Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
It's genuinely blown my mind that not only has she reposted HH2 in a reply to a squig, she's still using the "I never said I was still poor" as a defence. When in that very piece of turgid, overwrought manipulative bollocks she claimed to be boiling soap, not turning on the lights, showering in cold water, not buying basic hygiene products, and selling all her wordly possessions because she's so financially stretched - with a PayPal link at the bottom. She knew exactly what reaction her paypigs would have to the Dickensian picture she was painting and pretending otherwise is disingenuous in the extreme. If I could be bothered I'd go back and collate all the "Just popped something in the tip jar, Jack" tweets and pleas for support from prominent accounts made in direct response to the blog post - there were dozens, not to mention the potential hundreds of people who will have donated without any fanfare.

Maybe when her team of therapists hits double figures, one of them might actually be able to get this through to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Emmapism

VIP Member
I don't think Jack realises that people are 'interested' in her because in general we find grifters and compulsive liars to be fascinating. Literally the most interesting thing about her is her pathological need to be RIGHT at all times, no matter what lies she needs to tell to appear so.

That she's a huge narc conning people out of money adds another layer. We all love an unmasking the grifter story.

Without that.......Jack herself? Boring. Bland. If she was a biscuit she'd be a rich tea.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
Whichever way you turn, there’s something fishy about Jack. Moving away from the pov, the brothel, etc, there’s always more that’s worthy of being looked into.
During the past year she was invited to speak at a parliamentary thing, I don’t remember what it was. Did @HotesTilairehave a profile pic of Jack with her finger up her snout, from that day?
Anyway, she said provided anecdotes, I think, and said she would follow it up with evidence. A frau checked later and she hadn’t provided anything to support what she said.
how many times has she done this? Can someone remember what this was and provide a link, please?

She’s been platformed by people in highly responsible positions across charities, media and politics.
to be honest, no wonder she believes herself.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
I really wish she'd considered people who might have a 'physical, violent discomfort response' to 'loud, sharp or harsh noises' before she inflicted 'BOOOOOOOULEVAAAAAAAARD' on us all.

• Haha
  • Heart

elepal

Chatty Member
Thank you all for the recaps ❤

In the last thread @shugabug23 found a preview of Grifty Thrifty Kitchen, the fun starts here -

These book previews are usually around 10% of the book. But I’m sure Jack will prove us all wrong and, the other 90% will be life-changing.
I, for one, look forward to more top tips. "If you haven't got central heating or a fireplace, simply roll up some old glue-covered pillowcase-tea-towel créations and set fire to them in the middle of your living room!"

• Haha
Reactions: 72

jenny2603

VIP Member
She got a trainee reporter job with her local paper in early 2013. Then jacked it in mere months later (about 3 months IIRC? @colouredlines can correct if I’m wrong) when the Guardian came calling and she decided she was FAR too important for local press.

There’s no way “famous/celeb” jack would deign to stoop so low again. See also: getting any “deliciously ordinary/humble and modest” job.
Of all the stupid things Jack has done chucking that job at the local paper was the worst. She had a brilliant platform to highlight local causes and issues and chucked it away to play at West London media darlings, then managed to arse that up. It would have given her a good grounding and let her develop as a writer. It's incredible that someone so stupid and untalented has no sense at all that they need to improve.

• Heart

Bugger13

VIP Member
Bloody Jack and her chaos-it’s 4am now. I hope someone sues Jack and all the organisations behind this wank if/when someone suffers an injury sanding tuna tins or opening tins with knives and mallets. The old ‘she’s chaotic but well meaning’ excuses get really old when she keeps getting away with giving out both stupid & impractical advice like this.
Also, was staggered to see that she’s ignored the perfectly reasonable suggestion that she make her patreon earnings public as most using that platform do, stopping speculation & allowing people to make an informed choice about whether they want to support her. The well meaning side clearly comes & goes eh 🙄

• Heart
You're a bunch of funny fuckers, JFC the egg ring debacle - I've not laughed that hard in months.

