Jack Monroe #433 Let them eat copies of Thrifty Kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the way the list is all “in the CORRECT place” and “do it neatly” well that’s all rather subjective, isn’t it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
O! @MancBee if this is true I will be your forever friend. I sometimes feel so alone in this hellscape of catloverrrs . I hope this isn't just a cruel in joke and really MB is the greatest catfan of them all 😔
What a lovely day on Tattle…
AABBAFD3-8C89-4BB8-8BBD-9571C9A0E75B.jpeg

58B2AB77-0BB7-44D0-BBBB-2073BDD09BF0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
FUUUUUUCKING HELL!!!!
View attachment 1763249
AND IN CAPITALS TELL ME and CORRECT Cupboards
View attachment 1763250View attachment 1763256
And muck out and clean out your own rabbits’ hutch, you utter bleep. I bet you were devastated you didn’t have a bleeping chimney to send him up, weren’t you.
View attachment 1763252
What a repulsive nasty bully this piece of tit Is. That is ALL about power and control. Congratulations Jack, just when I thought I couldn’t find you any more repugnant, you come through with something even more loathsome every time.
And this is why she is allowed minimal contact, can only go on hols with SB with his dad and super lovely sympathetic king suffering new partner supervising and he has a safe loving home with his dad+wife a good 13 miles plus away from the chaos

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I am most interested in whether she is buying somewhere and if so, how her mortgage repayment plans will be affected by the (presumable) drop in her income now she’s become toxic to brands.
Or is she just funding it via her Patreons who seem happy to sub her for literally nothing in return?
I wonder if it is in fact Big Dave who is buying the place, and then “renting” it to Jack, so that she’ll pay back the mortgage to him and then own it after a number of years? I just don’t see how she’d be able to get a mortgage herself as she’s said she still has CCJ’s outstanding.

ETA: I don’t think he’d buy her a place outright because (1) she’s so financially irresponsible and (3) in terms of inheritance/fairness, he has 3 other kids, plus grandchildren, to consider.

Reactions: 36
Why is he having to open your bedroom curtains neatly?
Because she was (at the time, we are going back a few year) too busy fighting with other UNRULY things, - this is of course my own opinion which i am entitled to have your honour.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Despite not going to university, she is still Dr Dr Jack Monroe as she would probably like to remind us, I found the pictures on her insta, Its the first time I've looked at it so its been quite interesting

First one is from Coventry and second one is from Essex
How to judge a tit uni 🤣 when rishi is culling tit second rate unis for immigration any that have the likes of JM as honorary fellows first to the wall 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I wonder if it is in fact Big Dave who is buying the place, and then “renting” it to Jack, so that she’ll pay back the mortgage to him and then own it after a number of years? I just don’t see how she’d be able to get a mortgage herself as she’s said she still has CCJ’s outstanding.
Mmmm maybe no mortgage needed 🤔scammed enough to buy outright 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I wonder if he is still with her at all, cats can make their own homes elsewhere, he didn't seem happy since Content / Laurie arrived.

I have 2 cats (despite my username), i found a half a boiled sweet under the chin of my boycat last night. I don't eat boiled sweets so I know he has been cheating on me.
I knew my cat had been cheating on me because he came home smelling of someone else's perfume... literally been getting his cuddles from another woman!

OT - Jack's a massive bleep

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Why is this one so funny though. It’s like the Terminator said, “give me your sunglasses and your weird long waistcoat”

View attachment 1763280
0DAEFA11-22D1-4D2E-92BF-7401361DAF32.jpeg

WTF do you need to be thinking to decide “RIGHT! I need something impressive for this day with the ruling elites. I know! I’ll go GI-era Elvis with the hair, Stallone in Cobra with the glasses, ACTUAL OLYMPIAN Jayne Torvill with the dress, Hilda Ogden with the overall, and Treeeesa with the Russell Bromley matching leopard shoes. duck me! I’M A LITERAL FASHION EXPERT just like my very good friend MARY PORTAS.”

Muses as taking selfie “I’ll probably write an AMAZING poem or song about this one day.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Ninnies. the gig is up. we've been made.

1669514099350.png

and this in the Sun of all places.

Jack, I reckon you have about 3 weeks before the men folk become self aware and cancel their onlyfans subscriptions.
better double down on the Patreons now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
God that list of chores is absolutely foul. ‘Wipe toilet seat top and bottom. It’s you that wees on it!’ Humiliating and shaming him. And giving him a massive long list that makes Anne of Green Gables look lazy.

And all on her public open instagram account. I don’t follow her and I can see the post.

Why does she do this? Why does she parent so badly and so publicly?

