Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2022-12-07 19.29.57.png

Frauen, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the ol' shitting dog offering to accompany Lee Anderson MP to his local foodbank. My recollection is he issued a general invitation to some of his critics, mainly MPs and no one took him up on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I read something interesting about the AA methods- especially the approaching people to make things right part is downright dangerous advice for women. But of course Jack ain't like the other girls anyway
You sound like you have some pretty big feelings about AA, but sticking to the steps as they’re written & communicated:

798F3375-7FEA-4FBC-A456-11EC14EF211C.jpeg

There are plenty of women’s meetings and it’s always been women for women and men for men.

I think it’s dangerous to share really inflammatory mistruths about a program that offers hope + recovery to many.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Slight merail. SB has the Scarlet Fever. It’s pretty rife here in the small school he attends. He was wiped out at the weekend with sore throat and general tiredness. We got an appointment for a face to face at the GP surgery on Monday morning. He’s on antibiotics and off school.
On topic, if SB is as poorly as she says surely he would have been seen by a GP or Nurse Practioner. I am beside myself it might turn to strep A. Jack though? Not arsed. I guess I’m just an over protective mother.
ETA @HotesTilaire I‘be just seen your post. Every families nightmare 😞
There are a couple of cases of Scarlet Fever at the preschool attached the my little ones nursery, so I've been jumping at the slightest cough. The nursery sent lists of symptoms to all parents and my GP sent a link and encouraged parents to make appointments, recognizing that in little ones it can be hard to distinguish. I'm almost certain if he was as bad as described the GP would've been on it with an appointment like you say. It's now being taken very seriously. Yes it probably means more kids seeing the GP with "just" a virus but that's better than the alternative of kids being turned away.

I'm more worried about this than I was about COVID tbh. Especially after Christmas when everyone will have been mixing and traveling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Feel like I've been a right acerbic crank on here today, apologies to the canal, you're my fave place to hangout an now I'll move on cos I'm not sad fishing like a smol pixie
Don't move on. I like acerbic and I like crank. They are a good combo--like chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzel nuggets.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1790038

Frauen, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the ol' shitting dog offering to accompany Lee Anderson MP to his local foodbank. My recollection is he issued a general invitation to some of his critics, mainly MPs and no one took him up on it.
Am hoping for a build up to a Lee Anderson x Jack Monroe Christmas special

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Am hoping for a build up to a Lee Anderson x Jack Monroe Christmas special
The flying monkeys are gradually beginning to notice him being on Twitter. This can only end in chaos. We just need him to confirm again that he's not heard from Jacks lawyers, the FMs to accuse him of lying and try and involve Jack and we'll be golden.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Sorry for causing a chaos tender one, as dear @Marmalade Atkins said, I was making a daft joke and it’s an accidentally upside down wonky AA ref key fob.

She got it after she was dumped, making a big song and dance about it because Old Harold apparently HATED her tattoos (as it seems did Louisa), so it was partially done out of SPITE to OWN them (and needless to say she had the last laugh).
View attachment 1789789Interesting that just like the people who “frequently” told her she’d “never amount to anything”, both her recent exes “frequently checked” she was “done with all that”

Also interesting that she’d been so blissfully happy with Old Harold and so very devastated that when HE LEFT he smashed her heart into minuscule pieces AND separately left her in a crater she was still banging on about at the end of July in Hungrier and Hurtier Solar Lit Soap Gunge, given that he was apparently such a big massive bigot tattoo and lesbian-clothes-hating homophobe.
View attachment 1789807
Sigh. What I wouldn't give for Old Harold to come here and set the record straight. No pun intended. The canal want answers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The flying monkeys are gradually beginning to notice him being on Twitter. This can only end in chaos. We just need him to confirm again that he's not heard from Jacks lawyers, the FMs to accuse him of lying and try and involve Jack and we'll be golden.
A few FMs are QT’ing or replying and tagging Jack in, in “Jack! Pick me! JACK!” style. There’s no way that she’s unaware of his earlier Tweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
A few FMs are QT’ing or replying and tagging Jack in, in “Jack! Pick me! JACK!” style. There’s no way that she’s unaware of his earlier Tweet.
We should be on track for a pompous "my lawyers have advised me not to comment further at this stage" at some point or she might pretend she hasn't noticed until Friday night and accuse LA of taking advantage of Shabbat.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
It would be a stunning turn of events if Lee Anderson sued Jack for deformation of character

• Haha
Reactions: 65
This is so unfair. None of the three doctors who discharged me from hospital a month ago told me I had carte blanche to be a massive flaming ballbag on social media. I'm going to make up for it right away by calling Jack a bleep with a tragic haircut 🥰
I’m assuming you have all three on speed dial so you can call them and ask? And thank them for the hula hoop they gifted you on discharge too, of course.

(I do hope you’re feeling better & haven’t suffered side effects such as sudden desire to cut your own hair with impractically small scissors xxx)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It would be a stunning turn of events if Lee Anderson sued Jack for deformation of character
It would be the funniest thing that ever happened and about the only circumstance I can imagine supporting him in anything. #GetTheCotswoldsLee

• Haha
Reactions: 41
We’ve moved on, I acknowledge this.
However, this morning, I pushed my hair/head as far forward as I could. I also raised my eyebrows as much as I could.

This is the result. I am 42 💅🏼
E687D696-3223-460C-A8C9-C41AEAA7BDAE.jpeg

Also, I’d quite like to know what happened to that lady friend of Jack’s who had a 600% increase in her care costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Jack is apparently spending a good part of her 100-hour work week by going blockity-block-block-block on Twitter accounts that have the audacity to like Tweets that criticize her....yet every single one of her Tweets is publicly visible to anyone, by Googling "Jack Monroe Twitter". How's that blocking workng out for you, Jack? 🖕

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Not sure if it's been mentioned here already so hopefully not repeating anyone but excellent episode on inflation by BBC Sounds as part of a series on the economy and how it works. Some reference to our heroine's point on lower income hoiseholfs without mentioning her but all considered as part of a approach towards the economy and statistics in general because OF COURSE and the whole thing is basically reiterating that the VBI is a massive waste of time https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001dwr0?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Reactions: 21
Howdy, popping out of lurkdom just to throw my tuppence in about possible Jack socks. I, like May others, was once taken in by Jack and I'd left a supportive post under one of her poverty blog fictions. It being the Internet, I used a nom de plume (cough).

I was a bit freaked out to see the same name pop up on the hellsite as a possible Jack 🧦. I did fall down a bit of a rabbit hole. I think Jackie operates a good few sock accounts, garnering followers using FBPE. I think this is what she classes as part of her 'activism'.

Fannying about on my mobile, I don't have forensic receipts but I think the Frauen should trust their gut instinct. I honestly think there's a lot more going on than we know....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.