Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting convo going on in the replies to Pickachoo dude. Guy seems legit. There’s some more but it’s not hot tea and none of these people seem able to thread their tweets properly 🙄 I’m looking at you in particular red fist account.

Anyway just thought it was interesting to see Jack’s M.O. in action once more. Create hysteria and exploit exploit exploit the tribalism.
View attachment 1840128
The j1g is up, isn't it?

2023: A Farewell to Grifters

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Slightly off topic ponder but maybe her grubbiness is a mix of poorly applied fake tan and bleeping about with filters.

Reactions: 27
I've been wondering about it, since it does seem very odd. On the one hand, she told us that there would be:

View attachment 1840074
(the unavailable tweet is from The Grocer, announcing her as their 'Hero of the Year' - it's possible that she's actually intending to say that the cover shoot & interview is for them rather than the guardian, but you'd have to ignore the tweet she's replying to for that to work)

Other points in favour: it ties in with the book launch date - it's the week when you'd expect an article to appear if one was going to; she (or her publishers / publicist) clearly has some remaining relationship with the Guardian, and there might have been some sort of deal done around the cancellation of the Guardian Live event; it's a slow news period, so any content will be welcome.

On the other hand: A cover shoot and multi-page interview?! Really? Monday is a strange day for that, given that the Graun's food supplement is published on Saturdays. The Guardian seem to be a lot less keen on her than they were (and, again, there's all that business around the Guardian Live which looks bad for her), and they must be aware of all the new, more widespread concerns about her behaviour.

Therefore: Who bleeping Knows... but I'm looking forward to finding out.
🔺️🔺️🔺️🔺️ ex magazine publishing frau insight here. I worked in a different sector, more niche, but it wasn't unheard of for cover feature and "interview" (read "undeclared, technically illegal advertorial/branded content but it's so rife every fucker is at it") to be rolled up into a promo/advertising deal with a big client.

So my guess is that's what this'll be.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
She did manage to centre herself and get in a ridiculous brand new and original claim that she’s been evicted SEVERAL TIMES, despite never once mentioning being evicted before Greenbelt in 2017, and never ever mentioning “several times” and “no fault” evictions before that day.

FORENSIC increasingly exaggerated “eviction/eviction adjecent” timeline here

And continued here
Imagine being able to "escape the tyranny of Housing Benefit" ie she didn't actually need HB? Which they stopped 12 times in a year. I know the DWP will stop benefits for no real reason, and they do that a lot, but 12 times in a year? That implies she got it *back* 12 times in a year, so it must have been a repeating and easily-resolved issue? Again yes it's not unknown for them to mess up like that but I admit I'm a bit skeptical on this one. Having had dealings with the DWP I hate to be taking their side on anything but this does sound a wee bit like someone who has *heard* about the failings of the benefits system but has no (or very little) actual experience of that world. is HB all she was claiming back then? Any parent-Fraus have any insight on whether she could have claimed something for being unemployed with a small child?

The "scared of brown envelopes" is definitely a thing some people get, but it also feels like someone else's story that she's picked up? I do know people who've never bothered to even apply for PIP because they've assumed they'd never get it even though they're eligible and they don't want to have to go through the system again for something they don't think they'll get. This is probably part of why there's so many millions in unclaimed benefits. But overall most people on benefits can't just decide they're not going to claim *anything* because of horrors they might face. They need the money, they don't have any alternatives. If your Housing Benefit gets stopped 12 times in a year you *can't* just call it a day and not bother with it any more.

Reactions: 51
Imagine being able to "escape the tyranny of Housing Benefit" ie she didn't actually need HB? Which they stopped 12 times in a year. I know the DWP will stop benefits for no real reason, and they do that a lot, but 12 times in a year? That implies she got it *back* 12 times in a year, so it must have been a repeating and easily-resolved issue? Again yes it's not unknown for them to mess up like that but I admit I'm a bit skeptical on this one. Having had dealings with the DWP I hate to be taking their side on anything but this does sound a wee bit like someone who has *heard* about the failings of the benefits system but has no (or very little) actual experience of that world. is HB all she was claiming back then? Any parent-Fraus have any insight on whether she could have claimed something for being unemployed with a small child?

