Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hold up! This is 13 July 2022.

Wasn't Hunger Hurts 2 31 July 2022?

Surely a tattoo costs more than shower gel.

631AEE19-515A-4859-B6E9-C2F772649618.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Perhaps she got the tattoo from a friendly Turkish man who didn't overcharge her or chat too much or serve her cups of hairy tea....

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Update: Despite finding time to Tweet a few Tweets, and like a few others, Martin Lewis still hasn’t interacted with Jack’s “congrats PAL”.

One of his likes is a Tweet by Jeremy Hunt. Jack will be FEWMIN’. WARNED.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Jack is apparently spending a good part of her 100-hour work week by going blockity-block-block-block on Twitter accounts that have the audacity to like Tweets that criticize her....yet every single one of her Tweets is publicly visible to anyone, by Googling "Jack Monroe Twitter". How's that blocking workng out for you, Jack? 🖕
Just for any of the newer frauen who might not be aware you can follow the wacky adventures of Jack via Nitter if you're blocked or don't use Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
You sound like you have some pretty big feelings about AA, but sticking to the steps as they’re written & communicated:

View attachment 1790040

There are plenty of women’s meetings and it’s always been women for women and men for men.

I think it’s dangerous to share really inflammatory mistruths about a program that offers hope + recovery to many.
Im sure its been a life saver to many. I certainly own being inflammatory there but its not a mistruth. Book i was thinking of is called The Sober Truth by Lance Dodes. He's a Harvard professor and puts AA success at between 5 and 8 percent. There's lots of articles critical of AA methods which were developed in the 1930s for a very different society. And lots specifically about the methods being problematic for women. Not an assertion unique to me. But I apologise for sounding like a soapbox dismissive twit there x

• Heart
Reactions: 52
wild two weeks in between getting tattoos and being in the devastating depths of poverty to the point she has to beg for money...
Didn't you know? That's the freelance life. Two weeks after I'm paid you'll often find me rooting through the bins

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I honestly hope that kid, when he's old enough, joins one of the armed forces or something, or gets himself into university and makes a good, independent life away from her. The way she talks about mollycoddling him makes me think she's trying to stifle him from growing up, for her own selfish reasons

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
ERM... WTF GUYS!

i had more chaos at work today from 7.30 till 4.30 than here.
I've been asleep the last 7 hours and had more chaos than Jack has managed to produce.

I knew she was never going to follow up on posting the rest of that thread. It's Jack, so of course she wasn't. Why do I still feel disappointed?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I honestly hope that kid, when he's old enough, joins one of the armed forces or something, or gets himself into university and makes a good, independent life away from her. The way she talks about mollycoddling him makes me think she's trying to stifle him from growing up, for her own selfish reasons
And changes his name to Sheridan.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
To be fair, it doesn't look like an expensive tattoo.
To also be fair, none of them do. As the saying goes, good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good.

Hers all look like they've been done with a six inch nail by a blind cobbler (apologies to any cobblers, blind or otherwise on here)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I don't want to terrify people, but please all be vigilant, especially as the media tend to "disinform" with their headlines
Strep A" is not a disease, it's groupA type streptococcus bacteria of which there are a couple of variants.
Scarlet fever is one disease caused by strep A - in rare cases these same bacteria invade internal tissues causing severe toxic shock type illness which is what is currently happening at a much higher rate than normal.
In a small % of cases, untreated scarlet fever can lead to rheumatic fever (post infection reaction/immune response) which can damage the heart, as happened to 2 of my family members in the 1950s outbreaks. Luckily antibiotics make this rare now so all the more reason not to let docs fob you off if you are seeing symptoms as listed on the 'webs

Big hugs to those fraus struggling with it atm

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.