Jack Monroe #433 Let them eat copies of Thrifty Kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were two framed scribbles behind a plant in SB’s “new” bedroomView attachment 1762217
1. She needs to choose drawer handles that match. This is one of her worst faults IMO.

2. Blue frame at the top did have a poorly fitting picture of Andi Oliver in it. Poor Andi. At least she has put stuff in of SB’s though. I wonder if Andi is in a moving box…

3. She scribbled out “put a tablet in the washing machine” on the LIST FROM HELL. Tablets? What house and what washing machine are we talking about here? Jack only uses shampoo that she has stolen cheap laundry liquid in her washing machine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
There were two framed scribbles behind a plant in SB’s “new” bedroomView attachment 1762217
They're clearly done by a very young child though, not a 12yr old.

The chores list is horrible. She's got to be so nasty with everything. Why is she expecting him to do things in her room anyway, that's weird. The only thing I ask my daughter to do in mine is shut my windows if it rains when I'm out and she's in.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I used to get paid to clean the car when I was young. A pitiful amount.

Backfired though. I did a tit job and used fucktons of water so my dad always had to do it again.

Strategic incompetence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Omg in that case you have to watch the famous horse spunk lasagne episode, it's about halfway through
"... normally I'm quite laborious and quite methodical..." says Jack as she explains the pouring instead of brushing of the milk flour mix.

Screenshot_20221127_182450.jpg

Tattle dictionary please!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Thing is, she doesn’t make SB do all the things on those stooopid cards. It was a performative “look what a great mamapapa I am, raising my child so well with rewards for doing chores” we all know he’s plonked on his tablet whilst she tweets into the void about Vienetta and bollock sausages

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
If it's any consolation to those of you who are upset by the chore jar, it didn't last long and was soon upgraded to chore bingo.

2265B82F-9882-43D3-A2C9-8D0141E51966 (1).jpeg
1ACA7A3A-01EA-4B81-960E-659F09D9A7F1 (1).jpeg

Yes, this is something that Jack liked enough to repeat.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
If there's one thing Jack loves doing, it's writing out a mundane list of absolute shite. The chore lists, the stock takes, the absolute load of bollocks on a roll of wallpaper, old notebooks full of useless information that nobody needs to keep, writing on the spine of said notebooks detailing the content. This is what she calls work.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Not sure if we have anyone else here who bravely carries the mental load of
-household chores
-parenting a child
- working
shes a bloody ruddy hero

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
I am intrigued by bathroom bottle collection on the bingo chart.

Bottles of shampoo/shower gel? But how many are they getting through? Bottles of homemade gin? Bottles of piss to throw at passing Tories?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I am intrigued by bathroom bottle collection on the bingo chart.

Bottles of shampoo/shower gel? But how many are they getting through? Bottles of homemade gin? Bottles of piss to throw at passing Tories?
It will be those empty milk bottles that used to contain salt

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If it's any consolation to those of you who are upset by the chore jar, it didn't last long and was soon upgraded to chore bingo.

View attachment 1763503View attachment 1763504

Yes, this is something that Jack liked enough to repeat.
"Nailing end of term holidays" when your kid says he's bored because you never do a single thing with him like take him to a museum or into town or even down to the beach. This is Jack's solution and one she thinks is worth sharing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Why is he collecting plates and mugs from every room in the house? Why is he cleaning up and picking up after adults? And don’t even get me started on how inappropriate it is a child to strip a sexually active parent’s bed.

Poor sod is like Dobby the House Elf

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 81
Its not often that I would say that a child should be as far away from the mother as possible but she is toxic and hates him, poor SB, Im mortified that its on the internet and its not even about me or any child of mine
Of all the things I've seen from Jack it's this list that has honestly shocked me, and the nasty tone of that insta comment. I don't have kids myself so haven't experienced the effort involved in parenting, but thinking of how I would have felt as a child being asked to do all this would feel pretty overwhelming. And having your toilet habits laid out like that in a scolding way is just uncomfortable and shaming for the kid surely, never mind having it put on the internet too! Awful stuff.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
I have an 8 year old (and a 7 year old and a 3 year old). Chores involve keeping their rooms at least semi tidy, tidying the playroom at the end of the day, putting their first washing in the basket and taking their clean washing up and putting it away. They like to help with the cooking sometimes. Can genuinely say it’s never occurred to me to ask them to clean door handles, open my curtains and strip my bed! I’m fully on board with children helping out in an age appropriate way, but that is not it.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Maybe it’s all performative shite. Like the numerous (probably empty) moleskin notebooks labelled “Jack Monroe”.

Maybe, as others have mentioned, she sees this as work and in her head this is good parenting. Maybe she put this post up because even though it’s all bollocks (who needs to tidy their sofa ffs?), she wants people to see she’s busy, teaching her son stuff and keeping her home tidy. As is always the case with Jack though, she misses the mark so, so widely.

I hoping maybe.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.