Also re the job stuff - she clearly doesn't want a regular job as hospitality is desperate for jobs, she could get one by this evening if she wanted. Secondly, didn't a frau join us here to say she had dm'd her about a job with a 50K salary and SHE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO REPLY. This can only mean one thing - she is making enough via patreon and tip jar that she doesn't need to or she has an inheritance/nest egg we don't know about. Because if you are -£14 in your bank account wouldn't you take up this kindly offer even if you hated every mintue of it?

• Heart

DragonBoy

Is Pesky Blinders about gypsies/travellers? If so, this squig is absolutely right about how problematic Jack's cosplay is:

View attachment 1837409
And the sad thing about all of it is that it’s just bullshit. She obviously wanted to post a gratuitous tit shot for the divorced dads to get her engagement up for the book promo and was trying to shoehorn ‘perky’ in there somewhere. It could just as easily have been ‘peaky boobers’. None of this is going to end well for her.

• Haha
  • Sad

Ooointitot

Chatty Member
I know the seeming excuse for it before was the fear of the flying monkeys, but there have been so many consistent jags at Jack that I don’t think the “I didn’t use her name” five year old level argument would stop them. She knows as well as we do that what stops them is the fact she’s right.

It’s frustrating because everything she says is a good point, bizarre highlighting of ableist over incredibly dangerous aside, and I think she’s actually the kind of person some of the squigs might truly listen to but the way it’s presented as sly subtweets (sometimes clearly aimed at here) completely undermines it - and if Jack was to try hold her up as an example of bullying, the digs and indirectness would play in Jack’s favour IMO.
She‘s been overtly and directly critical in the past and has earned a lot of respect from us for that. Now she’s relaxed into intermittently referring to an idiot to an educated audience rather than running around screeching to the world at large. I assume she has good reason for this, but also it’s worth remembering she’s a cookery writer, not a brave knight sent to fulfil a purist fantasy.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Celeste90

Apologies I don't know where this will land, but I've been really enjoying treating my Old Harold (who hasn't LEFT yet) to some thrifty tips and seeing his reaction.

He's also been popo for 20+ years so good fun asking him about 'firm police advice', this is mostly met with swearing or 'that doesn't make SENSE'

Here Jack, some additional testimonials for your promo tweets courtesy of Mr C90...

Tuna tin egg ring - "horrific"

Knife strainer - *perplexed look followed by rubbing of temples* "no?!"

Knife & hammer tin opener - "you can't be serious"

Overall character analysis - "they clearly enjoy riding band wagons"

• Haha
  • Heart

Sketchy

VIP Member
Less than a year after insulting DC's son, Jack wishes she had the opportunity to drive a tank into his front garden? I hope the diary clash was her agent putting their foot down
I'm no fan of his, but after her monstrous and abhorrent post about his dead child, she should have the decency to read the room and shut her mouth about him once and for all. Not saying no-one can slate him, himself, obv, he's fair game as far as I'm concerned but she really over-stepped the mark that time - who tf uses a dead child as ammunition? Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot? Does she think everyone has short memories? Jack Monroe, take shame for once and shut your fucking mouth.

• Heart
  • Sad

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Whichever way you turn, there’s something fishy about Jack. Moving away from the pov, the brothel, etc, there’s always more that’s worthy of being looked into.
During the past year she was invited to speak at a parliamentary thing, I don’t remember what it was. Did @HotesTilairehave a profile pic of Jack with her finger up her snout, from that day?
Anyway, she said provided anecdotes, I think, and said she would follow it up with evidence. A frau checked later and she hadn’t provided anything to support what she said.
how many times has she done this? Can someone remember what this was and provide a link, please?

She’s been platformed by people in highly responsible positions across charities, media and politics.
to be honest, no wonder she believes herself.
Enjoy!
8AEE48F4-80C1-46F6-B96A-D592F7A41C60.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick