Jack Monroe #44 Spoiler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Flumps, amazing ❤ So happy for you and what a relief x x x
I am not clear how to react to this news, my other half thinks I am underwhelmed, I am just confused as in the past biopsies of that area have not brought good news. I feel like I feel *more* stressed than I did before. Weird. Am I ungrateful? Ever patient other half is going to take me for a walk (like a confused old dear I assume) in a bit, to help deal with all the random energy I am feeling, but I felt like I wanted to tell all you fraus as well.

Amazing amazing amazing news!!! ❤❤❤ Thank you for letting us know, have you got anything nice planned for the rest of your day to celebrate?!
A walk. An ice cream. Probably a nap. My lifestyle is not the rock n' roll thing it once was! x

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Up to date and so confused. The kitten was in the bathroom, so was Jack, only Jack was in bed and kitten escaped the bathroom, presumably using telekinesis cos its but a disabled scrap of a thing, then floated onto the bed. But J was in the bathroom so the cat got on the bed without her until J teleported out of the bathroom, videoing the mechanics of the door on the way. Right? only no cos its all bull tit.
It’s the 2020 version of Schrödinger’s cat

ETA my delight about @Flumps results!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
All the congrats @Flumps <3 Perfectly natural to feel weird, but moving your body is the best way to shift all that adrenaline. Sometimes the result we really wanted takes some getting used to.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbh the saddest thing is she'll have Patreon subscribers who don't even have £170 a month in disposable income...

I love the newbies coming out and telling us how they always knew too, we all definitely had that moment of 'am I insane...' or 'this doesn't make sense...' so it's super validating. The ones that came over from her Twitter tirade though - looool.

Also LOVE our detectives spotting more ££ stuff. Obvs she's earning really well off her own back but didn't she buy a load of nice bits with her £24k settlement and brag about it on Twitter, too? Maybe that's how she justifies saying it's all gifted, cos it is, from Katie Hopkins loool

edit: also sending loads of love and positive vibes @Flumps !! xxx
That was me! From the 'first wave' of her Tattle Twitter rants! I'd always put my niggles with her to the back of my mind and this thread genuinely was like taking the red pill in the matrix 😂 I'd like to think a lot of the cat stuff, DW pile ons etc would have been enough for me to see sense but who knows!

Yeah im pretty sure she said she did but obvs all those tweets have been deleted now...

@Flumps hope all goes well. Sending you positive thoughts xxx

ETA: bad signal! Delighted to see your update and that it indeee went well! Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well, that might have been the shortest time between posting about waiting for something and the results coming in. Lovely consultant rang me at the start of clinic rather than the end. I will spare you the long story, which involves being kept a close eye on for a while, but short story, no bastard cancer. This is the answer I was looking for. Hurrah!
Brilliant. x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
These ads 😂
I have the same ones, familiar looking businessman but I suppose they've gotta earn an income now somehow ! 😜
She did literally say that she would eat part of herself as a "last meal" if she was on death row because she's always thought she'd taste good. :sick:
Her leg would taste better than any of the food she makes, probably, but that's a low bar to clear so...

Dude.. this is the JM version of saying Candyman into a mirror three times.

<insert gif of ducking for cover here>

I've grunka'd and lunka'd my way through the weekend of JM. I'm tired today, and am waiting for biopsy results, like a cat hopping about on too hot tiles, so forgive me if all I say about JM is that she seems to be developing a more casual relationship with the truth every day. And that everything to do with the poor little kitten makes me so sad.

Hello to all the lovely de-lurkers. I love it, you all sound so clever and witty, this is really the most lovely place.
Fingers crossed for you flumps 🤞 hope you get good news, and that you're resting up with a nice beverage to keep you cool today 💕ETA; that's great news!! So happy for you, hope you can have a celebration of some kind!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am not clear how to react to this news, my other half thinks I am underwhelmed, I am just confused as in the past biopsies of that area have not brought good news. I feel like I feel *more* stressed than I did before. Weird. Am I ungrateful? Ever patient other half is going to take me for a walk (like a confused old dear I assume) in a bit, to help deal with all the random energy I am feeling, but I felt like I wanted to tell all you fraus as well.

A walk. An ice cream. Probably a nap. My lifestyle is not the rock n' roll thing it once was! x
It will take some time to process, I’m sure. Mexican wave of frau love coming atcha!
A walk and an ice cream sound just the ticket for assimilation of such news.
Perhaps not this particular ice cream:
8F7DF3BC-56A0-423C-A2EC-1B30ACBDD428.jpeg

😂❤

Shall I make the new thread? Don’t want to venture into the danger zone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She has a nice standard of living now.
She always did. She had an entitled flounce when Jonny was very young after she resigned her fire despatch job. She had to wait a few weeks for her benefits to come through and she turned those few weeks of waiting for some state money into her wretched life of abject poverty. Jonny's father and her family ALWAYS helped her out and were there for her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
New-time poster allert here.

The first time I came on a JM thread was when, surprisingly, it came up in my Google suggestions and I really did not like it. What did this person, who just tried to make affordable recipes for those who need them, have done so wrong to get all this hate?

Fast forward a few weeks after unfollowing JM on Twitter because I was getting annoyed with her cringe-worthy posts and began reading a few threads here. And then reading thread #31 where she responds hereself. Oh my....(I also very much enjoyed reading the posts on class btw. As an EU-import in Scotland who worked both at one of the most prestigious universities and a wee ex-polytechnic, lots of recognisable observations and things I first did not understand when I moved here in 2006).