The "scared of brown envelopes" is definitely a thing some people get, but it also feels like someone else's story that she's picked up? I do know people who've never bothered to even apply for PIP because they've assumed they'd never get it even though they're eligible and they don't want to have to go through the system again for something they don't think they'll get. This is probably part of why there's so many millions in unclaimed benefits. But overall most people on benefits can't just decide they're not going to claim *anything* because of horrors they might face. They need the money, they don't have any alternatives. If your Housing Benefit gets stopped 12 times in a year you *can't* just call it a day and not bother with it any more.
The problem I have with her 12 times in a year is that generally they pay HB to match with your rent obligation, and we know she was in private rented accommodation so I’d be willing to bet this was monthly. So they’d be stopping it literally every single month. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The problem I have with her 12 times in a year is that generally they pay HB to match with your rent obligation, and we know she was in private rented accommodation so I’d be willing to bet this was monthly. So they’d be stopping it literally every single month. It doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.
I'm in Scotland🔺so mine goes straight to my landlord and so admittedly I don't pay that much attention as long as it keeps getting paid. If anything I'd say HB is the one me and other people I know have had fewest problems with in those terms. And yeah if it's stopped every month but she can also get it back every month in time for it be stopped next month... what was the issue there? It can't have been anything too complicated, can it? Sounds like a computer glitch with their records, maybe? The same glitch for 12 months and it only happens to you is time to write to your MP and try to get the local paper after them if you can.

of all the jack aesthetics i hated this one the absolute most, it was so unnatural and creepy. uncanny valley vibes.

The feeling I from it was those toddler beauty pageants where there's a batshit Mom in the background yelling "Smile!" and Jack is doing her best to be smiley and happy and pretty while inside she's utterly out of her depth.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Has anyone mentioned yet their postcards have arrived? We’ve had a few things posted before Christmas arriving now. I know there is a backlog but I refuse to believe they would all be stuck.

If you’ve a strong stomach, google ‘Giles Coren Winkler’ for some bad sex writing 🫠
And google the piece he did on going on holiday with his young daughter - it’s even worse, if anything.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
If she was self employed, the council would request regular proof of income to keep the HB claim going. So it's possible this was the case for her, and she didn't provide ongoing bank statements etc?

Reactions: 23

At the time she would have been entitled to Income Support, Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit and would have been under no obligation to look for work. I cannot think of any reason for housing benefit to be stopped and started so frequently when someones circumstances are fairly stable. Problems at the start of a claim can be quite common but once it's up and running that should be it unless something changes or there is a belief/suspicion something has changed. I believe Jack had a go at running a crafts business at one point during The Poverty, assuming she declared it, that might have caused problems with her claim as she would have had to provide regular proof of income to see if she was still entitled to benefit and at what rate as her earnings would have been taken into account. As Jack is stupid, it's entirely possible she ignored requests to supply proof of earnings which would lead to her claim being stopped but that would be her own fault rather than the EVIL TORIES. I should stress there are problems with the administration of benefits and many people have awful experiences through no fault of their own but taking into account Jack's dishonesty and histrionics I'd say whatever went on was at least in part her fault, assuming any of it happened at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Wtf is “addiction to meat” anyway
[/QUOTE]
It is called Miller and Carter syndrome. 🤭😜

• Haha
  • Wow
If she was self employed, the council would request regular proof of income to keep the HB claim going. So it's possible this was the case for her, and she didn't provide ongoing bank statements etc?
I think they do this now with the UC change but they used to ask for the previous years statements and base it on that, and obviously expect you to tell them straight away if suddenly you started making more, I’ve never personally heard of anyone being asked to provide proof monthly when on the legacy benefits (though every council is different etc etc).

Reactions: 15
I met someone yesterday who used to have a Patreon, I asked a bit more about how it worked from the creator perspective, and if it was difficult to use. The main downsides were:

Pressure of producing content to a consistent quality for a long-term audience at a fixed time every month - business ebbs and flows, sometimes it was convenient, other times it felt rushed and not fair to Patrons.

Coming up with creative content to schedule, not when feeling creative, takes the enjoyment out of it.

Patreon income is subject to VAT, as a digital medium, and doesn't work out the different tax stuff you need to do for non-UK purchases (other platforms do do this for you), so it's an accountancy ballaché. And you have to register for VAT even if you don't meet the usual threshold. Although I presume that wasn't an issue for Jack.

It's currently £85k, quite close to an MP salary.

Reactions: 44
She was only self employed (Jam and Spoon Crafts) for a really brief period from about Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 when she got the newspaper trainee job.

Other than that, 2-3 really short lived part time jobs in 2012, two she LEFT, one fired her after a week, and then in mid 2013 she got the Guardian column/book contract and advance etc etc. She then also LEFT her newspaper trainee job cos the big lights O’ The Groucho were calling.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.