Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's this pic of her packing crappy pics, which was posted on her Patreon at the end of October. We have to assume it is recent although who bleeping knows
Wasn’t she alluding to a more recent posting, to accidentally/deliberately coincide with the strikes? Calling it festive, or something?
Either way, I don’t believe a single word she says!

she's actually using the rm strikes as a cover for pretending to send out the patreon content, isn't she?
Exactly this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
That house is about 300sqm smaller than ours. We have our thermostat set to 19c. We've binned using the dishwasher but had to start using the tumble dryer again mid October as washing just won't dry outside. I work from home. We've been using throws and blankets ans jumpers etc to try and avoid sticking the heating on. Not always successfully. I've three teenage boys who like to use PlayStations/watch Netflix/play guitar so loud I've got ringing in my ears. Our combined gas and electric bill has gone up from £220 pm in October to just shy of £500 pm. I'm working on basis it will drop significantly come the spring against Much depends on supplier I suppose, but there's no way the boiler is turned off and it's solar lights for everyone chez Mackie.

Reactions: 30
LMFAO the “crappy bungalow” is about the same size as our house then, judging by the square ft.

So literally everything she complains about is a result of her choosing such a large property, and there is nothing out of the ordinary about the costs of living there, except for the fact her rent is seemingly quite cheap.

Reactions: 23
Also the lodger/housemate suggests that the landlord allowed her to sublet, which most won’t.

Reactions: 27
That house is about 300sqm smaller than ours. We have our thermostat set to 19c. We've binned using the dishwasher but had to start using the tumble dryer again mid October as washing just won't dry outside. I work from home. We've been using throws and blankets ans jumpers etc to try and avoid sticking the heating on. Not always successfully. I've three teenage boys who like to use PlayStations/watch Netflix/play guitar so loud I've got ringing in my ears. Our combined gas and electric bill has gone up from £220 pm in October to just shy of £500 pm. I'm working on basis it will drop significantly come the spring against Much depends on supplier I suppose, but there's no way the boiler is turned off and it's solar lights for everyone chez Mackie.
Although our electricity bill has been £400 a month, I put this down to my partners ridiculous amount of lights. There’s about ten bulbs just in our bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
LMFAO the “crappy bungalow” is about the same size as our house then, judging by the square ft.

So literally everything she complains about is a result of her choosing such a large property, and there is nothing out of the ordinary about the costs of living there, except for the fact her rent is seemingly quite cheap.
I agree. Our old house was a terraced four bed and a lot smaller with a postage stamp of a garden and it's next door twin was being rented out for £2250pm (our mortgage was £1k 👀) Different part of the country but the the average prices for the areas don't seem dissimilar overall.

Reactions: 14
[
I always get so annoyed when she doxxes her landlady like this. For all she knows they may have had to remortgage the house but even if it isn’t mortgage free Jack has no right to just broadcast this to 500k followers.
She's such a beeyotch plus if the house is managed by an agent they also add charged, increase current charges etc, for all that face knows they could be charges incurred by agents rather than house costs etc, ime having worked for agents whilst temping the wording ref value etc (if true) will have been written. By agents as part a stock template for rent increases and very minimal input her landlord.
I can't believe I'm semi defensive over landlord here, sure she's driven me to this before.
Her sense of entitlement sends me to places I never dreamed I'd frequent.
Just done my sloppiness vote, I've lost count, were her steampunk inspired amazon leggings and the horrible victoriana style 'vegan' boots the year before?
I can't beleive how much time has passed!

Bloody hell. I had read that as £566 on energy in a year - but no, you're right, she means that's her monthly bill!

That's 15x more than I pay, for just over 3 times the floorspace. And a good chunk of her house won't even need to be heated - the spare bedrooms, the halls and landing, and (most of the time) the dining room. And she claims to be using solar-powered lights!
Blimey. How much? So with that level of energy consumption for one teeny tiny pixie person and a peripatetic child, presumablyshe's treating the place as a one bed as the other rooms have been converted to a cannabis farm - NOW it all makes sense.

Or she's growing her own coca plants. Note to self - write to Gardeners Question Time to check feasibility of cultivation in Essex.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
If I was whinging about living in a property in council tax band G - the second highest in the area, I'd probably keep quiet about it...
also if her landlady is so "lovely", I don't understand why she couldn't have negotiated to move out, especially when Louisa LEFT and her son isn't there most of the time.

Oh, and one more thing - what's happened to the mysterious lodger? Was he helping with the rent and bills?
For some reason this is going massive and the main bit is getting cut off when I'm trying to squig it, so I've had to cut off the top but it's a tweet from Jack. She claims Evil Landlady refused to cut the lease short and she appealed to the local authority who just told her to shut her legs or something. I smell shite. Note she claims 'we' signed the lease and she was the lead tenant but has subsequently claimed that only she and not LJC signed the lease. Why does she lie about such pointless tit? In this case it supports my theory that she hoped LJC would feel sorry for poor struggling, martyr Jack and come back.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 11.09.57.png

ETA: This is what Jack was claiming her outgoings were in April 2022.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 11.22.41.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
That house is huge!!
A 3 bed detached beside me is £1800 to rent, it's a nice area in the midlands. My neighbour and I were shocked by the price but guess what reader...it was snapped up!!!!

Would also thoroughly recommend a smart meter, I am really aware of our electric usage. It is low in the summer and then I bank up money for winter- as opposed to the crappy advice of just paying usage. I pay £200 a month. Spring/Summer usage is about £60 then I have a surplus sat in my account to cover Autumn/Winter. Basic maths really.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know some fraus dislike Vlad, but he is very good at his job. This morning, he gave me a video mentioning (Danny Dyer) barbering and (Kate) Gloss makeup as customers of SB insurance. And is still trying to get me to buy a Shark.

• Haha
For some reason this is going massive and the main bit is getting cut off when I'm trying to squig it, so I've had to cut off the top but it's a tweet from Jack. She claims Evil Landlady refused to cut the lease short and she appealed to the local authority who just told her to shut her legs or something. I smell shite. Note she claims 'we' signed the lease and she was the lead tenant but has subsequently claimed that only she and not LJC signed the lease. Why does she lie about such pointless tit? In this case it supports my theory that she hoped LJC would feel sorry for poor struggling, martyr Jack and come back.

View attachment 1822512
I don't believe for one minute that the LL said 'tough tit, you have to stay in the property whether you can afford it or not'. Jack has tweeted in the past that she has been late with the rent payments. Why would you want a tenant who has told you they can't afford the property? Is late with payments? If they can't afford it then they are unlikely to be able to afford general maintenance type stuff/heating which will impact on the condition of the property. Be more likely to trash it as a duck you for 'making you stay there' 🙄. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Reactions: 33
The impression I get from those tweets yesterday about rent, bills and patreon is a kind of, I'm suffering, times are tough, I've fulfilled my subscriptions, now give me more money. The reality is, shes supposed to be a poverty campaigner and instead of highlighting real poverty, she's highlighting her own hardships which are let's face it, not that hard if she can afford 1500 rent etc. Why do people keep going on about this 'Good work' that she does? There s been no evidence of that for some time.
Yes, I think she has been feeling a slight financial squeeze hence the Twitter beg. What would happen if she had no Twitter access? Would she implode?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.