Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if her piece where she assists four families with their shopping will ever appear? Her call for that was several weeks ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Quite so.

This Tweet sums her up. “Times are tough but let me talk about myself, my kettle, my house move, my multiple haircuts and Viennetta”

View attachment 1791106

Edit: Checking her timeline, ignoring retweets, replies and likes because they don’t count, the last Tweet she posted that could even vaguely be considered to be “campaigning” was nearly two months ago. And even that is an unoriginal tepid take, which told us nothing we don’t already know, that was probably copy and pasted from other people who have been making the point before her:

View attachment 1791118
And let's be honest, how does that Tweet even remotely help anyone?

She only Tweets to feed her ego, Patreon and Tip Jar.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.
I think it's 'cause it's one of those tropes that people just shut down by saying she got the tattoos when things were less bad. However I think with some scrutiny of the timeline I'm sure there will be ones that appeared when she was supposedly on the "bones of her arse."
A bit like discussion of her gender/trans phase - there is probably something in there to be criticised, but it requires nuance and is easily brushed aside as transphobia etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
And let's be honest, how does that Tweet even remotely help anyone?

She only Tweets to feed her ego, Patreon and Tip Jar.
Precisely. I am now softly gently painstakingly grunking back on her timeline to locate the last piece of practical advice (using the same criteria). I am on September 1st and still drawing a blank.

• Wow
100% this. For someone who the birdsite flying monkeys claim does “sooooo much” or any anus-licking awards circle-jerk praising her “tireless campaigning”, she really does do absolutely duck ALL. She sells books, that’s it.
Or possibly not!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Echoing what all the other frauen have already said, but it's laughable that she calls herself a campaigner and anti-poverty activist when, in the biggest cost of living crisis for a generation, all she's done for her 500k followers is emotionally manipulate them to line her own pockets, post endless selfies, spin tall tales and whine about trolls. She does SO MUCH GOOD!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I've always found it weird that more people don't question how much her tattoos cost and the fact she's supposed to be skint. Her palm sized ones will be a couple of hundred quid each at least and she has a lot of them. She'll have a couple of grands worth altogether I reckon, and I've noticed them increase over the years when she was supposedly penniless.
Yep. She even compared them to some women's designer handbag collection as in this is what I choose to spend my money on. I have a horrible arm splodge tat I'm quite self-conscious about that I've never been able to cover up cos most mums can't justify spending hundreds of pounds on themselves when it could go on the kids backs.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She had the tattoos done when she earned £22764 a DAY, which was immediately before she was POOR. And a FRIEND did them. And they’re an INVESTMENT, in case she’s ever so poor she has to BOIL SOAP and EAT LIGHTBULBS. Do you want her to STOP BREEDING?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Not a single like. 10 replies, all negative. I wonder if Carole is considering a career change?
0179BBA8-B6D8-4AD3-B861-0C0EB85509FE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Going slightly backwards re SB being ill, and her wording showing her up as lying. He was supposedly struggling to breath, it was nearly 1am and she was again supposedly in the bed with him, kept awake by how dreadfully unwell he was. She went on to say “if he’s still off school tomorrow, then I’ll call GP” if he’s struggling to breath and dreadfully unwell at 1am, there would be absolutely no question of him getting up in five hours time to go across the county for school. When my kids are unwell, I know full well if they’ll be in school the next day by about 7pm, as you can usually see the trajectory of an illness. Plus….Any of my kids were struggling to breath I’d be calling an ambulance. This is the hag that went to A&E during Covid with a fake black eye, but her child struggling to breathe gets bloody vaporub??

The way she treats her son will be my ultimate aneurysm.

The tricksy breadcrumbing of ‘cold and damp’ as well - she wants the Squigs to think it’s their living conditions, but if pulled up on it she can pivot to meaning the weather.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Frauen, I want to go back and read the earliest threads, to see how this all began (I started reading in late May 2022, just when the balance was about to tip!) and searching doesn't seem to make it straightforward to find thread number 1.

Could anyone helpful link me? Thankyou

Reactions: 20
On another shout out for Thrifty Kitchen someone has commented that 95% of food bank users know how to cook. This was an argument put forward by Jack on TV not long ago.

eta - the original tweet was not from an independent bookseller but from a recruitment agency that finds staff for publishing houses.