I won't go into all the ways she annoyed me in thread #31 (or on her Twitter), just what stood out for me. I am not surprised she has been diagnosed with a form of autism. My dad got diagnosed with Aspergers (suspected Aspergers as my grandparents could not be consulted anymore) when he was in his late fifties. The way she keeps on responding out-of-touch to some of the comments and questions in that thread is like reading a discussion with him. Someone so tangled up in their own narrative they can't escape it anymore, not showing any awareness of how this way of responding rubs people the wrong way and not 'getting' the point of some questions/remarks and then answering very literally or detailed.

My dad also has a history of leaving jobs and social clubs through blown-up conflicts (no ability to reign himself in or consider the impact on family members - he once deliberately cause a ruckus at town hall over some local planning thing and admitted he had expected to be taken tot he police station in advance. He didn't care it was my mum's birthday and embarrassing for her). And when my parent divorced he was quite manipulative towards me and my sister (we were in our thirties and he didn't like we were not playing along with the victim-role he assigned himself). For relatives and friends, social handicap like high-functioning autism remains challenging. My sister and I often ask each other: Is this dad's Aspergers, or is he just being a dick? In other words, does he know better than to behave like this or not? I still often do not know what I can and cannot expect of him (he is also very generous with his time and money if I explicitly ask for help). And I really do love him and I also feel for him and his inability to solve social conflict better, because he does crave connections and friendship. My husband has a good friend / musical partner with Apergers and struggles with this too: where does Paul's autism start and stop and how much is his own responsibility?

Anyway, because he's my father and Paul a friend, we take the effort to reflect on our interactions and will give them the benefit of doubt or keep loving them anyway. But I don't think public figures can ask the same of their audiences. Social handicaps are no joke and hard to navigate, but like physical handicaps there is help and adjustments for navigating the world. And just like blind people don't drive cars, perhaps public figures with a social handicap should not manage their own social media. For their own safety first, but for others too.

As for JM in the public eye, I am just done with following her and the repetitive victim story. I have some of her books and like some of her recipes, though they are hit/miss. I have enjoyed her suggestions for reducing food waste and substituting ingredients (I know this can be a joke as well), which can be a great encouragement for people who want to cook more and are intimidated by long lists of ingredients/having to buy special things. It's a shame it all has to come with a side of 'poor-old-me-could-not-buy-a-house-at-30' and the generous pinches of 'look-at-me-being-quirky/whacky-not-giving-a-tit-but-pleeeeease-like-me'. She's definitely lost me there and it makes me not want to spend money on her work.

(And duck her for all that kitten stuff)
Hi, I’m diagnosed with autism, and also have severe ADHD. Autistic people can have positive and negative personality traits just like everyone else, the difference is that autistic people who are unpleasant may not have the social skills to hide it.

The thing with all of this is that I don’t believe that Jack has ever been diagnosed. Her various stories of how she got diagnosed have been conflicting, and do not match how diagnosis happens in real life. Her most believable (in terms of coming across as a truthful account of something that actually happened) autism diagnosis story was an educational psychologist coming to her house and giving her various tests and interviews. However educational psychologists are not qualified to diagnose autism. They just assess a child’s learning needs.

An alternative explanation for Jack’s behaviour on thread #31 is that she was deliberately avoiding the point of questions. I think she knew fully well what everyone was getting at. For example, when a poster told her to get off her phone, and she started going on about how actually they’re in the hallway and she’s on her laptop. She was attempting to be a smart arse, and make the other person look silly and obsessed with her devices. This was to distract from the point that she is a sad case obsessively going through her own thread.

At other times, she was attempting to distract from her failing to answer difficult questions.

I do believe that Jack has something wrong with her. There must be something driving her pathological lying, exaggerating, her need for attention and pity etc.

I do believe that she has ADHD but I don’t believe that she has been actually diagnosed. (I see some of my own behaviours in her, like not being able to follow through on promises, short attention span, mood swings, can’t multitask as shown on live TV, impulsivity etc).

It’s also very clear that she has anxiety.

My personal armchair diagnosis is anxiety, ADHD, and some kind of personality disorder.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That bedroom photo proves it is not a typical bungalow, it looks more like a loft room with the sloping walls.
It's a three-bed bungalow in a very nice part of Southend - it's one of those bungalows with an extra room upstairs. The rooms are very well-proportioned. She said she has a "decent sized bathroom". She may even have room for a pony!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm so behind, I need to go back and pretty much read this thread from the beginning because I've been skimming when I can the past few days and nothing is really going in my brain.

Just want to add my good wishes and send positive vibes for your results @Flumps. Also hugs for anyone else who might need them this week.

Not going to comment on Jack and the kitten updates till later when I can take the time properly, needless to say though that I think she's an even bigger bleep than last week.

Stay safe lovely cabal xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Bit confused Jackie. You had a notebook with the lyrics in for Landslide and for some of your busking. But, last week you said you can recall songs almost perfectly 👀
I'm grunka-ing after a stressful, BUSY morning at work and looking after my small child, so forgive me if I'm repeating anyone, but why is Jackie responsible enough to not name the song title for fear of triggering someone, but will divulge how much weight she's lost, in what time frame, and her weight?
I cannot speak for those who have/had an ED but surely the former is less triggering than the latter? Or they'd be equally as triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.