Jack Monroe #441 Congratulations on dispatching items you sold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can she claim to be a poverty campaigner when the only thing she’s said about the current housing situation is “poor me, my rent is going up?” In between bleeping selfies. People are dying in substandard accommodation with black mold etc and she had nothing to say about that.
Her rent doesn’t even sound that high for a large detached house. I recently had to move because the rent on my flat went up by £200 a month which I couldn’t afford. I now rent a 2 bed flat for only £150 less than what the rent for Jack’s mansion is going to be, and I’m not in a particularly expensive area. Everyone I know who rents has had their rent go up by a lot in the past year. It’s absolutely tit and I am scared for the end of my current contract in a few months as I know they’ll want to increase the rent again when that happens, but it is what it is. I didn’t take to social media kicking and screaming about it because I don’t think my situation is any different to other renters it’s happening to. Jack seems to think she deserves better than everyone else and doesn’t comment on the current housing issues at all until it affects her. Boggles my mind that people can see all the self centered shite she’s tweeted about over the past few months, such important topics from viennettas to paint samples, and still think she’s a campaigner and doing good things for people in need. She very clearly doesn’t care about anything except herself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
I just remembered this one of design guru Jack’s kitchen BEFORE and AFTERs as well, courtesy of dearest @colouredlines who posted this compare and contrast originally

BEFORE Jack got her hands on this RENTED kitchen
View attachment 1822811
No way
she didn’t lose that deposit.

Also, if this is what happens when Jack “puts a lot of love into” something, it’s no wonder her partners all LEAVE

Edit: I did a weird spoiler chaos, sorry
My head is spinning just looking at that second picture. Do we have a source for the before picture?

Reactions: 18
@terfette regarding the crappy bungalow, is you go back to the earlier threads it's discussed at length, in no Sherlock Holmes but she posted so many details about it I found it, and the old ad on right move. I was shocked, it's absolutely massive, in a lovely area and a really nice property.

Our house does get cold, we face fields and the prevailing weather and it's quite a small 3 bed semi. We are all owner occupiers now, but a couple of doors up used to be rented. 10 years ago they got £950 a month for it!!! God knows how much the rent would be now if it was still being rented. A room in a shared house is about 700 a month here.

I'm addicted to homes under the hammer, they reckon a 5% yield is ok, anything less is a bit meh. Her landlady is quite within her rights to put up the rent.

Thanks for the sloppies, I've voted!
I will have another search of the threads.

I’ve just asked my partner, regarding his price increase. On a standard boiler service he had to put it up by 13%.
She will also have to have any fires serviced. The price for that, plus gas safety check and boiler service will account for a good 20% of that rent increase. There’s every chance her insurance has also gone up.

Also, if jack were using the heating as little as she has claimed/alluded to, she would rack up extra call outs for problems that causes (but we know she’s lying about that).

This “absolutely no price increases for LL” is my brain aneurysm.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I've been MIA from these threads for a while as I've been BUSY doing my real life job and watching terrible festive films. Very impressed to notice that the Jack wiki is now up to three parts! Good work ninnies.

Jack slagging off her landlady has infuriated me enough that I've come running straight back here to moan about it. No matter how you feel about the concept of private landlords it is not OK for someone with over half a million followers to single someone out like that. It's bullying. But I am quietly lolling at Jack "daughter of a landlord" Monroe trying to take the moral highground on this whole subject.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
At the risk of sounding like I don’t believe Jack is lying ( because she almost certainly is) but the letting agent my last landlord used would communicate via text predominately because it’s the easiest way to prove that the information has been sent , received and read. (Particularly if the person you were communicating with regularly tweeted about their thousands of unread email and unopened letters )
The full stop instead of comma in the number is a European thing, I can believe that text is an auto-generated one

Reactions: 25
What a shitheap

Thank you! It was Mr Mabel's idea I haven't even looked into it but now will!
Quick google says
Is a dishwasher more energy-efficient than hand-washing dishes?
A dishwasher is generally more energy-efficient than washing dishes by hand. However, it can be a grey area as it depends how you hand-wash your dishes.

For example, some people use the tap to pre or post-rinse dishes. Some leave the tap running non-stop and others opt to fill the sink and leave the rinsing. Then there’s washing-up bowls. Some fill the bowl right to the top, whereas others use a lot less water.

On average, the majority of modern dishwashers use around 9.5-14 litres of water per cycle. Hand-washing on the other hand can use far more.

Reactions: 19
I just remembered this one of design guru Jack’s kitchen BEFORE and AFTERs as well, courtesy of dearest @colouredlines who posted this compare and contrast originally

BEFORE Jack got her hands on this RENTED kitchen
View attachment 1822811
No way
she didn’t lose that deposit.

Also, if this is what happens when Jack “puts a lot of love into” something, it’s no wonder her partners all LEAVE

Edit: I did a weird spoiler chaos, sorry
If she did that in my rental, I'd have had her guts for garters.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The Dave whinging about £13 a month on his properties (which he boasts are unfinanced - a savvy money saving hack for the intergenerationally wealthy!) chaos starts here -

Thank you dear heart, that was a big help ❤

Jack needs to take her father's advice regarding the costs associated with being a landlord, even when the property is inherited. Note that he mentions the £700 per 5 years is a cost that will be passed onto the tenant, not the LL. Giving yourself away there Big D.

