Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
I have no idea about these things but what happens if sales don't cover the advance that's long been spent? Does she have to pay the difference back?
I don't think so.

However, as I understand it, a portion of the advance is paid out only when the book is actually released... so if it's withdrawn before that point, then the author wouldn't get the full advance.

But that only really covers situations such as it being discovered that the author had plagiarised the manuscript - I don't think Jack has cancelled herself badly enough to make the book unreleasable at this point.

Reactions: 22
Hahaha, imagine not knowing that pineapples don't grow on trees.

I am FLABBERGASTED.

Wasn't there also some kind of rank-looking crab soufflé/fritatta hybrid?
I only found out about the growing habits of pineapples because I saw them in the wild (a massive field in Florida, sister and I got lost *following the satnav*). Always thought they grew on trees or something...😳

binkbonk

How can anyone find this wet American shit comforting or profund? Its offensive. Thank god everyone who's ever pushed society and human rights forward didn't believe such navel-gazing apologism.
It's similar to radical acceptance in DBT which is a very difficult but useful process. I try to use it for my climate anxiety.

• Heart

Snotbuster

VIP Member
[/QUOTE]
Because I didn't see it before the last thread closed - @Snotbuster, fear not dear heart, for once Jack is not bogarting y'all's lingo with her use of scoff:
And they say Tattle has no redeeming social value. Really though, it's a constant source of edification and enlightenment. She still got chilled wrong and I will go to them mat over that. And she has stuffed another pair of expensive earrings into her one hole. Tiffany's "cheap" line at $575 per pair. For those label conscious types.

Attachments

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
Oh my god that's a blast from the past. My Dad had hundreds of them in an envelope....and Esso stamps. No idea what he did with them...I'm an 80s born Frau and they were gone by the time I was old enough to take note.
My grandad used to collect them. We got all sorts… I remember my first TV in my bedroom coming from green shield stamps when I was about 8! And a doll’s pram. Ah, those were the days.

• Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
View attachment 1790600
Luckily for you, in 2013 Jack took time out of her busy schedule of prosititution, stealing food to survive, getting and leaving a full time trainee reporter job with her local newspaper, covering the G8 summit for Oxfam, getting a book deal with a £25k advance, getting a weekly Guardian Column, a Fortnum’s award, a Sainsbury’s ad campaign and a whirlwind romance with a policewoman fiancée/ex-policewoman fiancée to complete it already, with a cutesy twee pic.

For the most part, it involves slippers, the simultaneous wearing and not washing of tights, leggings and jeans while just hanging them up “to air”, eating warm food and making a tent out of your bedclothes. You’re all most welcome for the timely reminder of BRRRRR Jack’s big windowed wooden floored tips so if so inclined, you can commence these groundbreaking/hygienic practices in your own homes this winter.

• Haha

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I keep thinking about her agent. At ehat point foes the hassle & reputational damage outweigh the 15% or whatever thst they make off her? I genuinely can't see what value Jack Monroe brings to that relationship 🤷‍♀️
Yes because she's hardly going to be coining it right now, so 15pc of practically nothing is surely not worth the aggro.

Reactions: 21

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Still grunking but a few thoughts leap out: threads don't disappear, it'd be in your drafts you lying toad. Still breadcrumbing severe povs, like kid is struggling to breathe cos of damp. It is not appropriate to be in bed with your 12 yr old boy im sorry. She doesn't say sat next to him, or pulled up in separate bed she says in the bed. Fuck off you weird space invader. No one goes on about botox, we do however say you've had filler thats migrated which would partly explain the honking great big trunk of a snozz. Address that Alf. View attachment 1789374

Edit. Am sure some disagree re the bed thing, I just personally find it an uncomfortable and inappropriate thing for the opposite sex parent to do. Thats a developing young man.
Thumbelina Peapod, always inappropriate

• Heart

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
And a little more vintage Jack for Christmas. She was apparently on the One Show for Xmas 2013 making a Mumsnet chicken that serves eight. Plus the bollock sausages instead of pigs in blankets (which then reappeared in the Express as if they were some genius idea).

• Haha
  • Sick

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
swap for the fish necklace?
Deal, if only I hadn't chucked the matching earrings I used to wear as an extremely cool tween Goth though! Maybe I'll just take a leaf out of Jack's book and craft some to help procrastinate on anything actually important, whilst saving that tasty tasty fishy oil for... reasons that I believe have yet to be disclosed.

• Haha

Hold my beans

VIP Member
I don't think so.

However, as I understand it, a portion of the advance is paid out only when the book is actually released... so if it's withdrawn before that point, then the author wouldn't get the full advance.

But that only really covers situations such as it being discovered that the author had plagiarised the manuscript - I don't think Jack has cancelled herself badly enough to make the book unreleasable at this point.
Ah, I see! She'll need to get her Mediterranean arse out there promoting it soon then.

• Haha