grifters looking after their own*.

I’m always enraged by people who say “aren’t there more worthy targets?!” as if it isn’t a complex ecosystem in which Jack plays a key role glamorising, cherrypicking and obfuscating true poverty.

*also someone who genuinely believes they have “actual enemies”. Come the duck on, you’re not Genghis Khan. These bleeping deluded swindlers.
There's absolutely no way she doesn't understand why Jack is, shall we say, problematic. I'm actually disappointed in her, way back in the early days of twitter I thought she was pretty good, she's been a critic of Laurie Penny and various others and had no problem calling them out.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
In my opinion, if Molly is taken down, I think there are enough people out there sharing her blog and looking through Jack's BS to keep the pressure up. And if people want to keep throwing money at her, there ain't a lot we can do about stupid. It's their money and if there's the info about her out there, it's not like they haven't been warned.

Reactions: 39
Speaking of Laurie I can say now that enough time has passed that I’ve seen her on Hay Festival 🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺 and she was as irritating as I can only imagine Jack would be 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Didn’t her mother work when she was young? She was a nurse wasn’t she. Was she never in childcare herself or is she bitter about that.

I know several women who had children in their early twenties, they’d all been to university as well. Not exactly a teenager is it. She’s so desperate to be special.

I imagine her flexible working request was total nonsense, like daytimes only or something. Something that would set a precedent and couldn’t be done.

Reactions: 42
I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Dave’s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didn’t devote much time to it as - whilst it’s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veterans’ organisation to be “bloating” his or her awards - it’s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. There’s a prescribed “Order of Wear” and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

I’ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

74F781BC-67D5-4568-A5E6-05C44B683ED0.png

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Dave’s medals which would be verifiable as being “Gazetted”):

23710FF4-9C66-4824-A752-703A519F9577.jpeg

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isn’t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Dave’s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

Turning to the medal with the blue and white ribbon, this puzzles me, because:

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the “rack”, positioned according to Order of Wear).

- I cannot identify it at all as an official UK award/decoration.

It could be a “commemorative” medal i.e. not official, effectively “bought off eBay”, but then it’s very surprising for someone with Big Dave’s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other “military round the edges” fraus can 🔺 that medal then please share.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Didn’t her mother work when she was young? She was a nurse wasn’t she. Was she never in childcare herself or is she bitter about that.

I know several women who had children in their early twenties, they’d all been to university as well. Not exactly a teenager is it. She’s so desperate to be special.

I imagine her flexible working request was total nonsense, like daytimes only or something. Something that would set a precedent and couldn’t be done.
Yep, she was a nurse and then the fostering began after mum could no longer work because of her disability. So once again Jack's talking out of her Mediterranean

Reactions: 38

This says it all for me, the bib. She’s so desperate to be special.

Reactions: 29
Am 🦉ing at our festive masks as mine is appropriately in the place we would all rather it be on our Jackie
D071DCD3-DA9B-4803-89C2-17FE2397C31C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
There's absolutely no way she doesn't understand why Jack is, shall we say, problematic. I'm actually disappointed in her, way back in the early days of twitter I thought she was pretty good, she's been a critic of Laurie Penny and various others and had no problem calling them out.
Totally agree, before I deactivated my fun/personal Twitter a good few years back I followed her and though I tired of her personal dramas (and I feel bad saying that because some pretty awful things have happened to her but they were draining as a follower nonetheless) most of her politics and perceptions of people are nail on head. Which is why I can only assume it’s about dissuading scrutiny on the grift.

Essentially, the message of this thread is to stop giving money to unregulated individuals who write heart-tugging tomes or lukewarm political takes, and none of these terminally online types want that.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.