View attachment 1763199View attachment 1763201
Max he can earn is 60p? Wouldn’t even buy a Freddo these days.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Yeah my partner explained this lie to me iirc, it is possible to score an own goal on fifa if you’re right next to it and you accidentally knock it in and your keeper fails to save it (extremely rare) but there’s absolutely no way that you can press the shoot whilst button aiming at your own goal and score. So the ‘scored a cracking goal from halfway down’ is a blatant lie because the game literally won’t let you do that.
Scooching the ball down the pitch.
Her use of language makes me feel all chokey.
I am also uneducated (although never had any scalpel related expulsions), I've never been a journalist, poet or food writer (...activist, single mum, former foodbank user, unintentional bringer of nightmares etc) and I'm sure I have better grasp of English than what her does.
She's such a fricken gif.

Speaking of gimps, as you do ..
I always feverishly imagine Leggy being a bit dominant dans la chambre, and having 'interests' that *some* public school educated, tory and old money types seem to have. Generalising and casting aspersions here but
I think she'd have educated jack in the same way Michael hutchence claimed to have 'corrupted Kylie' 🤔
When jack did her bit gauchefaux pas I really think she was trying to get leggy fired up but had completely misread the circumstances and audience.
All jokes aside, I bet she was a bleeping nightmare loose cannon and no amount of debauchery was worth it in the end.

Aaaannd. ..leaving yall with that imagery, prolly time I was off.
Sweet dreams
I'll get my coat

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
A well known squig who I SHAN'T name has shared these vintage bangers which I thought new fraus might enjoy as well as veterans who like a bit of nostalgia during the quiet times.

View attachment 1762226

Her claims about political prisoners will never be anything other than hilarious. Like some poor sod facing death for standing up to a terrible regime really wants the recipe for the peach curry.

View attachment 1762227

"...Defiantly put it in my bra". God, she's just so brave.
The quality of the cocaine must have been exceptional that evening.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Jack with ...... photos as I don't seem to see many pictures of Jack with people or friends?

Ruby Tandoh

Emma Freud
She looks bleeping terrifying with all that eye makeup.
Proper villainous
There are some stills of her on Dkl in her prairie outfit where she's the living embodiment of mendaciousness and snark

What a lovely day on Tattle…
View attachment 1763290
That second pic, omg! you're trying to turn me🤣🙈 whats the back story?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That second pic, omg! you're trying to turn me🤣🙈 whats the back story?
lol I was just looking for a gif of a surprised cat to recreate this meme for you
5B48929F-44B9-4ED5-B44E-2FE08C854D2F.jpeg

and that’s the BEST surprised cat I found! If you can be turned though, we do have some delighful black cattos over on F&D which could act as gateway cats to all the other F&D cats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
lol I was just looking for a gif of a surprised cat to recreate this meme for you
View attachment 1763336
and that’s the BEST surprised cat I found! If you can be turned though, we do have some delighful black cattos over on F&D which could act as gateway cats to all the other F&D cats.
Lovely @Shawads is probably put off the F&D thread now, thinking it’s all cats. In the same way that @Marmalade Atkins was put off it thinking it’s all feet.

In all seriousness though, the F&D thread is for everyone (but especially ninnies from this thread), and about everything. It’s great if you want to keep chatting while Jack’s quiet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
View attachment 1763336
Wait... there are cats on the F&D thread?? 😮 How did I not know this? Black ones no less! (My favourite kind!) Now I have a new thread to stalk... do you want me to stop BREATHING?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I was looking thru her instagram and came across where she had a tasks chart for SB to work to earn tablet time, He was born in 2010 and would have been 8 at the time of this chart in April 2018. I'm all for getting kids to do chores and know 8-year-olds need instructions, by cop yerself on Jack.

