Jack Monroe #446 Egg rings in America WO-AH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, that’s the difference, you see. While at college, you worked on a deli counter of a supermarket.

Had you worked at a supermarket with a cheese and ham counter, you too could have learned ALL about “curing meats”.

View attachment 1845244
Reminds me of the time I worked in a petrol station and learned all about geochemistry.

Happy New Year ninnies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
HNY fabulous ninnies! No sign of the Graun article yet but something about this piece from 2020 tells me Jack has always known the grift had a best before date and it would slip through her fingers sooner or later. See you in Asda Jack! I dare you to chin me at the checkout, I’m 5’11.

ETA: Inspirational to see how pairing Viv (RIP x2) traazers with a greying white T-shirt can achieve that basic pyjama set lewk.View attachment 1844800
This is why she can’t get/hold down a job. How annoying would this be? 😂
05B483DA-9C69-43AF-9547-37293C3D59E1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
Yeah, there's no way she wouldn't have made a huge performance of it. And she'd have crowed about it when she showed the finished product, too.

It's these little lies that she tells so easily that shock me most, I think.
Considering she's a food blogger/writer of books, cook for MARY PORTAS blah blah blah she should have been showing the recipe step by step on her PROFESSIONAL and only active SM platform. But no. Just a pile of sausage rolls and a load of old guff about scarfing them down like the naughty lil pixie she is 🙄. Followed by more old guff about imaginary friends and an imaginary party.

Reactions: 38
Considering she's a food blogger/writer of books, cook for MARY PORTAS blah blah blah she should have been showing the recipe step by step on her PROFESSIONAL and only active SM platform. But no. Just a pile of sausage rolls and a load of old guff about scarfing them down like the naughty lil pixie she is 🙄. Followed by more old guff about imaginary friends and an imaginary party.
If only Jack was imaginary

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yeah, there's no way she wouldn't have made a huge performance of it. And she'd have crowed about it when she showed the finished product, too.

It's these little lies that she tells so easily that shock me most, I think.
I think she has lied so much for so long that she probably doesn't even realise she is lying.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Testing out my tattle this morning to see if i can post once more without huge chaos gaps appearing...

I wonder if Jack's been booked to appear on the usual telly cookery programmes that other writers do when they have something new to promote?

Could be some treats in store if so!

Happy new mithering to all ninnies
Much chaos!

@Kittypops such big gaps I thought my phone was freezing. Not sure what's going on. Hopefully something can be sorted. Log out and log in?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The most memorable Jack event of 2022 for me was the complete disappearance of her campaign with Superdrug after her appearance on Lorraine.
or was it
demonstrating cheap recipes on telly and telling the presenters it was best not to think too much about the contents of the ingredients

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Testing out my tattle this morning to see if i can post once more without huge chaos gaps appearing...

I wonder if Jack's been booked to appear on the usual telly cookery programmes that other writers do when they have something new to promote?

Could be some treats in store if so!

Happy new mithering to all ninnies
Your tattle is still chaosing dearheart x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The most memorable Jack event of 2022 for me was the complete disappearance of her campaign with Superdrug after her appearance on Lorraine.
or was it
demonstrating cheap recipes on telly and telling the presenters it was best not to think too much about the contents of the ingredients
I think her promotion of shop lifting was a big moment for me. That and the burglar bill trysts

• Haha
Reactions: 45
or was it
'Bit skint? Just shoplift' was a remarkable moment, showing her contempt for working class people AND the fact that she was too thick to understand that this might be a teeny tiny problem for the huge retailer that had just paid her.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
You would think she would regret posting HH2, but isn't that the article she reposted in the last day or so?
Someone might already have answered this, but just in case not and cos the thread might close, no, she didn’t repost HH boiling soap in Solar lit gloom. She reposted the one immediately before it from May 12th. it’s the one where she called Old Hazza “deliciously ordinary” in amongst the usual pile of overwritten guff.

She didn’t talk about her deliciously ordinary OH in July 31st’s HH “we dream the same dream, we boil the same soap” because she didn’t have one by then. HE LEFT.
She reposted this one
C931A2F6-16FD-4BF9-A514-C77DF91C4F64.jpeg
4E854456-E047-470C-A247-036438F62F58.jpeg

HE LEFT by this one. I cannot think why. Good to see she’s not being too dramatic about it though.
39144D2E-5D6C-4865-9ABC-AF0042D99DC8.jpeg
77B7B6B3-ACB6-4319-98DE-C196818B1AEE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Someone might already have answered this, but just in case not and cos the thread might close, no, she didn’t repost HH boiling soap in Solar lit gloom. She reposted the one from earlier than that- it’s the one where she called Old Hazza “deliciously ordinary” in amongst the usual pile of overwritten guff.

She didn’t talk about her deliciously ordinary OH in HH “we dream the same dream, we boil the same soap” because she didn’t have one by then. HE LEFT.
She reposted this one
View attachment 1845297View attachment 1845300

HE LEFT by this one. I cannot think why.
View attachment 1845304View attachment 1845305
BIB made me snort. My Old Harold is a big Belinda Carlisle fan

• Haha
Reactions: 32
'Bit skint? Just shoplift' was a remarkable moment, showing her contempt for working class people AND the fact that she was too thick to understand that this might be a teeny tiny problem for the huge retailer that had just paid her.
Didn't she also claim that she had gone to their head office and told them in person that she was pro-shoplifting and they just had to deal with it? That worked out well for her, didn't it?

ETA: Yes, she did - screenshot from Jenny Numbers on thread 335:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I looked at the thread on the other place and my main thought is this: people really need to learn the difference between dislike or disapproval and HATE. I keep seeing this on the internets and it's annoying, you cannot say anything remotely critical about anyone without some tedious prick bleating HAAAAATE, HAAAATE. Buy a dictionary and shut the duck up.

Sorry lads but the whiny mums have boiled my pumble. The catty ones are good form, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
This makes me seethe. It's such a privileged take and tbh offensive to the millions of people who work full time in retail for whom it's not a back up.
Or people who have had to take on second night-shift jobs at supermarkets to make ends meet like one NHS allied health worker I know.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.