Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we're still waiting for the remaining 23 reasons why Jack is completely honest guvnor.
I can just imagine her sitting down with her list of stinging zingers to put us twitter right and painstakingly going through them.
'right yes I'll definitely tweet that about me owning a toaster...ah no that one is actually true. Well this one saying my black eye was faked. Mm. OK. I know, the one about me saying I'd got a new kitten but was only looking after it...... ah duck it'.
I want her to deny shitting in bags to torment Iqbal.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
The troll thread is the most personally disappointing of all the things Jack has promised but not delivered. duck the granola*, I want 50 more tweets of Jack taking weird-angle selfies to disprove claims that Cooper is full Maine Coon.

* sorry @zetta buttons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Should have stuck to sizzlin sour cream pringles like Jack did...

Screenshot_20221207-224410_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Hold on, what's the date? Perhaps she's planning on treating us to a twelve days of Christmas style countdown. How exciting! 😀 🎶 Five engagement rings 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Dear @hooplifehero, I wonder if, when you have time, could you turn your attention to a rewriting of the Emily Bronte classic "Mithering Shite"

I think there is much scope for clawing and general tantrums.

It's meee, jackeeee

t. I. A

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Oooh, swiping this for my new book: Thrifty Warming, 100 Tips to not be coldy, ouchie and melancholy at winter.

You will have to keep your hair in the same style until publication.
BF8D3DA8-BDD0-4FE4-AE1F-6C846775FBE9.jpeg

Luckily for you, in 2013 Jack took time out of her busy schedule of prosititution, stealing food to survive, getting and leaving a full time trainee reporter job with her local newspaper, covering the G8 summit for Oxfam, getting a book deal with a £25k advance, getting a weekly Guardian Column, a Fortnum’s award, a Sainsbury’s ad campaign and a whirlwind romance with a policewoman fiancée/ex-policewoman fiancée to complete it already, with a cutesy twee pic.

For the most part, it involves slippers, the simultaneous wearing and not washing of tights, leggings and jeans while just hanging them up “to air”, eating warm food and making a tent out of your bedclothes. You’re all most welcome for the timely reminder of BRRRRR Jack’s big windowed wooden floored tips so if so inclined, you can commence these groundbreaking/hygienic practices in your own homes this winter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Frauen , please help me out. Last night Jack Monroe began a 24 tweet thread, but, as is fully understandable, she couldn't post all the tweets because her phone died and her son was ill, and Lord knows how complicated it is to send a tweet these days. Anyway, one tweet in the thread was successfully posted and she said she would post the rest this morning. It's really strange though, and I'm sure completely out of character, but I can't find the remaining 23 tweets on twitter. It's really odd because the thread was supposed to debunk all the accusations against Jack that have been circulating. Including, most notably, fraud. I'm disappointed, as I was looking forward to seeing Jack disprove these claims.

Go well x
I think her twitter LEFT!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
As a doctor in paediatric A&E who has just finished a shocker of a shift please don’t accuse us of “fobbing off” people if we make an educated diagnosis of a condition that’s not scarlet fever. Of course I’m not saying doctors can’t make mistakes (esp when overstretched)—the missed diagnoses in the news can keep me awake at night. And I agree parents know their children best so absolutely should be an advocate for them if they feel they are not getting the right care. But I would hope most if not all of us docs don’t just deny antibiotics for the fun of it but because there are also serious concerns with overprescribing them. It’s a difficult balance to navigate at the moment. Anyway now that’s off my chest I do hope for speedy recoveries for SB and all the rest!
Massive respect, doc, am mere ambo but it's pretty relentless across the board right now.

I was actually going to post about this, having read all of the concerns on these threads this evening, and suggest that people just don't wait if they're genuinely worried about the salient symptoms; get kid to GP or UCC with concise history of presentation, medications given and any measurements like fevers logged.

Is that advice you'd consider appropriate to keep them out of your A&E?

In addition to prevention of course but I think that goes without saying after Covid!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Cos arthritis goes away in the cold amirite?
Yep. Cold makes arthritis much better. That's why so many old folks flock to cold places like Arizona and Florida.

I have arthritis in my elbow due to a bad break and I can predict rain three days before it happens. My elbow never lies, unlike Jack and her snowy bunions.
No bunion hate, I have one but I don't post it on Social Media.
Changes in pressure--when a weather front is moving in--does affect osteoarthritis. But a warm house with a humidifier running because her son is sick shouldn't be a problem for our Jack. Unless she doesn't have arthritis and a crumply back, shoulder, neck, teeth and didn't read the fine print about changes in weather...

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Screenshot 2022-12-07 23.58.49.png

She's really just a punchline now. I cannot wait to see the almighty kicking Grifty Kitchen is going to get.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 150
No one post the pics but was it dec 2020 when she did the bare hobbit feet in the snow to show her arthritis for some random reason?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1790600
Luckily for you, in 2013 Jack took time out of her busy schedule of prosititution, stealing food to survive, getting and leaving a full time trainee reporter job with her local newspaper, covering the G8 summit for Oxfam, getting a book deal with a £25k advance, getting a weekly Guardian Column, a Fortnum’s award, a Sainsbury’s ad campaign and a whirlwind romance with a policewoman fiancée/ex-policewoman fiancée to complete it already, with a cutesy twee pic.

For the most part, it involves slippers, the simultaneous wearing and not washing of tights, leggings and jeans while just hanging them up “to air”, eating warm food and making a tent out of your bedclothes. You’re all most welcome for the timely reminder of BRRRRR Jack’s big windowed wooden floored tips so if so inclined, you can commence these groundbreaking/hygienic practices in your own homes this winter.
The scarf is Rocha.John Rocha- Debenhams. Recognised the colourway in an instant 😉

View attachment 1790660

She's really just a punchline now. I cannot wait to see the almighty kicking Grifty Kitchen is going to get.
I'm *almost* tempted to buy it, but I've seen it hawked for £18.99- for another pound and a penny, I could feed myself, a random labourer and active teen for a whole week 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I'm pretty new to Tattle and don't know who this Jack Monroe is, but having spent the last few days reading these threads I just wanted to say that you lot are bloody HILARIOUS. I've snorted whilst reading on several occasions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
The scarf is Rocha.John Rocha- Debenhams. Recognised the colourway in an instant 😉

I'm *almost* tempted to buy it, but I've seen it hawked for £18.99- for another pound and a penny, I could feed myself, a random labourer and active teen for a whole week 🤔
Andy Lynes has said he's going to buy a copy and review it, seeing as no one seems to want to give him a review copy. I cannot wait to read it, as for buying the book I SHAN'T be going further than doing look inside on Amazon and perhaps downloading the free book for sneering purposes.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
View attachment 1790600
Hang on, so she "wear the tights and the leggings for a few days... hang[ing] them up to air overnight to freshen them up", and yet "In the evenings, I keep the leggings and long sleeved top on under my pyjamas". Which is it, Jack? Which is it? Am I supposed to wear the leggings until they walk themselves to the laundry basket? When do I air them, as obviously due to Pov I only have one pair. What happens during the time the leggings are in the wash? Does Jack want me to literally FREEZE TO DEATH and thus STOP BREATHING? (Obviously you'll be able to tell I've stopped breathing as you won't see my breath in the cold air. Another handy time-saver, cheers Jack!)

Mind you, I've already wasted away to nothing waiting for her flipping porridge recipe...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.