• Wow
View attachment 1790600
Luckily for you, in 2013 Jack took time out of her busy schedule of prosititution, stealing food to survive, getting and leaving a full time trainee reporter job with her local newspaper, covering the G8 summit for Oxfam, getting a book deal with a £25k advance, getting a weekly Guardian Column, a Fortnum’s award, a Sainsbury’s ad campaign and a whirlwind romance with a policewoman fiancée/ex-policewoman fiancée to complete it already, with a cutesy twee pic.

For the most part, it involves slippers, the simultaneous wearing and not washing of tights, leggings and jeans while just hanging them up “to air”, eating warm food and making a tent out of your bedclothes. You’re all most welcome for the timely reminder of BRRRRR Jack’s big windowed wooden floored tips so if so inclined, you can commence these groundbreaking/hygienic practices in your own homes this winter.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Frauen, I want to go back and read the earliest threads, to see how this all began (I started reading in late May 2022, just when the balance was about to tip!) and searching doesn't seem to make it straightforward to find thread number 1.

Could anyone helpful link me? Thankyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
View attachment 1790600
Luckily for you, in 2013 Jack took time out of her busy schedule of prosititution, stealing food to survive, getting and leaving a full time trainee reporter job with her local newspaper, covering the G8 summit for Oxfam, getting a book deal with a £25k advance, getting a weekly Guardian Column, a Fortnum’s award, a Sainsbury’s ad campaign and a whirlwind romance with a policewoman fiancée/ex-policewoman fiancée to complete it already, with a cutesy twee pic.

For the most part, it involves slippers, the simultaneous wearing and not washing of tights, leggings and jeans while just hanging them up “to air”, eating warm food and making a tent out of your bedclothes. You’re all most welcome for the timely reminder of BRRRRR Jack’s big windowed wooden floored tips so if so inclined, you can commence these groundbreaking/hygienic practices in your own homes this winter.
Behind so sorry if it’s been said - maybe this is bias from being a city frau but wood floors and big windows strike me as features of more expensive properties? Realistically most poorsTM will be living in high density urban housing where they’re more likely to have small windows with limits on how far they open or normal uPVC (or the retro precursor which was sort of metally?), maybe concrete floors in HA but more realistically carpet and Lino?

Like how has this spoilt brat been allowed to tell on herself for years and no one’s picked up on it?

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Precisely. I am now softly gently painstakingly grunking back on her timeline to locate the last piece of practical advice (using the same criteria). I am on September 1st and still drawing a blank.
Reached this from August 9th, nearly 4 months ago:

5847373C-2B96-4582-A07A-036327504058.jpeg

However, as the Tweet immediately below it in the thread contains a blatant lie boast, and the Tweet immediately preceding it was giving irresponsible and dangerous “advice”, I’m discounting it:

6FB30D8A-9E26-4D59-8D13-71BB109155E3.jpeg

261DC815-7F75-458A-8FCA-F6CBEEB3A47D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Going slightly backwards re SB being ill, and her wording showing her up as lying. He was supposedly struggling to breath, it was nearly 1am and she was again supposedly in the bed with him, kept awake by how dreadfully unwell he was. She went on to say “if he’s still off school tomorrow, then I’ll call GP” if he’s struggling to breath and dreadfully unwell at 1am, there would be absolutely no question of him getting up in five hours time to go across the county for school. When my kids are unwell, I know full well if they’ll be in school the next day by about 7pm, as you can usually see the trajectory of an illness. Plus….Any of my kids were struggling to breath I’d be calling an ambulance. This is the hag that went to A&E during Covid with a fake black eye, but her child struggling to breathe gets bloody vaporub??

The way she treats her son will be my ultimate aneurysm.

The tricksy breadcrumbing of ‘cold and damp’ as well - she wants the Squigs to think it’s their living conditions, but if pulled up on it she can pivot to meaning the weather.
If my kids arw unwell enough to be up past their bedtime then they will be off the next day. I dont keep them off for mere colds but if are up in the night in pain and or sick then its a sofa day.

• Heart
I think it's 'cause it's one of those tropes that people just shut down by saying she got the tattoos when things were less bad. However I think with some scrutiny of the timeline I'm sure there will be ones that appeared when she was supposedly on the "bones of her arse."
A bit like discussion of her gender/trans phase - there is probably something in there to be criticised, but it requires nuance and is easily brushed aside as transphobia etc.
When was it she was on the bones of her arse again? 2017?
She definitely got a few between her first book signing and then...

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.