Jack Monroe #445 A criminal, liar, fraud, grifter and all round heartless asshole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they do this now with the UC change but they used to ask for the previous years statements and base it on that, I’ve never personally heard of anyone being asked to provide proof monthly when on the legacy benefits (though every council is different etc etc).
Back in the day when I claimed HB from a council in the SE, I know if you were self employed it was a right ballache as you had to provide your bank statements regularly. I was paye so afraid I don't know how frequently they needed them.

Reactions: 18
And google the piece he did on going on holiday with his young daughter - it’s even worse, if anything.
That was vile. He also gloated on twitter with a literal haha when a young left wing journo died cos she'd rightly written that he was a nepo-kid at some point. 1 of the cruellest things I've ever seen on there.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Back in the day when I claimed HB from a council in the SE, I know if you were self employed it was a right ballache as you had to provide your bank statements regularly. I was paye so afraid I don't know how frequently they needed them.
I know around that time that you wouldn't be eligible for HB if you'd rage-quit your job (ahem, I may have rage quit a job) but I don't think that would matter if you had a bebe as JennyNummers pointed out above...

Reactions: 27
Has anyone mentioned yet their postcards have arrived? We’ve had a few things posted before Christmas arriving now. I know there is a backlog but I refuse to believe they would all be stuck.
I was expecting to see some strategic sock postcard recipients pop up on twitter by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Do you remember hen she said her hair was curly when she was a teenager? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
But…it WAS!!!
CBF297D2-BC99-4E27-AE11-6E4273FBBE2D.jpeg

520979B3-66F9-49E8-8154-0672C612A5C9.jpeg

E0A1114F-3B55-410C-84CE-0C5A00EA8EF0.jpeg
A1BDB85D-F579-4DD8-83EA-11D3FB9D2790.jpeg

“This is pretty much what it looks like” naturally when it’s long

EDIT: forgot to credit Marm for the screenies, sorry!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Thank you dear tenderstem, that’s what I remembered.
Get this kind of stuff under the nose of an investigative snooper. I bet there are more examples of this out there which begs the question of why she is being invited back.

J’adore Luke Haines. Very funny, ascerbic man.
Not a huge fan of his music, but his two books on the Britpop era are essential, funny as duck

Reactions: 13
🔺️🔺️🔺️🔺️ ex magazine publishing frau insight here. I worked in a different sector, more niche, but it wasn't unheard of for cover feature and "interview" (read "undeclared, technically illegal advertorial/branded content but it's so rife every fucker is at it") to be rolled up into a promo/advertising deal with a big client.

So my guess is that's what this'll be.
Maybe an interview/something with another more sought after Pan Macmillan author or someone much more exciting on Adrian's roster? Or one of his people's brands having a big advertising spread in the main paper...

It probably got stopped every time she failed to provide info on time. Which knowing her could've been monthly...

Reactions: 18
Just like Jack, Coren set up socks on Twitter which tweeted (in his case anti-semitic) abuse at him. To make him look like a victim.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Giles Coren is vile. The fact these people can continue in the public eye, with these questionable thoughts/behaviours, even more so.

Victoria is super bleeping irritating too.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
We need a grown up! Any around to make a new thread please?
I was going to do it but I can't be trusted not to ignore thread title nominations and just go with Emmapism's 'Can everyone stop saying wet nuts'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.