Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given the results of the Slopalong, and given how lazy and unprofessional she is, I actually think she just cobbles together bits of recipes she’s found on the internet, adds her own “twist” (🤢), which is usually some ingredient that shouldn’t be there, and DOESN’T EVEN COOK IT HERSELF. It’s the only explanation as to how her recipes are so poor IMO.
Yes, I used to think the recipes were things she'd cooked herself but I suspect the ones she shares pictures of are the only ones that get made and even that is only once.

Reactions: 39
Re the disappearing hats/kippahs: I think it was a mistake. Hannukah started on 28 November last year, but this year it’s in December. So I assume they’d forgotten to update it so we got last year’s hats.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
As I think we can all see, Jack has exactly the opposite of “crushingly low self esteem”. She thinks she’s amazing at everything she turns her hand to (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) - cooking, writing, singing (😬), etc. Plus the endless selfies. Especially the ones where she’s trying to be “sexy”. I’ve never seen someone so completely self-obsessed, she couldn’t hold herself in higher esteem.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Still catching up but having seen the chores list, I agree with the rest of the canal regarding it's cruelty and humiliation. It is mostly definitely performative in terms of the 'system' she has created, she loves a hand written system. She is all about procrastination instead of actual work. She is also exhibiting her power over her son with the nasty comments. I think she probably thought they were funny comments in a 'kids, who'd have em' sort of way. But it also displays how unusual she finds normal messes (including toilet messes, especially in an autistic child) and this further reveals that she is not a very involved parent.

I will add that having had a narc parent, I can see many similarities to Jack. It's disturbing and triggering at times. My siblings and I were expected to do a lot of housework and if it wasn't done by a certain time, there would be trouble. As an adult, mess stresses me and I still have an anxiety about it because of that. I know that is not normal and my experience has shown me how not to parent. I never ever make my children work like that. My eldest two do some chores within their capabilities for pocket money. My youngest is fully disabled and not capable of anything like that. Toys on the floor is such a normal part of childhood or it should be. As for following SB, I could believe that too because we were followed, had our mail opened and read and phone calls listened in on via the extension. There was more surveillance and control than that. We were forever regulating our behavior and masking, acting the way we were expected to. It's impossible to relax but also impossible to hide from people outside the home. I have no doubt Jack behaves in a similar way based on her comments. And someone will have acted, be it a teacher or a family member. She moans about CPS a lot, it's projection, my narc did the same. There is no doubt she has restricted and supervised access. We only see what Jack shares (because she can't help herself), unfortunately I think things are a lot messier behind the scenes, underneath her public persona. This is partly why she has to control the narrative, a narc's reputation is very important to them and they want everyone to believe they are the best, funniest, most loving etc etc.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97
As I think we can all see, Jack has exactly the opposite of “crushingly low self esteem”. She thinks she’s amazing at everything she turns her hand to (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) - cooking, writing, singing (😬), etc. Plus the endless selfies. Especially the ones where she’s trying to be “sexy”. I’ve never seen someone so completely self-obsessed, she couldn’t hold herself in higher esteem.
Anyone who thinks for one moment that she has low self esteem should rewatch this year's Edinburgh book festival interview, where she went on about how she has a side hustle doing Masterchef-worthy private catering just to remind herself that she was the best cook ever, and how Chris Giles owed her an apology, because she was right all along. Amongst other things.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Anyone who thinks for one moment that she has low self esteem should rewatch this year's Edinburgh book festival interview, where she went on about how she has a side hustle doing Masterchef-worthy private catering just to remind herself that she was the best cook ever, and how Chris Giles owed her an apology, because she was right all along. Amongst other things.

What a snowstorm that was. I think I might go back and 🍾 🦉 at the Edinburgh thread whilst we're quiet.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Tbf about 50 of those 200 threads were during and immediately following Georgia Church Suppers.

