Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I know we are all sad but I think we need to pause and look at a) this monstrosity from near enough 7 years ago and b) see who has liked it. This woman (not squigged because she has a blue tick) is AMAZING at making pies. I mean, properly amazing. What on earth is she doing liking Jack’s fucking prune rendered shite?

A43D7703-4E23-4BFA-989A-143EF50ACCB0.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
This reads like her attempt at a Here, My Dear. The deliberate inaccessibility of the text for Neurodiverse readers is more calculated than the customary refusal to use legible text on insta posts or Alt Text on anything. (One of my many roles has been to create learning resources and legal information for people who aren't necessarily highly literate, NT or who have a spiky profile on raw ability assessments, so I have frequently had to look at utter guff from people paid too much money and identify all the barriers they have put into their text and then rectify matters).

Apart from the colours being difficult to read for many, the way they're spread over the lines and different poorly differentiated colours for some inexplicable reason (to be a cunt to people, I guess) means what a lot of people will glean from that is

Big heavy kitchen scissors
Measuring jug
Grater
Teatowels
Freezer
storage Per- (Rialto?)
Medium (Derek Acorah or Doris Stokes?)
Huge non- (Sister Felicite spuurtbustler or Sister Cecilia Wangbucklefiddlesticks of the Blessed Lady of Direspuduella? Oh. non. Not nun. And we really shouldn't be bodyshaming women religious whether they have taken solemn vows or simple)
Couple of roasting (roasting what? Chestnuts on an open fire? Conkers because all chestnuts are interchangeable?)
Jars

Knife sharpener (what for? Didn't see a knife in the first list - because it's been made to recede into the background)
Metal serving spoon

Griddle pan
excellent for pancakes (WHAT? What is excellent for pancakes? The griddle pan?)
Small bullet blender, or powerful jug (THE PUNCTUATION SUCKS. And what is a powerful jug?)
Masher Cake Tin (What? What's a masher cake tin? Do they sell them in the 99p shop? Is there a recipe for Masher cake in this pamphlet?)
Casse- (Is this misspelled German now?)
Extra knives (Extra in what sense? As in Zombie hunters? Butter knives? Pen knives like the one she reckons she walks around London carrying?)

Small veg chopper (Already spunked seventy quid on a bullet blender on her say so. But don't have a kitchen knife, so maybe that's how you slice onions, by putting them whole and unpeeled into the small veg chopper?)
Several food-safe spray bottles (What the fuck are they? Are they in the pound shop as well? What colours do they come in - and shouldn't be some recipes before they start being sprayed?)
Electric Whisk Digital (have we gone on to What Three Words locations now? Because that's in the arctic end of Norway)
Spatu- (Wasn't that one of the things that was said to Gort in the original The Day The Earth Stood Still?)
la/fish slice (Yes, it was - 'Gort! Spatu - lafish slice, spatu - lafish slice')
Slow cooker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Celeste90

Yes, let’s add it to the list I’ve just made up. We also need to report re. COSHH and RIDDOR.

We laugh, but a union supporter like Jack should know this stuff.
As a H&S frau 🔺this is actually super interesting as I genuinely don't know how you'd flag this or who would care (its the HOLIDAYS OK I switched my brain off for xmas). HSE and regulations/guidance are more for occupational h&s (but an organisation is still responsible for keeping the public safe on their premises etc etc), so I guess if anything the beef would be with the publisher.

I'm actually going to be a nerd and read up on it.

And yes if you saw my earlier post, between my job and my OH being a police officer we don't get invited to many parties

ETA - hurrah my suspicions were right, I'm better at my job than Jack https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consume...a-product-you-own-has-a-potential-safety-risk

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

jenny2603

VIP Member
This is true, Jenny. I know there will be people who have literally nothing but that will be few and far between, and less common than perhaps a nurse using a foodbank.
Jack is like those insufferable people on Twitter, well she is an insufferable person on Twitter but those ones who have to find fault with any money saving tip any one offers. So someone will Tweet about a good price on something and they'll be right in "but what about people who don't have any money and can't buy before the sale ends". Or if someone shares a cheap recipe they cannot wait to say "but what about people who don't have any cooking facilities". I long for someone to snap back "well obviously they can't make the recipe then, are you fucking stupid or something?" but no one ever does.