20221221_142958.jpg

20221221_143001.jpg

20221221_143004.jpg

20221221_143007.jpg

Jack is clearly pushing her limits with her own LL and needed to witch online about because Daddy would support the LL " I'm sorry Jack but your LL is right, you are an entitled bleep".

ETA hope these screenies are ok, they are on public SM and relevant to Jack's back story and current claims but please remove if I've done wrong.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I keep thinking this chaos feels different to previous ones. With Patreon renewals coming up, being pretty much cancelled (so no fresh 'marks' to target for scammjng) and rent increasing (as others have observed, a fair % increase), I reckon she's shitting it.

I've said it before, but there's a beautiful irony in the fact Jack's final excessive lies about being poor have backfired and could well plunge her into the position she's lied about being in for the last decade 🤣🤣 I just hope her son's dad keeps him well shielded from his absolute shithouse of a mum when the reckoning really comes.....

Reactions: 50
In 2013 I had a studio flat in London, Zone 3.
it was big enough for a double bed, a wardrobe, some shelving, and a 4 seater kitchen table. No sofa, no armchair. The kitchen was tiny and there was an en-suite shower room.
Utilities were included, but it was £1,160 a month. For a big room.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
That’s one crappy rotten apple lying right by the cunty tree, innit.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
@terfette regarding the crappy bungalow, is you go back to the earlier threads it's discussed at length, in no Sherlock Holmes but she posted so many details about it I found it, and the old ad on right move. I was shocked, it's absolutely massive, in a lovely area and a really nice property.

Our house does get cold, we face fields and the prevailing weather and it's quite a small 3 bed semi. We are all owner occupiers now, but a couple of doors up used to be rented. 10 years ago they got £950 a month for it!!! God knows how much the rent would be now if it was still being rented. A room in a shared house is about 700 a month here.

I'm addicted to homes under the hammer, they reckon a 5% yield is ok, anything less is a bit meh. Her landlady is quite within her rights to put up the rent.

Thanks for the sloppies, I've voted!
If she starts posting about house prices, I put my bet in that she'll find a similar three bed property up here (average price probably around the £900 mark, maybe £1000 depending where) and use that as a price comparison. Without wanting to acknowledge the complete inequality in funding generally between the North and South, or the varying demographics.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Her rent is going up less than my mortgage did as we were renewing right during the Truss tit storm. That's why they have the affordability tests she hates so much.

Reactions: 39
So... if it is true that Jack tied herself into a two year fixed term agreement (and not, as she has said, a rolling monthly contract) then when did she sign it? LJC LEFT in ?May 2020. But she also says she signed the tenancy together with Louisa then her partner skipped out. Either way, it should have come to an end back in the summer this year (2022), no?

She's been staying in that house for two and half years with a minimum cost of rent, council tax and utilities of £2K+ per month knowing that she can afford it based on her income (minimum £24,000 expenditure per year - equivalent of earning a gross salary of £30,000). That's not including all her other expenses such as performative ASDA shop, wigs, sideboards, large dog with ongoing professional grooming needs etc etc. I cannot believe the landlady would not have been prepared to negotiate an early termination - she could have been out of there by the end of 2020 but chose not too. It really is a huge house - detached, garden and outhouses, far more space than one person with an occasional son might need, and she's getting a bargain at £1500/month based on local prices.

It's genuinely insane that she did not attempt to downsize until late this year - I guess at the point of publishing HH2 (summer 2022) her tenancy was actually up and she realised that she was running out of cash and her plan for Harold to get her out of it with his big car/wallet wasn't going to work. Perhaps at that point she signed another 6 month lease, which would explain it being up in feb. Also might explain the mysterious 'lodger' who might have been helping her with the rent/bills (against the terms of her tenancy...). It is also baffling to me that she would take on the practical and financial responsibilities of an expensive dog like Content in June 22, knowing the situation she was in and that she might have to move house at some point (HH2 was published in July 22 when she whinged about still having no cash).

I can only think that she was earning decent coin until the chaoi in the spring/early summer this year and started to see opportunities drying up as she fluffed Lorraine/This morning, her book being 6 months late so delaying getting the publication payout etc.

There is a world where I feel sorry for her: she clearly has some mental health issues and has big problems managing her finances and spending/hoarding, which are the source of her money woes (not systemic poverty...). At the same time, she's a vicious narc and compulsive liar, who does not deserve her platform as a 'campaigner', so Boo, I guess

Reactions: 51
Hey guys, not to derail but…has anyone seen Ralf Little recently?

Oi Jack, (you know you’re reading) where’s Ralf. Or Nigella. Or Jay Rayner? Or the rest of your out of touch, rich, privileged celeb supporters? What’s going on?!
I would love to hear Ralf’s opinion on her now!
Her out of touch blue tick supporters are getting worse, one of them seems to be cosplaying as a (proud) Welsh person who is actually a very posh English person?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm just astonished at the lack of promo she is doing for the free books for food banks aka double my booksales and pretend its charity.

Even Trussell are strangely silent about it all.

Won't someone think of the poor and their lack of access to shiny new slop recipes??!!??

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I am surprised but glad at the lack of promotion of the 'buy a copy for a poor person' angle. Perhaps her new agent has pointed out what a bad idea it would be. I think Trussell should be embarrassed for going along with the promotion in the first place.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.