Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suddenly feeling very grateful that my Old Harold turns round and sticks his arse out the duvet if he's gotta fart while I jetpack. What a gent.
Mine is not allowed to fart in the bedroom at all. If I hear so much as a hoot or a fizz from his nether regions, he is exiled to the spare room for the whole night.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I honestly think she counts eating in bed like a greedy goblin as work on account of her vast ego convincing her this information is useful to the public.

That said, if Jack were to send just one teeny tiny tweet about being in bed with a pan of slop, I'd dance a jig.
Imagine thinking that scoffing anchoïade-egg-horrors in bed is working. Mind you, I’d far rather go to actual work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Sorry no idea where this is going to land (and it’s only really “Jack-adjacent”) but I just came home from a 12hr shift to find my boyfriend taking his jeans out of the oven. This morning I told him his freshly washed jeans wouldn’t dry in time for tonight when he wanted to wear them without putting heating on. He refused as we only have electric and he thought it was a waste of money. Of course I was right so he came up with the idea to stick them in the oven after he finished cooking his dinner. Annoyingly it has helped make them wearable. I’m not sure if he’s a genius or an idiot, or if I’m attracted or repulsed. Either way thought Jack might like the tip for Grifty Kitchen Part II.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 130
You'd think she'd know that there are only 168 hours in a week as she's so FORENSIC. If she works 100 hrs a week and sleeps an average of 7 hrs a night then she's only got about 2.5 hours a day to do EVERYTHING else: walking 20,000 steps (including walking the dog), do the school run, do a four hour stock take and performative weekly shop, go to 10 fellowship meetings a week, go to the dog grooming cafe, cook, clean, wash, eat, and spend hours on Twitter. How does she do it?? Really makes u think
I think she goes back in time

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I stay mad that this happened. She was desperate to get connected to his coat tails and some idiots let it happen!
Me too, tender one. It's my aneurysm. She's not fit to be in the same room as the person who ties his shoelaces. To think she actually dared to tell him a pack of lies about her "backstory" when he and his family did rely on food banks!!??!! The brass neck of this privileged twit to even dream of putting herself on a par with him. I remain grateful that he kicked her unceremoniously to the kerb as soon as he could.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Sorry no idea where this is going to land (and it’s only really “Jack-adjacent”) but I just came home from a 12hr shift to find my boyfriend taking his jeans out of the oven. This morning I told him his freshly washed jeans wouldn’t dry in time for tonight when he wanted to wear them without putting heating on. He refused as we only have electric and he thought it was a waste of money. Of course I was right so he came up with the idea to stick them in the oven after he finished cooking his dinner. Annoyingly it has helped make them wearable. I’m not sure if he’s a genius or an idiot, or if I’m attracted or repulsed. Either way thought Jack might like the tip for Grifty Kitchen Part II.
Ooh, we should all give tips for Jack’s free ebook that she probably hasn’t yet written. My old Harold had a stale doughnut he wanted to eat when we lived in a rental with a very fussy, interior designer landlady. He decided to microwave it, bit it & liquid jam shot out like molten lava, burning him & squirting all over the curtains & pristine carpet.
You’re welcome Jack. Both thrifty & warming.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
You'd think she'd know that there are only 168 hours in a week as she's so FORENSIC. If she works 100 hrs a week and sleeps an average of 7 hrs a night then she's only got about 2.5 hours a day to do EVERYTHING else: walking 20,000 steps (including walking the dog), do the school run, do a four hour stock take and performative weekly shop, go to 10 fellowship meetings a week, go to the dog grooming cafe, cook, clean, wash, eat, and spend hours on Twitter. How does she do it?? Really makes u think
6 hours 48 minutes per day free from work 🤣

OT a whole listicle of “Susan, it’s an aubergine recipe”
hoping to find smol pixie on it, but think it’s unlikely

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If you’re quick, you might make final, final, final, final, final, final, final, final, final, final, final edits. (In Jack’s head, I think this is done about three months after going to print)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Yeah we used to do this back in the day. It does require a nice clean oven though, so Jack could never. Clothes out of the oven, iron your hair, Brookside omnibus, chippy tea then big night out. Classic Saturday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
A university friend of mine used to microwave his pants to dry them. They occasionally caught fire.

Jack's pants must always be on fire, though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Can I just inform you dear heart that if you as the smaller spoon were to lie behind your larger spoon it is called jet packing. Now dont tell me this thread isn't filling the niche emptied by OU programming no longer shown.
Saved me an awkward conversation with IT about stuff googled in the bar after work

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My sympathies @Notmycat , can't be easy for you with that condition. I get terrible wind when flying (in a plane, obvs) to the extent where adjacent passengers have literally moved seats to get away from me, the violence of the explosions and the stench literally makes me heave so I don't blame strangers for moving out of harm's way. I only found out recently that I have an actual little known condition, called HAFE (high altitude flatus expulsion), who knew it was an actual thing? I was quite chuffed to find out that it is a recognised ailment 🤣
Apparently, flight attendants suffering from HAFE take the opportunity to fart whilst pretending to check passengers seat belts and overhead lockers, thereby avoiding gassing their colleagues in the small cabin crew areas at each end of the plane.
Every day's a school day eh? 😃🤣
Ohhh is that a thing I always fart on planes. I mean actually I fart everywhere as I am a gaseous being but definitely notice it on planes. Fogging is all that goes on in our bed 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Hermiones time twister thingy

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@DinosaurSenior I often fog my partner (never knew there was a name for it) is he is lying behind me as the big spoon, with me as the smaller spoon. It means farting on his bits, I also often stink the place out so much I have to get out of bed to open the window.

Im not fancy, I fart a lot but its better than the other option of trapped wind. The pain
And that sort of thing is why Mrs Everytown and I have separate bedrooms...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
6 hours 48 minutes per day free from work 🤣

OT a whole listicle of “Susan, it’s an aubergine recipe”
hoping to find smol pixie on it, but think it’s unlikely
Those recipe comments are hilarious! :ROFLMAO: But not as hilarious as the fogging/dogging mixup followed by all the farting comments (and new knowledge gained!)! :LOL::LOL::LOL: By 'eck, I do love you mithering ninnies, you're all SO funny!😁 Properly cheered up I am!

#jackmonroeisstilladick

• Haha
Reactions: 34
You can make grilled cheese sandwiches by wrapping them in tinfoil and ironing the tinfoil package with a hot iron.

If you have long hair, you can get it super-straight by draping it over an ironing board, putting a sheet or towel on top of it, and ironing the sheet or towel. OH&S warning: this works best with someone else doing the ironing, so that you don't end up sticking your neck or ear with the iron.

Roll on, Grifty Kitchen II. Send royalty cashos ASAP.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.