Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks! The 4 minutes of rambling before the singing is quite something.
nonononono my own anxiety couldn’t take the preamble on the other one and now I’m too nosey not to try this one too

edit to add - no one else introduces themselves like this!? Hi it’s me Alansbigplate; tattler, depressive, mum, partridge fan

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
"a quick use up dinner". Ah yes, to use up all the aubergines and jarred artichokes I have knocking around. Wasn't it capers she was mocking JO for using as they were too FANCY for people to have in their cupboards?

Bellend 🙄

Screenshot_20200712-145258.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She sold her piano when she was poor, of course. Except on insta I read that the landlord left a piano in the crappy bungalow because it was too big to move 🧐

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
"a quick use up dinner". Ah yes, to use up all the aubergines and jarred artichokes I have knocking around. Wasn't it capers she was mocking JO for using as they were too FANCY for people to have in their cupboards?

Bellend 🙄

View attachment 179563
Never did I thought I'd say food could do with a rinse but my goodness that looks dry, I'm imagining the cream cracker challenge (anyone else do that at school?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Listening just now to Out to Lunch with Jay Rayner, and he and Grayson Perry (who I love!) talk about class. It’s a great podcast, even without the class stuff
I used to like Jay Rayner until his ‘dear heart’ comment to JM but I absolutely love Grayson , he’s wonderful! I hope he’s not a Twitter pal of the world’s worst poverty wannabe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
She sold her piano when she was poor, of course. Except on insta I read that the landlord left a piano in the crappy bungalow because it was too big to move 🧐
Yeah I mean it screams 'poverty' when someone moves a piano into a ~crappy rented flat~ doesn't it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ok re having to sell a piano when she was poor...
B34D3D1C-15BD-48E9-8245-8D98A7814E6B.jpeg

Then apparently did own one in 2017
88FECBAF-B72D-4D83-BC95-F439FBC18DAA.jpeg

I also found this erm groundhoggy?
5169EC2E-39DA-4F20-B822-5BCAD05BD050.jpeg

I used to like Jay Rayner until his ‘dear heart’ comment to JM but I absolutely love Grayson , he’s wonderful! I hope he’s not a Twitter pal of the world’s worst poverty wannabe.
I quite fancy jay rayner in a ‘would feel dirty afterwards’ way, then I was watching an old master chef the other day and he says to this pretty girl after tasting her food ‘what are you doing later?’ 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I could tell you about being poor
I could tell you about loathing myself
I could tell you about all the missed opportunities I’ve had.
Oh wait I just have!

ugh she makes my skin crawl the way she over dramatises everything and the poor me narrative. I haven’t even made it to the singing part yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
If by the smallest of small chances Jack manages to get the Supervet to see kitten and treat her, and it gets on TV, is the treatment free? Does the TV company cover it? (I've no idea).
I think she is 100% hoping the fee would be covered by the production company, hence the bumlicking to Noel

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
one thing I noticed when I went to uni (in Scotland), is that when first meeting kids who came from boarding schools, they would always quickly ask you 'which school did you go to?'. When it first happened I found it a really odd question to ask, but really it was to find out if you were 'one of them' but probably also to find out where your pecking order would be
Omg yes! This!

I had an interview at Oxford University (didnt get in, wasn't prepared for the pressure, glad I didn't). When we first got there they put on a mixer for interviewees - the first thing I was asked was what school I went to.

"I don't think you'll know it..."

• Haha
  • Heart
I could tell you about being poor
I could tell you about loathing myself
I could tell you about all the missed opportunities I’ve had.
Oh wait I just have!

ugh she makes my skin crawl the way she over dramatises everything and the poor me narrative. I haven’t even made it to the singing part yet.
it’s almost scripted isn’t it? Self conscious to the point of fake

Reactions: 18
All I can say right now is that poor kitty is being used as a prop. :cry: That latest picture is like trying to be Pride Rock from Lion King.

That traybake tortilla thing looks a bit dry to me, is it a savoury cake??

IMG_20200712_154731.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 12
nonononono my own anxiety couldn’t take the preamble on the other one and now I’m too nosey not to try this one too

edit to add - no one else introduces themselves like this!? Hi it’s me Alansbigplate; tattler, depressive, mum, partridge fan
😂😂 I might actually start doing that next time I’m on the conference call at work.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
All I can say right now is that poor kitty is being used as a prop. :cry: That latest picture is like trying to be Pride Rock from Lion King.

That traybake tortilla thing looks a bit dry to me, is it a savoury cake??

View attachment 179595
Jack lurches from the watery as duck horse spunk lasagne to a tortilla drier than the Gobi desert , there’s no middle ( I mean decent cooking) ground with r’Jack.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.