Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning tender ones, looks like I picked the wrong day to have a work deadline. Someone's posted on twitter a couple of facebook posts written by Big Dave the Marxist Leninist Royalist LANDLORD and it's basically him whinging about some buy to let fees (£700 over 5 years) and he's saying that regretfully he'll have to pass the cost onto his tenants because even though they can ill afford it, being on benefits and whatnot, it's definitely not going to come out of HIS pocket. So ... yeah. Just thought I'd mention it.

Also, the next thread title has got to be "they look dire" or similar? Even "Jack Monroe: Dire".

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 129
You mean you don't believe a 12yr old boy is merrily eating his degloved bollock sausage bap whilst listening with rapt attention to Brene Brown? How could you be so cynical, really?
SB really is an exceptional boy. On Monday morning all other secondary school aged children are moodily eating cheerios while simultaneously scrolling tictok and WhatsApping their friends.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I concur on the not compulsory bit. However, it doesn't have to be a cesspit if you use it correctly. My account is private, I only follow friends and celebs I like to keep up with news about their books, TV shows etc and bar the odd time where I get sucked in to see why some moron is trending (just like our smol pixie yesterday) I avoid the cesspit side entirely and mostly have a lovely time among witty people just like I do here. You reap what you sow on Twitter - just look at Jackanory as an example.
Same here.
I don't use it very much but that is exactly how I use it.

It's occasionally been useful too when unable to get answers from a company on an issue, they will usually respond pretty quickly on Twitter.

Reactions: 16
That instagram post is illuminating. The Brene Brown speech is only 20 or so minutes long, but offers clear insight into Jack's self-perception. Wouldn't be surprised if SB had a dose of pink eye shortly... As Tom put it yesterday: the ego on you.

With bells on, dear ❤. I can hear Saint Jack polishing her halo as we speak. Also, I don't think the lady in the video would agree that starting a flame war on roast potatoes can be filed under 'bravery', 'creativity' or 'ignoring the critics'.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’m sure she’d be a lot happier if she just had a bowl of bleeping cereal for breakfast
Honestly, who can be bothered cooking on a school morning? My kid is weird, and hates normal breakfast foods, but the most I'm doing is heating up leftovers for her in the meecro wavay (inbetween yelling at her to get ready, and her refusing to whilst also yelling that she hates me. Much fun!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
She'll never make Instagram her Twitter replacement. It's all about Reels now (vain attempt by Meta to copy tik tok). To grow followers you need to be posting daily, have researched your audience, know the relevant hashtags.* You can buy followers but if you want real and engaged people to buy your product its not really worth it.
She's also turned off the 'like number' under that post too.
*I don't do any of this from my niche corner of Instagram which is why I only have 1K followers after 3 years!

Reactions: 45
Don't most normal people have toast or cereal for breakfast? Perhaps porridge or pobs in the winter.

Cooked breakfasts are for when you get up late on a weekend. Who in their right mind makes a pretend sausage and egg McMuffin on a weekday? No need to answer, we all know it is Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
"Very little rent money finds its way into the landlords pockets."

Will 🥺 someone 🥺 think 🥺 of 🥺 the 🥺 poor 🥺 Marxist 🥺 landlords who can afford to go on a four week holiday to Greece during a cost of living crisis

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
Morning tender ones, looks like I picked the wrong day to have a work deadline. Someone's posted on twitter a couple of facebook posts written by Big Dave the Marxist Leninist Royalist LANDLORD and it's basically him whinging about some buy to let fees (£700 over 5 years) and he's saying that regretfully he'll have to pass the cost onto his tenants because even though they can ill afford it, being on benefits and whatnot, it's definitely not going to come out of HIS pocket. So ... yeah. Just thought I'd mention it.

Also, the next thread title has got to be "they look dire" or similar? Even "Jack Monroe: Dire".
can you point us to a key phrase in the tweet to search it out pls? :)
7382D7E3-3C97-424B-8342-C4950D9E9DCF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
A brief Patreon update -

One for @Brian Butterfield - when we shared month opening last drop day it was at 773 subs, but with the disclaimer that for some reason Patreon are now shedding them over a 24 hour period rather than one swift swoop. Accounting for all the losses that Brian kept track of, she actually opened at 755 which is £2.3k @ £3.50 avg ps and that 755 was the result of 56 lost subs & 93 gained subs netting off at +37 / + 5.2%. This period of losing subs started 01/09 @ 07.40 and ended 02/09 @ 00.50.

Month to date we’ve seen +19 subscribers which is in line with previous quiet on the grifting post-Nigella months (April, May, and July 2022). September 2022 was her best month for acquisition outside of Nigella’s co-sign so fingers crossed we are re-entering our 2% churn era again 🎉

ETA - sorry September 2022 as in the month before September payday, so actually calendar month August sorry dear hearts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
"Very little rent money finds its way into the landlords pockets."

Will 🥺 someone 🥺 think 🥺 of 🥺 the 🥺 poor 🥺 Marxist 🥺 landlords who can afford to go on a four week holiday to Greece during a cost of living crisis
He owns those properties outright doesn't he? Any money he gets out of them is going in his pocket surely? People like him give decent landlords a bad name.

Reactions: 62
He owns those properties outright doesn't he? Any money he gets out of them is going in his pocket surely? People like him give decent landlords a bad name.
He may have bought more through mortgages but honestly who knows. Whichever way you look at it, it's not great.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
He may have bought more through mortgages but honestly who knows. Whichever way you look at it, it's not great.
He says he doesn't have to "service bank debt" which I took to mean, mortgage free. But who knows.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
He says he doesn't have to "service bank debt" which I took to mean, mortgage free. But who knows.
Omg if you don’t even have a mortgage on your extra properties and you can’t make it work the only conclusion must be you are an actual dumb dumb?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.