Jack Monroe #441 Congratulations on dispatching items you sold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nice of Jack to admit that ‘the price of bleeping pasta’ is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and thus so is her ridiculous career of moaning about it & making up nonsense about it going up 344% when it hasn’t. (And forgetting that expecting massively cheap food actually impacts some of the poorest in society who work in food production/supermarkets etc. Someone always pays).
I’m just staggered at her complete lack of self awareness. Someone from a family of landlords who is funded by the kindness gullibility of strangers moans about their landlord asking for rent. Maybe the landlady is disabled/arthritic/addicted (insert any conceivable misfortune) like Jack. Maybe she has an elderly relative who needs expensive care or has no pension and so is being hit by the rising cost of living like the rest of us? Maybe it’s sweet duck all business of Jack, who is the last person on earth who can criticise anyone given that she has taken money for years from others by playing the victim?
Seriously, can she not see the utterly cringeworthy hypocrisy? Always one rule for Jack, yet again.
On a bit of a tangent, the £169 for her "cheap" cooker is one of my favourite Jackfibs. It's actually a spenny Rangemaster (but not that spenny!) - @Dogmuck did an analysis on thread 350 going into the absurdity of it all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Re the property size - it is down as a 3 bed, but the listing for it says it can easily be used as a 4 bed, if desired. Just to give an idea of the size of it, and the cheap deal that Jack has had on this property with its specifics for all this time. If the landlady is an evil capitalist, its a wonder she didn't charge more for it in the first instance, no? 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Nice of Jack to admit that ‘the price of bleeping pasta’ is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and thus so is her ridiculous career of moaning about it & making up nonsense about it going up 344% when it hasn’t. (And forgetting that expecting massively cheap food actually impacts some of the poorest in society who work in food production/supermarkets etc. Someone always pays).
I’m just staggered at her complete lack of self awareness. Someone from a family of landlords who is funded by the kindness gullibility of strangers moans about their landlord asking for rent. Maybe the landlady is disabled/arthritic/addicted (insert any conceivable misfortune) like Jack. Maybe she has an elderly relative who needs expensive care or has no pension and so is being hit by the rising cost of living like the rest of us? Maybe it’s sweet duck all business of Jack, who is the last person on earth who can criticise anyone given that she has taken money for years from others by playing the victim?
Seriously, can she not see the utterly cringeworthy hypocrisy? Always one rule for Jack, yet again.
I never understood the inclusion of the “standalone oven” in that.
Wait! Maybe “Oven” is the code name of her bodyguard…. Who stands alone because despite her stories about big bad bullying trolls none are actually beating a path to her door and shout mean things at her.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Anyone else suspect that that rent increase letter is fake?
Lol I think a better question is “Anyone else suspect that rent increase letter is real?”

Given that she’s been lying and making up self serving bullshit for over 10 years now, she’s really not very good at it. Not that it matters to her as long as there are still gullible idiots to eat it up and rain shiny sixpences in jam money upon her

Reactions: 38
I don’t understand the thing about complaining the LL renting out an inherited property.
What’s her problem, that she inherited it, that she rents it out? Is she saying she should have sold it and not be available to rent?

Prince Lumpy wanted to keep his parents house and rent it out in case it was useful to us in the future (too far and I really disliked it so no). But maybe LL keeps it to downsize into (is it smaller than hers) or keep it for her children to move into one day, or just as income. Who knows.

The griping is just jealousy. 100% she would like to own it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m not sure why this would be of concern to the LA in any case. She is a private tenant and signed a lease for 2 years before her circumstances changed. If it meant that much to her to move out, surely she could have simply moved out and let the LL keep the deposit.
As far as I know you can appeal to the LA for a decision where you and the landlord disagree. Apparently in Jackworld local authorities are always acting against their own interests and leaving tenants in under occupied houses because reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
On a bit of a tangent, the £169 for her "cheap" cooker is one of my favourite Jackfibs. It's actually a spenny Rangemaster (but not that spenny!) - @Dogmuck did an analysis on thread 350 going into the absurdity of it all.
Thank(space)you for pointing me towards that thread because I've been sat here counting my fingers saying £169 per month for a bloody cooker?!

Also I've been so focussed on the £1,500 rent for one person that I missed the more obvious JUST £1,500 per month rent for that massive detached property in a beautiful leafy street. Once again proving both a sense of entitlement and not knowing one is born (Jack not me 👀)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I've got a right case of the Jack Monroe's today. Can't be arsed to do anything and I still wanna get paid for it*

*I will of course continue to work today and am a privileged cow but all aboard the Pre Xmas struggle bus
Babe, same.