I've listed as many of the tasks as possible, this sounds like a lot for an 8 year old, this is not considering that SB has to deal with her emotional meltdowns on top of this,
  1. Make sure shelves are tidy
  2. No toys on floor
  3. Shoes in the shoe rack
  4. Hats scarves gloves in correct pockets
  5. Wipe toilet top and bottom it's you that wees on it
  6. Put new toilet paper out if needed
  7. Clean up your poo marks
  8. Hang up any coats in the hallway
  9. Pick one shelf or surface sort and throw out wipe down and organise
  10. Put clean clothes away in correct places
  11. Make bed neatly
  12. Put dirty towels and flannels and washing in the wash
  13. Spray door handle and wipe both sides - bedroom
  14. Tidy sink and clean it X 2
  15. Bring laundry downstairs
  16. Tidy floor
  17. Tidy books away neatly none on floor
  18. Open curtains neatly.
  19. Check the bunnies water and fill up
  20. Put all the bags away
  21. Put dirty washing in washing basket
  22. Clear floor put all things away
  23. Bring bin downstairs and empty into big bin
  24. Move the toilet mat and wipe toilet floor with a floor wipe
  25. Put all bottles nice and neatly
  26. Put everything away that doesn't belong on the counter
  27. Pick up litter from back garden
  28. Collect plates and cups and put in kitchen sink
  29. Pick up litter from front garden
  30. Spray down bathroom door and wipe both sides
  31. Put TV remote on the fireplace where lives
  32. Tidy up bags and take upstairs
  33. Pick up any pens and put in pen pot
  34. Put DVDs away in shelf and computer cases
  35. Wipe all handles in the bathroom door sink shower and light switch
  36. Clean the microwave inside and outside
  37. Spray door and handle and wipe both sides of mama's room
  38. Clear ledge in the kitchen wipe it down
  39. Put away everything on floor in dining room in the correct places
  40. Wipe front of washing machine with spray and cloth
  41. Empty the bathroom bin into bin bag if it gets full tell me
  42. Hoover bedroom
  43. Mamas room open curtains neatly
  44. Very carefully wipe TV shelf in lounge
  45. Put cutlery away in drawers everything in the right places
  46. Clear table in kitchen wipe it well
  47. Tidy sofa and throws and cushions neatly in the lounge
  48. Dirty dishes in the kitchen sink
  49. Clean out the corners of any little pieces of junk in the lounge
  50. Hoover in the kitchen especially by the washing machine and oven
  51. Empty bin from the lounge into the kitchen better if it gets full tell me
  52. Open curtains in the lounge
  53. Straighten cushions on sofa
  54. Feed the bunny dry food
  55. Wipe all chairs with spray and cloths in the kitchen
  56. Help put rubbish out on Tuesday night
  57. Hoover floor in landing who were the stars
  58. hoover that just the wooden stairs in the hallway
  59. hoover floor especially near the entrance in the hallway
  60. Mamas room water plants
  61. Help hanging laundry up with Mama
  62. Help to peel vegetables in the kitchen
  63. Wash carefully plates mugs bowls cutlery no forks and knives
  64. Help bunnies and hutches
Absolute beeyotch. I remember seeing this list before but seeing it all typed up like that gave me a visceral reaction.
The toilet thing 😭😭😭
I kept reading thinking it's going to end in a minute but it goes on and on.

The fact she shared it, and the horrible caption alongside shows she thinks this is brilliant parenting with canny finance and a devised a fun Countdown style 'game'.

How she keeps writing mama. It's nightmare territory, Joan Crawford and Bette Davies territory.

That awful list she left for LJC too, she's horrible.
She has inherited some strong slum landlord traits from her grandad.

My kids are classed as young carers, there are times I ask them to do things that maybe a fully able bodied parent wouldn't, but they're for my very bad days and it could be something like put their own pizza in the oven or take the dog out for quick wee by our house.

We have regular very basic chores in accordance with their age and ability but it's hit and miss.

I use some of my pip to fund cleaners and laundry service.
I invested in a robot hoover and I have never asked or told them to clean the toilet.
When there have been 'accidents' I deal with it discretely.

They load/unload dishwasher for money, they do things like pick up shoes, tidy their rooms as a matter of course, unpaid unless its a bigger job than just picking up toys or putting dirty clothes in the basket .

Any of the big chores like actually sorting their stuff i do alongside them as well as pay with money, a treat , trip, film takeaway etc. I love rewarding them for their efforts and want them to know any contribution to our household is of value.

if they remember they might feed the dog or open curtains and all sporadic.
their participation in chores is very minimal.
sometimes they shock me by doing something like tidying the kitchen and wiping surfaces as a surprise , and I make sure they know how much I value them and how touched I am by the gesture.

They can't keep on top of their rooms but pick up after themselves when I ask them to.

I was recently brought breakfast in bed unexpectedly and had a lovely bath run for me unprompted.

We devised a list of chores with prices for when they want something specific and ask what they can do to earn a particular sum.

They inevitably disengage partway through and I find many ways to circumvent the 'rules' so they still get the thing they wanted to buy.

People tell me I'm too soft on them, but they participate according to their capacity on the day.
they have so much to contend with at school, homework, having a disabled mum , and are only kids for a very short time

View attachment 1763336
Hahaha its Brill thanks! I always forget f&d thread, , had found it quite cat centric but love the completely different vibe, it's like everyone gets to stand at ease (military round the edges )

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.