Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long ago was it she posted the performative picture of her kitchen table covered in all the patreon rewards she was planning to catch up on?

Obviously I already know the answer to this, but has anything actually been sent?
It’s a thing she likes to do every second November after ignoring her backers for years, Geets.
0371E85E-1829-462E-80F5-459C69484A39.jpeg

Look out for your next Patreon rewards performative pic some time in November 2024. (Rewards may or may not be actually sent, please enjoy the picture, see you in 2026 for the next one. Love, Jack X)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Midnight hats tattle? Were they practise hats? Did you have your very own hat chaos?

I’m getting a bit bored now. Does a more venerable Frau remember how to do the Sloppies? I’m happy to take on the mantle as I believe it was an absent Frau who used to do them? I think we deserve an award ceremony for all our long suffering mithering….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
All the hustle of writing
JACK MONROE ADHD RA ASD

when

JACK MONROE C U N T

Would be sufficient.
It’s a thing she likes to do every second November after ignoring her backers for years, Geets.
View attachment 1765915
Look out for your next Patreon rewards performative pic some time in November 2024. (Rewards may or may not be actually sent, please enjoy the picture, see you in 2026 for the next one. Love, Jack X)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Her writing is so bad, but particularly considering her alleged audience. Many people living in poverty have low literacy levels. Her recipes are also completely inaccessible to most non-native English speakers (maybe a good thing as British food has a bad reputation already and doesn't need her help).

Her recipe writing also got significantly worse over the years. Often it reads like the online diary of someone whose only friends are their fellow Livejournallers.
I used to think that but they I worried I was being elitist or some nonsense, but no you are right. If I struggle to follow her recipes what chance do people with lower literacy levels than me have?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her writing is so bad, but particularly considering her alleged audience. Many people living in poverty have low literacy levels. Her recipes are also completely inaccessible to most non-native English speakers (maybe a good thing as British food has a bad reputation already and doesn't need her help).

Her recipe writing also got significantly worse over the years. Often it reads like the online diary of someone whose only friends are their fellow Livejournallers.
Remember the recipe for soy sauce eggs where she added the soy to the water she was boiling her eggs in, as though the soy would infuse through the shells? She is so thick.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Oh tit! What is she goes huge in Asia as a novelty act! Like those crazy Japanese challenges TV game shows 😬
Japan has many many shows that basically just involve presenters or minor celebrities trying food and then they have to grin like chimpanzees and enthusiastically say “delicious!” Imagine them having to struggle through plates of slop …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I really think Jack's marketing folks have missed a trick here. They absolutely should have gone with "It's beginning to look a lot like Griftmas" when launching her new book!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I’m sorry, what?? 200 threads IN A YEAR??
100 new threads since thread 334 started on July 3rd, dear heart.

So 100 threads in LESS THAN 4 MONTHS!

No wonder we all feel a bit…
3A42991C-BB89-480D-B7CD-6ABD9A0FA451.gif
ETA: What a BANGER of a thread title it was too
33DDB477-8DA3-4D8D-8820-153BF78D6981.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Crushed.

I was so proud of myself this morning when I got up early to make my own lunch and now I read it’s ubiquitous.
Well it isn’t. No one else in the office has one.
Recipe to follow.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
🚨2022 THREAD COUNT UPDATE 🚨

Thread 236 was the first brand new thread of this year; it started on Jan 1 2022. That is 198 new threads so far this year.

In 2021 in the full year: 106 threads.

Jack’s threads started on NYD 2020, in 2020 125 new threads

SO we only need another 14 threads before the year is out to double the total from 2020.

We need another 33 to equal the past two years’ total combined. We are slowing down from the height of summer chaos, so if we want to do this, we need Jack to come back and do a full on chaos. I don’t really want that as between you and me, if I’m being really honest, I find her a little bit annoying. So I’m ok with letting that one go.

Also, mods, CAN WE PLEASE HAVE HATTOS FOR THREAD 436 to celebrate the creation of the TWO HUNDREDTH NEW THREAD OF 2022?!🎆 🎉 🎊 🎩 🧢 👒 🎊 🎉 🎆

*(If we don’t, can we try a DIY version where just for that one thread everyone tries to find a pic of their avi ~or another avi~ in a hat?!) Alternative suggestion: everyone comes as their favourite slop or Jack pic.
I’m already good to go for Christmas, with my avi 🤶🏼 💋

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Jack relies on her unnecessary over use of descriptive words having the same affect on The Povs as her useless recipes. If the words aren't understood/recipes don't work people blame themselves rather than her. I write academic publications (not as fancy as it sounds) 🔺️🔺️🔺️ and if any of my sentences were as long as hers it would get thrown back at me with a lot of shouty comments! If u get to the end of the sentence and can't remember the beginning, it's not necessarily your fault, the writer has an obligation to write for the reader else it's useless.

ETA: it's one of the first things that really annoyed me about her, turns out there was so much worse!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’m already good to go for Christmas, with my avi 🤶🏼 💋
In an example of yet another thing he’s STOLEN from her. @MistyWindows avi wears it better
8D85E0C8-3D8C-47AD-A786-8BB249FC1F0A.jpeg

360C2421-6F90-4046-83BF-9464CAC746C6.jpeg
Seriously, that pic of her is SO BAD. It looks like it came from a decades old contacts magazine of the type that that bigger boys used to find in dumped in bushes or down by the river when I was growing up. It’s about as alluring as the thought of pooping your pants in public.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Seriously, that pic of her is SO BAD. It looks like it came from a decades old contacts magazine of the type that that bigger boys used to find in dumped in bushes or down by the river when I was growing up.
Yes, it's very 'Reader's Wives : Christmas Edition'.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 09.16.01.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
Thing is, she doesn’t seem to steal many recipes because most online recipes actually work…maybe she just closes her eyes and points at the page and deletes whatever ingredient it’s on to make it cheaper/slop…
Given the results of the Slopalong, and given how lazy and unprofessional she is, I actually think she just cobbles together bits of recipes she’s found on the internet, adds her own “twist” (🤢), which is usually some ingredient that shouldn’t be there, and DOESN’T EVEN COOK IT HERSELF. It’s the only explanation as to how her recipes are so poor IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I have just come to bed after clearing my room earlier to find a book on animals( not mine) and an iron man toy( also not mine) on my side of the bed. Pfft!
I had to kick out a Zog the dragon, Elmo and a Sonic from my bed 😂

I put batteries in talking Elmo for the first time in ages this week, little man (age 5) was a bit unsure of him come bedtime and put him in my room. I asked him why he'd put Elmo in there, and he replied very seriously - "for science". 😂

I was awake last night and saw the hats, but now they have gone, I presume they were premature hats or something? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.