Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a program on tonight called I’m an alcholic: inside recovery, that includes an AA meeting . I’m surprised that they didn’t ask Jack to present it , what with her being such a main character in all 3 ( or is it more?) meetings she runs/attends/eats chips in
Ironically, we’re sat watching this the pub.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
GIVE JACK A MINUTE, FFS.

View attachment 1790308
That was classic Jack. The letter clearly showed that they would only be paying the lower of (a) the planned cost of care or (b) their capped charge. Jack didn’t have the wrong end of the stick - she didn’t even have the right stick. Did she ever apologise or admit that she got this wrong? I don’t recall that she did.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
1FA93E48-E5AF-4AD9-A3ED-5D4EFF2D5BC0.jpeg

What??? Who are these people, sounds genuinely awful,

Thankful for celeb squad at times like these, hoping arrests will be made swiftly 🤞

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 83
View attachment 1790324
Much pov. So sad

Send Christmas cashos
She is sickening. Due to an abusive relationship
There has been a huge change in my finances recently and I am rationing gas (food the lot). However, I’m also selling off what I can (not my child’s toys) and am not rocking 1k in my ears.
This will be a short term thing.
Sorry not sure what my point is, it’s just so frustrating to see her posts like this when you know the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 104
View attachment 1790324
Much pov. So sad

Send Christmas cashos
I’ve slept in a bobble hat on school camping trips. Apart from the fact that you are trying to sleep in a tent in a field full of cowpats and children, lying down (particularly if you are on a roll mat in a damp sleeping bag) in a bobble hat is not comfy. The bobble tends to bash the pillow and rolls around your head so you can’t find a good place to lie. I suspect she doesn’t sleep in the bobble hat because she would have figured this out pretty quickly but that wouldn’t feed into the pov narrative.

If sleeping/existing is the most Jack can hope for when she is alone then I would advise her to get a fleecy hat without a bobble. Millets do Thinsulate ones. Not fancy. Not expensive. Nothing to look at, but does the job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I’ve slept in a bobble hat on school camping trips. Apart from the fact that you are trying to sleep in a tent in a field full of cowpats and children, lying down (particularly if you are on a roll mat in a damp sleeping bag) in a bobble hat is not comfy. The bobble tends to bash the pillow and rolls around your head so you can’t find a good place to lie. I suspect she doesn’t sleep in the bobble hat because she would have figured this out pretty quickly but that wouldn’t feed into the pov narrative.

If sleeping/existing is the most Jack can hope for when she is alone then I would advise her to get a fleecy hat without a bobble. Millets do Thinsulate ones. Not fancy. Not expensive. Nothing to look at, but does the job.
Oooh, swiping this for my new book: Thrifty Warming, 100 Tips to not be coldy, ouchie and melancholy at winter.

You will have to keep your hair in the same style until publication.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I have forehead wrinkles i have done since my teens its because i am constantly pissed off the with world.( jokes) i dont know why i have them. I just do and i dont care. I have very few crows feet and no other wrinkles and i am pushing 36.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Cos arthritis goes away in the cold amirite?
I have arthritis in my elbow due to a bad break and I can predict rain three days before it happens. My elbow never lies, unlike Jack and her snowy bunions.
No bunion hate, I have one but I don't post it on Social Media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

She has her burglar bill one x
Screenshot_20221207-134712.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
"20 years of gloriously technicolour homosexuality"

...apart from that time approx 13 years ago that you had a relationship with a man, resulting in you having a child together.

ETA: and the other 'city boy' you dated in 2013 where you whined about his posh mates allegedly looking down on you (can't remember which blog this was in).

bleeping idiot.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Not sure my beloved one?
If she did make a performative advent calendar I'm certain it would have contained a picture of one of her faces behind each door and a shiny penny piece on the big day.
I must have dreamed it then, tender one - losing what marbles I had left.😁😁😁😘

• Haha
Reactions: 15
"20 years of gloriously technicolour homosexuality"

...apart from that time approx 13 years ago that you had a relationship with a man, resulting in you having a child together.

bleeping idiot.
Mine isn’t technicolour at the moment.

It’s listening to Mrs Tunnel cough while watching the same hour of the Hobbit in bed before falling asleep.

She really thinks she should live in a film doesn’t she?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I don't want to terrify people, but please all be vigilant, especially as the media tend to "disinform" with their headlines
Strep A" is not a disease, it's groupA type streptococcus bacteria of which there are a couple of variants.
Scarlet fever is one disease caused by strep A - in rare cases these same bacteria invade internal tissues causing severe toxic shock type illness which is what is currently happening at a much higher rate than normal.
In a small % of cases, untreated scarlet fever can lead to rheumatic fever (post infection reaction/immune response) which can damage the heart, as happened to 2 of my family members in the 1950s outbreaks. Luckily antibiotics make this rare now so all the more reason not to let docs fob you off if you are seeing symptoms as listed on the 'webs

Big hugs to those fraus struggling with it atm
As a doctor in paediatric A&E who has just finished a shocker of a shift please don’t accuse us of “fobbing off” people if we make an educated diagnosis of a condition that’s not scarlet fever. Of course I’m not saying doctors can’t make mistakes (esp when overstretched)—the missed diagnoses in the news can keep me awake at night. And I agree parents know their children best so absolutely should be an advocate for them if they feel they are not getting the right care. But I would hope most if not all of us docs don’t just deny antibiotics for the fun of it but because there are also serious concerns with overprescribing them. It’s a difficult balance to navigate at the moment. Anyway now that’s off my chest I do hope for speedy recoveries for SB and all the rest!

• Heart
Reactions: 108
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.