Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fingers is on This Morning doing normal stuff with clementines. It’s like they’re doing a greatest hits of people who have fucked her over this week! Do they want her to stop breathing?!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
My child was unwell during the night, not in today. Apart from the fact I was awake until 3am so was in no fit start to sort her this morning.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I wonder if her piece where she assists four families with their shopping will ever appear? Her call for that was several weeks ago.
LET JACK BREATHE! She's still got to tackle the #TROLLCLAIMS , do all her behind the scenes work, be mamapapa to her sick child and move house.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Precisely. I am now softly gently painstakingly grunking back on her timeline to locate the last piece of practical advice (using the same criteria). I am on September 1st and still drawing a blank.
She advised ripening fruit in microwaves at the end of August.

Not Cost of Living advice admittedly, more like tips for Increased Peril at Home. 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

See you in a few days x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Going slightly backwards re SB being ill, and her wording showing her up as lying. He was supposedly struggling to breath, it was nearly 1am and she was again supposedly in the bed with him, kept awake by how dreadfully unwell he was. She went on to say “if he’s still off school tomorrow, then I’ll call GP” if he’s struggling to breath and dreadfully unwell at 1am, there would be absolutely no question of him getting up in five hours time to go across the county for school. When my kids are unwell, I know full well if they’ll be in school the next day by about 7pm, as you can usually see the trajectory of an illness. Plus….Any of my kids were struggling to breath I’d be calling an ambulance. This is the hag that went to A&E during Covid with a fake black eye, but her child struggling to breathe gets bloody vaporub??

The way she treats her son will be my ultimate aneurysm.

The tricksy breadcrumbing of ‘cold and damp’ as well - she wants the Squigs to think it’s their living conditions, but if pulled up on it she can pivot to meaning the weather.
It’ll be the mould, a new bandwagon.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Someone who as far as I know is not a troll has replied tagging in the Trussell Trust, Jack and the Booksellers Org,asking if people could not just donate directly to food banks. They say they support independent booksellers but do not approve of trying to profit from food banks. Chapeau that person!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
Jeez, someone wishes her son well, she replies with 'it's got to be fairly serious' then in the very next sentence goes on to joke about pinching the sweets from his advent calendar.

Why can't she leave information about the poor child off social media and let him have some dignity and privacy ffs. At least he had a bit of peace when she was off in the huff for a week or two.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Yep. She even compared them to some women's designer handbag collection as in this is what I choose to spend my money on. I have a horrible arm splodge tat I'm quite self-conscious about that I've never been able to cover up cos most mums can't justify spending hundreds of pounds on themselves when it could go on the kids backs.
But Jack ALSO has a designer handbag collection! Remember how she bought a Kate Spade with every book advance?

It boggles me the number of things she's bought as a "I just treat myself to ONE nice thing with each book advance do you want me to stop BREATHING??"

When I got my last book advance, I treated myself to 1 (ONE) Radley handbag, cost £131 in the sale. Then I split up the rest into my tax squirrel account, savings (holiday, house deposit) and current account to live on. Because I'm actually sensible with money.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 56
Regarding Jack's tips for staying warm. I don't have central heating and my bathroom is particularly cold. Both I and my OH put off showering in the winter because even a piping hot shower does not compensate for the lack of heat elsewhere in the house. As soon as the hot water is turned off, the chill starts coming back and it is unthinkable to me that a "warm" shower would provide an hour's worth of pleasant body heat afterwards. A hot water bottle is the most cost effective, effective heat source in my opinion. Simple as.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
But Jack ALSO has a designer handbag collection! Remember how she bought a Kate Spade with every book advance?

It boggles me the number of things she's bought as a "I just treat myself to ONE nice thing with each book advance do you want me to stop BREATHING??"

When I got my last book advance, I treated myself to 1 (ONE) Radley handbag, cost £131 in the sale. Then I split up the rest into my tax squirrel account, savings (holiday, house deposit) and current account to live on. Because I'm actually sensible with money.
This kinda tweet is my aneurysm! Up there with ‘celebs’ who send thoughts & prayers (also to include a selfie) when someone dies.

ITS ALWAYS ABOUT HER 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Reached this from August 9th, nearly 4 months ago:

View attachment 1791251

However, as the Tweet immediately below it in the thread contains a blatant lie boast, and the Tweet immediately preceding it was giving irresponsible and dangerous “advice”, I’m discounting it:

View attachment 1791259
View attachment 1791265
Well, dear fraus, I have gone back as far as Nitter will allow (July 7th) - do they want me to STOP BREATHING etc. - and other than slop, which clearly doesn’t count, there’s no thrifty advice at all. Nada. Although I did scroll past this which has aged magnificently in light of #TROLLCLAIMS:

591B5980-A8FC-4E9C-8D1C-5E5E9A6F99DC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Apropos of nothing I had a little search of her twitter timeline for ‘severely’ and found this little gem!

05968BB5-B24C-4D1B-A71F-8E78558EF443.jpeg

These things go for about £200. Granted she is talking about Christmas 2020 but isn’t this well within the ‘haven’t bought shampoo or conditioner for two years’ range? How saintly of Jack to save up all her pennies for a spenny Christmas gift when she’s not getting haircuts (ahem) and cleaning her house with 27p bleach.

A squig asked her if she could indeed share details of the model. She didn’t reply…

ETA oops forgot to squiggle!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Reached this from August 9th, nearly 4 months ago:

View attachment 1791251

However, as the Tweet immediately below it in the thread contains a blatant lie boast, and the Tweet immediately preceding it was giving irresponsible and dangerous “advice”, I’m discounting it:

View attachment 1791259
View attachment 1791265
I didn’t sleep well last night so could be reading this wrong & it’s probably Jackmath & Jack lies however she states that what ever she gets paid, the same or a greater amount goes towards helping poverty. Most places aren’t going to pay her a large sum & then double it & more.
so if she is saying it’s £49 but it’s helped quarter of a million people so far ….. 49 x 250000 = 12,250,000

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I didn’t sleep well last night so could be reading this wrong & it’s probably Jackmath & Jack lies however she states that what ever she gets paid, the same or a greater amount goes towards helping poverty. Most places aren’t going to pay her a large sum & then double it & more.
so if she is saying it’s £49 but it’s helped quarter of a million people so far ….. 49 x 250000 = 12,250,000
I think the maths is different. For example Del Monte paid her ???. If it was £10,000 she is saying she made Del Monte give that much to charity. There was a donation to charity with the Del Monte campaign, I think to a breakfast club, Magic Breakfast. There were also donations of Del Monte products. If Jack did not want to broadcast these donations (doing charitable work quietly, etc.) I think the organisations themselves would have been right in there doing the publicity themselves as it would reflect well on them. Superdrug, for instance, Netflix etc.

eta - Del Monte gave £10,000 to Magic Breakfast.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.