Jack Monroe #432 From £7.92 no refunds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always get confused the way she introduces herself in every video.

"*sniff* hello. It is I. Jack Monroe, part time mother, occasional lover, you may remember me from such films as 'duck YOU IM NOT A NARCISSIST bleep. SAY THAT AGAIN AND YOU'LL HEAR FROM MY LIAR, I MEAN LAWYER.' I shall now perform the hit song 'mutter from Rammstein's album of the same name. Honk"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Thrifty meals for less?

LESS THAN WHAT or LESS WHAT?

Ffs.
Less edible.

View attachment 1758232

Good to see 'someone' is on the case.
ROFL that the poster making this comment is named "Fantasy". As in, it's a fantasy that Jack's snotty and patronizing writing style wouldn't be recognizable.

I hate that I remember specifically her getting those performative Primark boots. Fairly sure we only ever saw them the once - Jack favours £200 Docs over the £20 Primark boots, obv
I'm surprised that Jack would buy something from a non-label retailer like Primark. Was the Doc Martens store closed that day? Or did she pick them up at the same time she got the horrid cargo jeans she wore for her (in)famous 20-pound shop?

I'm also surprised that anything from Primark lasted long enough to be resold on Poshmark.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I'm surprised that Jack would buy something from a non-label retailer like Primark. Was the Doc Martens store closed that day? Or did she pick them up at the same time she got the horrid cargo jeans she wore for her (in)famous 20-pound shop?

I'm also surprised that anything from Primark lasted long enough to be resold on Poshmark.

She could have so easily segued into ethical shopping blogging years ago - alongside the imaginary food bank concoctions and done well by the actual demographic that give a flying duck what she’s got to say.

Too much effort I suppose.

ETA: Primark spoiler softly, gently quoted from hoopdedoo above but I slopped it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Danniella Westbrook's mum?
Carol Brady. You know--the one who banged Greg.

Less edible.

ROFL that the poster making this comment is named "Fantasy". As in, it's a fantasy that Jack's snotty and patronizing writing style wouldn't be recognizable
What I love is that the person she's snarling at has, apparently, done quite a bit to help their community. Troll Jack, you got owned.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Less edible.

ROFL that the poster making this comment is named "Fantasy". As in, it's a fantasy that Jack's snotty and patronizing writing style wouldn't be recognizable.

Same way she pretends to love Spam and bollock sausages - much working class, very pov tender one x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
At least if she had a canal boat her neighbours could escape when she tries to force feed them slop.
A97B63AF-3B17-4DAC-A5A3-C32DC8A5EEAF.jpeg

It would be hilarious though, the sheer amount of water chaos.

Re the advent calendar of Jacks (Jackvent?) that sounds amazing, I can’t tell you how excited I am about my kinder breno one but I’d swop in a second.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
At least if she had a canal boat her neighbours could escape when she tries to force feed them slop.
View attachment 1758598
It would be hilarious though, the sheer amount of water chaos.

Re the advent calendar of Jacks (Jackvent?) that sounds amazing, I can’t tell you how excited I am about my kinder breno one but I’d swop in a second.
It’s all fun and games until the dog goes missing…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
It’s all fun and games until the dog goes missing…
@HotesTilaire hope you are ok middle of the night for you right?

I’m loving all the reruns of the Covid time chaoses for the new Fraus! The no potato Christmas dinner! Del Monte (sorry for guessing that secret password!) duck off scales! Please don’t start up reposting that time where she posted a fishy egg lunch every single day.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
@HotesTilaire hope you are ok middle of the night for you right?

I’m loving all the reruns of the Covid time chaoses for the new Fraus! The no potato Christmas dinner! Del Monte (sorry for guessing that secret password!) duck off scales! Please don’t start up reposting that time where she posted a fishy egg lunch every single day.
Back on insomnia duty, good to see you! ah there’s been some greatest hits playing. Shame there was no capture of the shampoo/washing machine/steal things on GMB though.
what’s going on with weekends there now, is it the end of the week and you’re off Sat and Sun?

duck meeeee what an absolute drop kick...
Listen up tender head, I really like my job. I still wouldn't do it for free. Because that is how the majority of those who are able to support themselves: the exchange of our time, labour and energy for money. Sometimes we don't even get to be choosey about who we do it for. We don't have flocks of squigs and patreons just giving us cash to sit around on our mediterraneans.
She's got to ripe for some kind of brass balls award this one... preaching ethics whilst grifting to the max.

Edit: Jack, remember that time you turned down a whole bunch of work and when people went "wtf?" you clarified that it was all unpaid? You're confusing me now hun.
That’s right. And remember the time she said to someone to ask for an amount of money based on ticket sales/if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then ask - some tit like that?

• Haha
That’s right. And remember the time she said to someone to ask for an amount of money based on ticket sales/if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then ask - some tit like that?
Yes. She also said you should factor in your rest time afterwards into your fee.

She is embarrassingly dim.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Back on insomnia duty, good to see you! ah there’s been some greatest hits playing. Shame there was no capture of the shampoo/washing machine/steal things on GMB though.
what’s going on with weekends there now, is it the end of the week and you’re off Sat and Sun?
Weekends changed to Sat/ Sun but we do a half day on Friday so everyone can have a pray. 10/10. I’m off work for a week after a cheeky surgery so hoping for an early December chaos. My best ones are when it happens in real time and everyone fact checks- like the other day when people kept posting pictures of her multicolored walls.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Weekends changed to Sat/ Sun but we do a half day on Friday so everyone can have a pray. 10/10. I’m off work for a week after a cheeky surgery so hoping for an early December chaos. My best ones are when it happens in real time and everyone fact checks- like the other day when people kept posting pictures of her multicolored walls.
A BBL? 🤣 any sign of Sallie Axl recently 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A BBL? 🤣 any sign of Sallie Axl recently 🤣🤣🤣
Haha yeah, got turkey teef, BBL and that cat eye thing. Like Jack I will say it’s just portrait mode though.

not really… as if I’d be allowed time off from the chalk face for that! I’m minus one ovary, one fallopian tube and a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.