Jack Monroe #431 Close your begs, woman!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this lands wrong, I'm a few pages behind but I'm just mithering about the comments on her old Guardian articles pointing out how tit the recipes/costings are...

Do you think this is the origin of the 'trolling & abuse' she claims to have suffered? People pointing out that the recipes don't work or the amounts aren't adequate or the pricing is off because of the stocked-larder issue - all valid questions and criticisms that she immediately saw as trolling because perish the thought she receive an ounce of criticism? I can see how her mind would grab onto that and twist it and grow it into a massive thing she then used as narc fuel - something to battle against and to manipulate her fans/readers into feeling sorry for her.

Anyway, just mithering... as you were ninnies.
I do think that this is the origin of her troll/abuse claims. However, Jack is under the misapprehension that the same people who complained then are the same who are complaining now and that the basis of the complaints is TERF-ness, jealousy, Tory sensibilities of infiltrators, desire to steal her ideas or niche, frustrated womanhood, whatev. In reality, a range of people have had a range of complaints about Jack over a long period of time.

Makes you think. It should make Jack think. But it didn't and it won't.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
No idea about the other blog. I've seen reference to Twitter comments by the brother but if they existed, they've gone now. What I do have a receipt for is Jack giggling about how her brother worries about his mates "jacking off" to her picture in the paper.

From 21:58 minutes in.

:sick:
She looks like a toad. I appreciate folk have different tastes and all that, but are people really pleasuring themselves to pictures of toads? Actually, please don't answer that!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
That is a horrific thing to say about SB's dad, who by all accounts is a good dad. That sort of thing gets thrown around in the family court during custody cases.

For all Jackamo's posturing about being a tough, not-like-other-girls mamapapa type who enjoys violence and power tools, her ideas about family life and cooking are not even 1950s housewife, they are 1930s housewife and the sort of thing my dear departed granny considered old-fashioned.
Oh yes. Jack supporting parents. She's great at that with her SM platform. I've no truck with her comments about being a single parent and not wanting to leave her child with ''anyone' so excuuuuuuseee me if I gave up a decent job, didn't and never have found another one because I'm the perfect Mamapapa'. duck off.

Reactions: 31
Freaks me out that you can be in another country in just a few hours. I could drive for three days and still be in Australia.
I'm being completely honest that this is one of the things that completely freaks me out about Australia. All that vast open space of nothingness 😱.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If we are having Jack Monroe Singing vids, this is my video version of @Marmalade Atkins fave Easter pic of tinyheaded Jack that’s just a gift that keeps on giving.

I’ve never even managed to listen properly all the way through. I just LOVE and cannot get enough of the trilled “Hiya!” followed by the big sniff, nose wipe and calling herself a COKE book author- all in the first eight seconds. I listen to that part multiple times then I just forward to the warbling.
duck sake this is the second singing video where I've had to scrub 8 times and over half way through to get to the actual bleeping warbling
Jack you're utterly tit at making videos

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Still Grunking but what an excellent find @Valiofthedolls mucho good material to be mined from all her sad, snippy, mendacious comments.

A few faves thus far;

View attachment 1752182
Also you are an idiot, you cannot make risotto with long grain rice.

View attachment 1752190
I know I am, but what are you Jack?

Also some bonuThrowing Mammy under the bus

View attachment 1752192

An early suitcase in the hall drama. Told her readers indeed.View attachment 1752194

Hmmm not sure if this has proved to be entirely truthful (speculation m’lud)

View attachment 1752198

Curious 🧐

View attachment 1752219
Trying to defend herself from an accusation of racism with a whole lot of stereotypes and micro-aggressions.

A great Jack back catalogue with remixes of old favourites and some deep cuts.
Anyone else get the feeling that Monroe goes around asking people who look a bit not completely white where they are from?

“England”

“Yeh, but where are you REALLY from?”

Jesus Christ! I’ve never asked my doctor or nurse or the fecking bus driver where they’re from. Why would ya?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Let us not forget the quest of the Lost Tile, where our preternaturally strong pixie extracted her forgotten bounty from the floor, or the swearing at support staff over made up incidents via Twitter and getting scolded.
Also the backpack full of goat legs.

Will she pack some raw meat for her journey to the Diff?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The Deirdre Barlow spex and general dressing down in the Pov Sweater just show her ego... Like, 'I'm so naturally beautiful I can wear such horrors and still look fab"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
A train chaos is my favourite genre of chaos. You've got Mediterranean arses, you've got being trapped, you've got shin-kicking, you've got Opal Fruits. There's truly something for everyone.
Don’t get me wrong. I love a train chaos. But I feel like imaginary conversations is my favourite Jack genre. It has brought us such classics such as SB and the white men conversation, boo I guess, shut your legs (x3), armed policeman calling her a legend, and literally any anecdote that starts with her talking to a ‘friend’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Well there is that. But I think I'd die from the heat first 😂. And that's if the flight didn't finish me off 😂.
We are Jack free here though!
Last time I travelled interstate I saw a wallaby and a koala walk out of a forest together. So cute, but they were probably planning a massacre. Hehe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.