Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This. So much. Half a million followers. People are struggling to keep warm and fed in their budget. And not even a signpost to support and advice from "poverty campaigner"
Shes more interested in baiting 'trolls' than doing anything she claims to campaign for. The woman, her books and Twitter are a huge waste of time. You'll notice that none of her tweets about trolls will actually address the stuff we all want to know. It will all be about stupid random crap. All of that will be to bring out her flying monkeys to all act on her behalf to attack those that want genuine answers to serious fraud claims. The need to cancel her is more urgent now than ever. Her fan club and anyone giving her money need to wake up and see the damage they are all doing by supporting her. Not just to her but to those that feel they need to but financially can't. Her recipes are awful and no one who is hard up can afford to waste food.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
This. So much. Half a million followers. People are struggling to keep warm and fed in their budget. And not even a signpost to support and advice from "poverty campaigner"
She doesnt even have to give out her half baked ideas, but she should definitely be promoting, foodbanks, warm spaces and government and civil support.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Just checking in to see if the other 23 tweets are out yet? That will totally own us and render these threads irrelevant? No? Okay back to sleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
It's strange isn't it because Jack is known as a meticulous and forensic record keeper and writer. Or at least she tells us she is, ad infinitum. I've never seen any evidence to support this claim. Plenty of busy work but nothing that's ever of any genuine use.

Maybe if she wasn't so 'just a smol woman with a teeny tiny biro' she too would have a comprehensive Wikipedia and collection of wise online friends from around the world. But she doesn't. So ner.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Signposting is an alien concept to Jack Monroe. It's strikingly absent from her usual tweets, which tell us a lot about her, but very little about anything else. Most people who consider themselves to be 'campaigners' or 'activists' have pinned tweets linking to food banks, charities, and other useful information. I've also seen Google docs circulating on Facebook that list a bunch of resources. Jack can barely come up with a single good tip.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Signposting is an alien concept to Jack Monroe. It's strikingly absent from her usual tweets, which tell us a lot about her, but very little about anything else. Most people who consider themselves to be 'campaigners' or 'activists' have pinned tweets linking to food banks, charities, and other useful information. I've also seen Google docs circulating on Facebook that list a bunch of resources. Jack can barely come up with a single good tip.
The only signposting shs does is to herself and she doe that badly.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The only signposting shs does is to herself and she doe that badly.
Ha, true. Nobody wants to be directed to your spicy Pringle lips, Jack.

Edit: was it even Pringles? Might have been another variety of crisp. I didn't care enough to pay attention. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
She’s given up the pretence hasn’t she? The CoL crisis is all over the media and she’s not been invited to speak anywhere.

All she can do is complain about trolls and post photos for the thirsty divorced dads

It's been WEEKS but I've finally caught up!

I had a baby 😊 and during the night feeds I decided to put on trash TV and started rewatching Desperate Housewives. Imagine my surprise to watch a Jackanory story come alive before my very eyes.

Susan Delfino, married to Mike and mother to MJ, had a house sale and what do you think was the major drama from the sale? Why it's the tale of the favourite toy being sold! 👀 In Susan's case it was an accidental sale but if course in Jack's world it was sold for mamapapa to buy jam!

At this stage I take it for granted that everything Jack says is a lie but it always makes me laugh when her lies are discovered (Botox forehead anyone?)

Anyway no doubt when I get a second to come back here there will be another 20 threads to catch up on you funny funny bastards 😬🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
She’s given up the pretence hasn’t she? The CoL crisis is all over the media and she’s not been invited to speak anywhere.

All she can do is complain about trolls and post photos for the thirsty divorced dads
I genuinely can not think of one Tweet or instance where she has actually provided people with useful advice and resources. Especially at the moment when things are so bleak.

How people can think Jack does any kind of campaigning or good is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I genuinely can not think of one Tweet or instance where she has actually provided people with useful advice and resources. Especially at the moment when things are so bleak.

How people can think Jack does any kind of campaigning or good is beyond me.
Quite so.

This Tweet sums her up. “Times are tough but let me talk about myself, my kettle, my house move, my multiple haircuts and Viennetta”

1BF64F6E-D51F-41D5-A515-559A4D7F7263.jpeg

Edit: Checking her timeline, ignoring retweets, replies and likes because they don’t count, the last Tweet she posted that could even vaguely be considered to be “campaigning” was nearly two months ago. And even that is an unoriginal tepid take, which told us nothing we don’t already know, that was probably copy and pasted from other people who have been making the point before her:

5D1C438A-D65A-4D74-9071-AF1FCEB90E42.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Sorry if this chaos has been mentioned previously but this thread moves at quite the pace

Anyone notice the difference on the new book covers the first image is the original cover that’s been circulating and the second image cover is the latest? Seems renowned food writer Jay Rayner no longer wants his name in the front cover with a quote of his

Also another grifting chaos where Jack and Bookshop Uk will donate a copy of the book for every copy bought from them to, yep you’ve guessed it the Trussell Trust

Just don’t forget to check the price of the book though from UK Bookshop compared to EVERY OTHER bookselling outlets

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I don’t know about everyone else, but the Iqbal bag shits story is the canal myth I would most love to be true. Sloppy Claus, if I’ve been a good boy, this is what I want for griftmas.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Hold up! This is 13 July 2022.

Wasn't Hunger Hurts 2 31 July 2022?

Surely a tattoo costs more than shower gel.

View attachment 1790179
I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
How can your wallet love something?

Also why is the assumption that your wallet loves you to save money with Jack’s horrible meals? Maybe your wallet actually enjoys you being spendy and buying loads of takeaways so it is nice and slim with no grubby coppers rattling around.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
If a certain number of books with Jay Rayners name on them go on sale, I imagine him scuttling round bookshops buying up the copies come publication day.

Concerning review endorsements, a couple of bloggers on twitter were thanking Jack/her publishers for being sent part of the book to review, not the whole thing, which is strange because the entire book is definitely printed by now. Her bookseller friend is giving them away.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.
She spent a decade eating SMART PRICE BEANS in order for her to afford those tattoos (and her Stetson(s), and Cotswold sideboards, and Viv (RIP) clothing and everything else she owns). I bet you want her to STOP BREATHING too.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.