• Haha
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
I know. It is startling. Protesting 'I didn't say I was still poor. Where did I say that?' linking an essay she literally wrote about still being poor and having having no money at all.
Why do you think being unable to afford shampoo, soap and haircuts for two years means I'm poor? I LIKE boiling soap for your information.

• Haha

Whaa?

VIP Member
I hope that someone from Trussell reads the book before making it available. They distanced themselves from the slogans on her merchandise, they may want to take a look at some of the advice she is handing out.

ps. I went to Trussell's website to see what they had written. They seem to have deleted the text of an entry dated 19th Dec concerning Thrifty Kitchen. Have Trussell decided they will not distribute her book at food banks? I know I am not tech savvy, can anyone else find reference to Jacks book on the Trussell website?

I see Bookshop.org is still promoting the scheme.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Madonna_Claws

Making it all about herself. As usual.

I'm surprised she hasn't tweeted yet about the time she and SB bumped into Pele on Southend rec and she wowed him with her ball skills and oh how they hooted when SB misunderstood the phrase "onion bag" 🙄

Spoiled the Viv (RIP) gag though... 😥

• Haha
  • Heart
I hope that someone from Trussell reads the book before making it available. They distanced themselves from the slogans on her merchandise, they may want to take a look at some of the advice she is handing out.

ps. I went to Trussell's website to see what they had written. They seem to have deleted the text of an entry dated 19th Dec concerning Thrifty Kitchen. Have Trussell decided they will not distribute her book at food banks? I know I am not tech savvy, can anyone else find reference to Jacks book on the Trussell website?

I see Bookshop.org is still promoting the scheme.
You know, as nice as it would be to see her truly get her comeuppance from the grift, I think it would really be fitting if people pick up on how dangerous some of these tips are and this is what ends it all.

She’d still have an outlet of blaming others, but instead of the trolls she’d have to turn on her agent, publisher, editor… all the people the book got past, it would really highlight how the issue goes deeper than just Southend’s Pinocchio-In-Chief.

ETA: also the knife thing is particularly nonsensical to me because when I helped at a food bank one of the first things they’d ask a user was if they had a tin opener and if they said no… we would give them one as part of the package! Because yes, inevitably a lot was cans, some don’t have ring pulls and ring pulls can break anyway. Are the TT not doing this because it seems pretty basic?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
5am, she was posting at 5am!!!! The last time this happened was either when she had that fantastic 6 hour romp with Burger Boy or when she was advising people that gas came through radiator pipes. Or something 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 78

Lazarus

VIP Member
Did anyone else take from the ‘sleeping on the sofa, might as well get used to it’ that she is breadcrumbing that she will be sofa surfing?
I know she’s said before about the weird sleeping arrangements at the new place which she doesn’t have, but…

Also, as she was out til 5am, one can assume SB isn’t there. In that case why sleep on the couch when there’s a perfectly good bed upstairs in one of the very large bedrooms?

• Haha
Reactions: 78

hoopdedoo

VIP Member
Looking out of the shitty bungalow
Down below the cars of Southend are just rushing by
I lie on my sofa and wonder why

Friday night and everyone's moving
I'm on Twitter fizzing and hooting, getting down
But I want some eggs and will cook them now

Aldi please can you help me?
Aldi my eggs are unruly

Egg rings in America wo-ah
Egg rings in America wo-ah
Everybody wants their eggs in a round

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Tabitha D

VIP Member
These hacks really do have the potential to go viral. She could be an absolute laughing stock.
I mean, taking the tin can hack - even leaving aside the fact it’s so dangerous, what kind of logic leads you to think this person cannot afford a tin opener (which you can get for under a quid), BUT they have a mallet hanging about the place, AND a knife they can afford to destroy?? It’s baffling.
I just don’t know how Jack can be quite so stupid.

• Haha
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
I am currently 🍾 🦉 at this bit of detective work by a squig. The Mumsnet Madness account (63k followers) tweeted out this mystery and a squig has pointed the finger of suspicion at our smol friend.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.40.30.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 21.40.48.png

• Haha
  • Wow