Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shes been playing the part of a working class pov for 10 years. To be fair to her she's so successful at it she's also managed to rob a living in that time.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
An account on Twitter mentioned Jack having her teeth bleached which led me to this image I’ve never seen before (forgive a relatively new Frau) which I thought worth sharing. The teeth! Must be Facetune 1.0.View attachment 1819840
Suspiciously smooth, slightly glowing skin? ✅
Glowing white teeth?✅
Nebulously jawline? ✅

Ain't no doubt it's plain to see
That's some facetune trickery

Worst dress up by far was the panto Belle. Cos the son wanted her to be a princess. Oh no he didn't. You shameless relentless narc
"Oh yes he did!"

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Grifty Kitchen “like a modern day Mrs Beeton” and her memoir “about the impact on women (ie ME ME ME ME) of austerity”.

View attachment 1820565
She actually might have quite a lot in common with Mrs Beeton, who was not a Victorian Austerity Saint, but an average woman desperate for money by any means possible, who flung together a book on a tight deadline to get some cash...sounds familiar, eh?

Beeton did not actually write most of her book, but instead plagerised it from a variety of other sources: entire chapters were lifted verbatim from cookbooks and household management books written in the 100 years beforehand.

And when she did write her own stuff, she tended to forget essential things, like eggs in a cake, or recommend nonsensical things, like boiling a carrot for an hour and a quarter. Jack could sympathise there, I think.

(And then, when the poor woman died, her husband and agent continued to publish the book with amendments and new forewords indicating to the reader that she was still alive, in order to keep the money rolling in, as a grift it was a fairly sad one.)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Oh babe same!! ❤ A frozen pipe burst and all the ceilings came down. I was away at the time. 😑. I bet my bungalow is shitter than Jack's now!
oh no! That’s much worse. We had the same issue but thankfully my OH was home at the time so we managed to switch the water off before the ceilings collapsed. I say “we”, he did, I fled the scene in a panic with the kids, dog and one slipper on. Let it never be said I am calm in a crisis. I hope your insurance have sorted you somewhere warm & dry to live for Christmas ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 32
An account on Twitter mentioned Jack having her teeth bleached which led me to this image I’ve never seen before (forgive a relatively new Frau) which I thought worth sharing. The teeth! Must be Facetune 1.0.View attachment 1819840
Uncanny Valley Jack strikes again. So weird and cartoonish, does she genuinely think people will believe that's what she actually looks like??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Uncanny Valley Jack strikes again. So weird and cartoonish, does she genuinely think people will believe that's what she actually looks like??
And yet people constantly recognise her and "wave her through" in high-security situations. With the latest fillers plus the face tune, I'd wager Big Dave couldn't pick her out of a line up of insta Huns.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She really looks like something off the cover of a bad romance novel in those pics
The top photo she reminds me of one of those women who fall in love with prisoners on death row and wear fleeces with wolves howling at the moon... very specific vibe now I've typed that lol...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The fact she’s in that huge house for less than £1.65k is wild. 10 years ago me + a friend were paying £1.6k for a tiny two bed flat in a converted Victorian terrace. Yet again she has absolutely no idea she’s born?! And what does she expect when she’s got a mortgage on the £550k - 800k property she was going for before??

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Dear Ms. Lin,

I’m Writing to you to give you some content to talk about on the internet. I’m not your actual landlord, I’m actually just you (meta)

Please remind everyone you are poor (be snippy about it) also make that really hilarious joke about curses and dragons to prove that you don’t spend all your money on designer tat, you are actually just a common or garden pov.

All my Love

Amanda Lin (but in a wig, so I don’t look like you)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
*Rubs hands gleefully!*

How the duck does she get a property like that for less than a knackered two bed ex council semi in an area where the riskiest thing to be is a black teenager walking home from the bus stop? And why if you can get somewhere so nice for less than £1650 pcm, would you not get somewhere more appropriately sized for significantly less (other than the obvious, she was absolutely bleeping minted)?

• Heart
Reactions: 70
The fact she’s in that huge house for less than £1.65k is wild. 10 years ago me + a friend were paying £1.6k for a tiny two bed flat in a converted Victorian terrace. Yet again she has absolutely no idea she’s born?! And what does she expect when she’s got a mortgage on the £550k - 800k property she was going for before??
Also, looking at similar sized properties in Southend available to rent atm, £1650 is still at the cheaper end of the scale. I’m not saying it’s cheap, but I only paid £250 less than that for a small 3 bed terrace in SE London not that long ago. I have no idea if the landlord had a mortgage or if it was inherited though, because that’s a weird level of detail to know about your landlord if you don’t have a personal relationship with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.