Jack Monroe #441 Congratulations on dispatching items you sold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone somewhere in London will be looking to downsize to Southend for some working from home coastal living. It would be bleeping hilarious if someone put in some Land Registry desk research to 🔺Jack’s LL and make an improved bid for the tenancy. What Jack is being asked to pay is a bloody bargain compared to London rents and it’s not like Jack hasn’t plastered photos of every square inch across social media. Gazumped through oversharing! It would serve her right for being such a miserable twit of a tenant.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Would the standard amount of notice for Jack to give be 4 weeks? If so, Jan 12th, one week after the book drops. How unkind of anyone to be subjecting her to negative reviews a time when she will be so stressed out trying to find a flat.

And the landlady, who was formally lovely, couldn't she be persuaded to let Jack go onto a rolling contract if she needed a bit more time to find somewhere to go?
As we know Jack has a rare and special form of autism called "Sterotypes and Stuff I Pulled Out My Arse Syndrome" and therefore cannot lie so Evil Landlady did have her on a rolling contract back in 2020 but then changed it to a fixed term contract with no break clause using trickery because Jack is such a desirable tenant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
@Lucky Escape she classes money from gigs as salary. And pretends she doesn’t have an income from patreon, tip jar etc. that’s why she claim not earn enough for her rent etc.

to whoever (abelmabel?) you might find it’s cheaper to run the dishwasher than keep heating water to wash up. More hygienic

Reactions: 29
Hey guys, not to derail but…has anyone seen Ralf Little recently?

Oi Jack, (you know you’re reading) where’s Ralf. Or Nigella. Or Jay Rayner? Or the rest of your out of touch, rich, privileged celeb supporters? What’s going on?!
They keep advertising that Death in Paradise Christmas special here. He's thankfully not been sniffing around sloppy Jack's twitter for ages though.

When she says LA, might she mean Letting Agent rather than Local Authority?

Reactions: 30
I'd love the landlord or someone landlord adjacent to see her bitching about her and the property. As if the place wouldn't be snapped up same day if she tells her to sling her slopping hook seeing as its so intolerable/damp/cold/spenny. I reckon Jack thinks there's something in it for the LL to be renting to a dubious z-lister, her heads rammed that far up her own hoop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Hey guys, not to derail but…has anyone seen Ralf Little recently?

Oi Jack, (you know you’re reading) where’s Ralf. Or Nigella. Or Jay Rayner? Or the rest of your out of touch, rich, privileged celeb supporters? What’s going on?!
I suspect she burned her bridges with Billy Bragg too, after just dropping out of Glastonbury with no notice.
Maybe it is at last dawning on these people that her critics were actually right about her.

Reactions: 39
They keep advertising that Death in Paradise Christmas special here. He's thankfully not been sniffing around sloppy Jack's twitter for ages though.

When she says LA, might she mean Letting Agent rather than Local Authority?
Could be but as she doesn't really want to move out I doubt she spoke to anyone. In any case the agent works for the landlord so they're not going to go against their decision.

Reactions: 20
Someone somewhere in London will be looking to downsize to Southend for some working from home coastal living. It would be bleeping hilarious if someone put in some Land Registry desk research to 🔺Jack’s LL and make an improved bid for the tenancy. What Jack is being asked to pay is a bloody bargain compared to London rents and it’s not like Jack hasn’t plastered photos of every square inch across social media. Gazumped through oversharing! It would serve her right for being such a miserable twit of a tenant.
Been suggested before to SPITE bid on it. Landlady is next door so not hard to leaflet her.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Do we have screenshots of Big Dave's rent increases?
The Dave whinging about £13 a month on his properties (which he boasts are unfinanced - a savvy money saving hack for the intergenerationally wealthy!) chaos starts here -

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I’d love an AMA from one of a big Dave’s tenants. Not the one he rings at 5pm everyday for a chat.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I can’t wait for the Schrödingers moving chaos because there will be one, is she in? Is she out? WHO bleeping KNOWS

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack, as someone supposedly with your finger on the pulse of the cost of living, has it escaped your attention that EVERYTHING is going up? That includes rent, and you are already getting a bargain. Talking of getting things, how about a job?

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Just carrying this over from the last thread as I was TOO LATE to reply before the shutters slammed down on my poor frozen hands. Yes it's a bad move for all the reasons you highlight. From a local authority perspective it also makes no sense at all to have Jack living in an under occupied property. All her and SB need is a two bedroom house or flat. The crappy bungalow would be better used by a larger family and I can't see any good reason for the LA wanting her stay there. She signed the lease because she wanted to stay and I highly doubt she went anywhere near the local authority to get that overturned.
Of course it’s a private rent situation. Why would the council care?

Reactions: 21
Lol I think a better question is “Anyone else suspect that rent increase letter is real?”

Given that she’s been lying and making up self serving bullshit for over 10 years now, she’s really not very good at it. Not that it matters to her as long as there are still gullible idiots to eat it up and rain shiny sixpences in jam money upon her
Nope - I think she sent it to herself from another phone. It doesn't look professional at all.

And, as already rightly pointed out - who would send a text? Surely it would be in writing.

The whole thing smacks (pun intended) of a very large pre-Christmas tin rattle to me.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.