And to make matters worse, bought some Pringles, got them home - realised they are fecking whole grain 😩

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
It’s the same cooker as Leggy’s, as Jack’s so desperate to create a Leggy Aesthetic in all her post-Leggy kitchens. Only Ol Leggy has the more expensive PROFESSIONAL version, because she’s an ACTUAL food professional.
65C47024-2B40-49A9-8FC0-D351A4EFCFA0.jpeg

Southend’s nightmare slop slinging version of Blanche Dubois has to “rely on the kindness of strangers” to buy her cooker and all her other tat, and can’t cook or fill her dinner table for 14, so therefore doesn’t need the pro version.

Or Rangemaster told her as she was so unprofessional and should have kept her legs closed she couldn’t have that pro one and had to have the pleb version like the rest of the hoi polloi. WARNED.

ETA I’ve only just really noticed the expression on Jack’s face here. Do you think this was her first time seeing anyone throw a pancake into the air?! “WOW! THATS AMAZING, ALLEGGY!!!!”
8466F567-4C11-4C98-878C-7232DCBCC54E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
It’s the same cooker as Leggy’s, as Jack’s so desperate to create a Leggy Aesthetic in all her post-Leggy kitchens. Only Ol Leggy has the more expensive PROFESSIONAL version, because she’s an ACTUAL food professional.
View attachment 1822685

Southend’s unprofessional nightmare slop slinging version of Blanche Dubois has to “rely on the kindness of strangers” to buy her cooker and all her other tat, and can’t cook or fill her dinner table for 14, so therefore doesn’t need the pro version.
That photo might need a spoiler. 😂 My teeth are already itching.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
That kitchen freaks me out. It's so full of stuff. I think i would have a melt down trying to cook in there.

Reactions: 40
Hey guys, not to derail but…has anyone seen Ralf Little recently?

Oi Jack, (you know you’re reading) where’s Ralf. Or Nigella. Or Jay Rayner? Or the rest of your out of touch, rich, privileged celeb supporters? What’s going on?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I know it’s childish but I‘m super smug that our mortgage is only £147 a month, only got 7 years left to clear it (I’ll be 50), my kids live with me, my Harold is a catch, our dog is groomed and cared for, I earn my salary fair and square, and I don’t waste a minute of my life fostering an entirely fake persona on the internet.

I wouldn’t want her life for anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Would the standard amount of notice for Jack to give be 4 weeks? If so, Jan 12th, one week after the book drops. How unkind of anyone to be subjecting her to negative reviews a time when she will be so stressed out trying to find a flat.

And the landlady, who was formally lovely, couldn't she be persuaded to let Jack go onto a rolling contract if she needed a bit more time to find somewhere to go?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hey guys, not to derail but…has anyone seen Ralf Little recently?

Oi Jack, (you know you’re reading) where’s Ralf. Or Nigella. Or Jay Rayner? Or the rest of your out of touch, rich, privileged celeb supporters? What’s going on?!
I believe he's still working (100 hr weeks) over in Guadeloupe. Free time = beach and skype family or tweet with Jack. Tough choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A wee reminder that voting for The Sloppies is open.
Gutted that my favourite Jack of all, and the one that converted me into a Frau didn’t make the cut….yes I’m looking at you Goat Leg Jack yomping round Croydon with your backpack full of trotters

too much chaoi for 2022 from our Jack, here’s to so many more in 2023

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That photo might need a spoiler. 😂 My teeth are already itching.
I’ll spoiler this one then. Here are Jack’s early efforts to create a Leggy Kitchen Aesthetic after she had to LEAVE Leggy’s kitchen (that she thought was hers)
C357DA87-7E99-4BEB-828A-98DF357608FB.jpeg

E5C15438-3C97-4B4B-9089-57BFF74F03A9.jpeg
FA79CB95-87A6-4445-B39A-07A15FDE6B3D.jpeg
AFBEDC58-61B4-4173-B516-B2D100E5C9E2.jpeg

(Thanks to the indefatigable @Marmalade Atkins for the screenies, as always and enjoy the mini stocktake hall of fame in the bottom one! Mulberry! Docs Docs Docs!)

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
You would think if the LA thing was really an issue Jack would be openly campaigning about it more in the media - her "struggling single mum TRAPPED in rental contract" story can't be the only one out there...

One of these things is not like the others... Unless Jack is buying a new cooker every month??? Or that's the monthly payment on an extremely spenny one.
Edited for chaos OMFG SHE IS SPENDING HOW MUCH ON A COOKER???

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.