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I have just come to bed after clearing my room earlier to find a book on animals( not mine) and an iron man toy( also not mine) on my side of the bed. Pfft!
I frequently find lego in my wellies 🤣

Once, my kids were playing with their wooden train set and they had set it up at the top of the stairs unbeknownst to me. I was carrying a laundry basket and my chunky Nordic arse up the stairs and was a wee bit out of breath when the sight of toys met me. I initially thought 'that's a bit dangerous and inconvenient' and then I smiled because I realised what it really means, there are children in the house and they are playing. And I'm extraordinarily lucky to have that because there are people out there who don't for various reasons. Those same people would give everything and more to have a lovely wee boy like SB, someone Jack takes for granted 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Screenshot 2022-11-28 10.04.24.png

Some arse has tweeted this screenshot in a boring argument they're having about the Labour party. It's vintage Jack! You can't attack me for standing for election because I was having a mental breakdown. Who hasn't sat in their GPs office and had to list "I keep standing for election" as one of their symptoms.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Oh and I am Mama if they talk to me in Swedish but Mum or Mummy depending on the age of the child addressing me if we are speaking English. My youngest can't speak but I occasionally get a babbled Mama or Mummy which makes me 🥰 Jack is lying. She will have seen her posho pals being addressed as Ma-mah and she wants that too. SB probably calls her the old bag behind her back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Still catching up but having seen the chores list, I agree with the rest of the canal regarding it's cruelty and humiliation. It is mostly definitely performative in terms of the 'system' she has created, she loves a hand written system. She is all about procrastination instead of actual work. She is also exhibiting her power over her son with the nasty comments. I think she probably thought they were funny comments in a 'kids, who'd have em' sort of way. But it also displays how unusual she finds normal messes (including toilet messes, especially in an autistic child) and this further reveals that she is not a very involved parent.

I will add that having had a narc parent, I can see many similarities to Jack. It's disturbing and triggering at times. My siblings and I were expected to do a lot of housework and if it wasn't done by a certain time, there would be trouble. As an adult, mess stresses me and I still have an anxiety about it because of that. I know that is not normal and my experience has shown me how not to parent. I never ever make my children work like that. My eldest two do some chores within their capabilities for pocket money. My youngest is fully disabled and not capable of anything like that. Toys on the floor is such a normal part of childhood or it should be. As for following SB, I could believe that too because we were followed, had our mail opened and read and phone calls listened in on via the extension. There was more surveillance and control than that. We were forever regulating our behavior and masking, acting the way we were expected to. It's impossible to relax but also impossible to hide from people outside the home. I have no doubt Jack behaves in a similar way based on her comments. And someone will have acted, be it a teacher or a family member. She moans about CPS a lot, it's projection, my narc did the same. There is no doubt she has restricted and supervised access. We only see what Jack shares (because she can't help herself), unfortunately I think things are a lot messier behind the scenes, underneath her public persona. This is partly why she has to control the narrative, a narc's reputation is very important to them and they want everyone to believe they are the best, funniest, most loving etc etc.
Babe, same x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SB never seems to have friends round, does he. That’ll be the slop, I suppose. It’s one thing enduring it from your mother but you wouldn’t want to subject your friends to it.

Reactions: 30
View attachment 1766067

Some arse has tweeted this screenshot in a boring argument they're having about the Labour party. It's vintage Jack! You can't attack me for standing for election because I was having a mental breakdown. Who hasn't sat in their GPs office and had to list "I keep standing for election" as one of their symptoms.
Every single time she gets blowback for doing something cringey or dodgy she trots out the I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A MENTAL BREAKDOWN excuse. Jack, it's not a mental breakdown it's entirely your character..

SB never seems to have friends round, does he. That’ll be the slop, I suppose. It’s one thing enduring it from your mother but you wouldn’t want to subject your friends to it.
It's because his friends all live near where he lives, I expect. Which is miles away from Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Japan has many many shows that basically just involve presenters or minor celebrities trying food and then they have to grin like chimpanzees and enthusiastically say “delicious!” Imagine them having to struggle through plates of slop …
I think that's a great idea for a show. Let's get all the ensblers of Jack to taste test her slop on live TV. Gordon and Jamie can present it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.