Jack Monroe #430 Keep strong, good Turkish haircut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't imagine that this latest chaos and lie-fest is going to go over well with her agent and publisher. Both of them more than likely have clients/authors that are less trouble and generate more income. The publisher hasn't exactly been enthusiastically promoting Grifty Kitchen, and today's episode isn't a positive demonstration of Jack's judgement and maturity. She's on really shaky ground professionally IMO.
Who do you think deactivated her Twitter account?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Who do you think deactivated her Twitter account?
I think she did. The stupid lies about painting houses and Tiffany earrings were spiralling out of control and she was tripping herself up left, right and centre.
She had to close it to stop people showing her her own lies.
Interesting that now the insistence she can't lie has shifted to - people are complicated and their recollection of back stories and circumstances change. Which is true. So why lie about lying?

Reactions: 85
It's possible there's been an intervention of some kind.
That's my guess. She was asked to stop digging herself into a hole on the haunted bird app, she said SHAN'T, and someone threatened her with consequences (like having her book withdrawn or dumped on the market with no publicity) that meant some or all of her cashflows would be cut off. And for once she listened.

Either that, or someone took her phone(s) away from her.

She also might have thrown a massive hissyfit and deleted the account of her own accord, but that would mean giving in to the BULLIES and the HARASSMENT which I don't see her doing (or at least admitting to herself that's what she was doing).

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Drop the Etsy jeweller's @ please, Jack! I'd love some cheap Tiffany dupes. Would never, ever pay the price tag for the real thing and wouldn't accept a ridiculous gift like that either, when we're sitting in a RENTED house and our kids need new winter boots. Imagine the audacity of those swinging in your lugholes when you've been on asking for PayPal donations to turn your water heater on.

• Heart
Reactions: 110
Iā€™ll say this, I donā€™t envy the comedown and then bollcking by her publishers that today will bring!
That was so great, her accidentally posting the camera reel was a highlight for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
I think she's opened herself up to trouble by saying the DM article was lies by a journo with an agenda. Same with Molly.

It would be beautiful, beautiful karma if Molly crowdfunded legal action against Jack for defamation, or the Daily Mail landed on her with a legal letter..... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Surprisingly few defenders too bar a couple of socks and the usual divorced dads, neckbeards and naive grannies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
That's my guess. She was asked to stop digging herself into a hole on the haunted bird app, she said SHAN'T, and someone threatened her with consequences (like having her book withdrawn or dumped on the market with no publicity) that meant some or all of her cashflows would be cut off. And for once she listened.

Either that, or someone took her phone(s) away from her.

She also might have thrown a massive hissyfit and deleted the account of her own accord, but that would mean giving in to the BULLIES and the HARASSMENT which I don't see her doing (or at least admitting to herself that's what she was doing).
I think superficially but Jack spins that as bad mentals to her 'advantage' anyway. But agree with what you said, an established pattern with some of these twats is that they'll whip up a storm (Jack: "let myself snap for a bit") and then deactivate/go silent to starve the other side of responses/interaction/satisfaction. It's all deliberate, enjoyable and allows them to retain that illusion of control over the situation, but often bite off more than they can chew. Let's say by saying something they have to immediately delete (check) or posting more information than they meant to (check) etc. This could lead to a toys out of pram scenario but she was probably planning another flounce anyway.

By rights there should be an intervention for her social media misuse but don't think there has been. Jack's appalling behaviour and their lack of action just makes them all look bad and to not have their house in order, frankly. But it seems like her social media misuse is a symptom of much larger behavioral problems, you'd have thought chucking a book at someone's head would have done it. Maybe next time she'll thump someone, but she won't be the only one to blame.

But overall I still think the number 1 driving factor here is malignant narcissism, probably communal instead of the covert/closet I've seen mentioned here, because Jack absolutely displays grandiosity and entitlement, as well as thrives on the drama surrounding her charitable issues etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 65
A few hardy stalwarts still persist with 'leave her alone, she does so much good' with not one scrap of evidence for this.
In her latest twitter splurge was there even ONE word of her 'work' or 'campaigning'?
What about her newspaper piece with four families?
Why is she still accepting patreon money to enable vital 'work' when she clearly is intent only on moving, painting and decorating for the foreseeable future?

Reactions: 71
She came on Twitter and prodded the trolls with her blurry earrings and performative moving boxes and yet another 'I wasn't going to post this on social media but..' on purpose to whip up some evidence of abuse and harrassment for the Squigs to see. As satisying as it is to see her called out on the bird site, it does play right into her hands. She's now been 'hounded off Twitter' once again when she came on for exactly that šŸ¤·

Reactions: 66
God that was the perfect chaos wasnā€™t it? Narc rage followed by deletion. And so the cycle begins anew.

• Haha
Reactions: 121
Iā€™m pleased sheā€™s deactivated her Twitter again. She just makes a tit of herself every time she tweets/opens her mouth.
Iā€™m scarlet for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Ooh, a consolation prize for being up at 6am on a Sunday morning with an ill childā€¦ a late night Jack chaos to catch up on!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Not had such a satisfying grunk in a while. Great chaos, highly rated, and now we wait and see what's next!

The moving boxes made me šŸ¦‰ Taking pictures of books, dismantling chairs and counting screws. What a bleeping palaver. People have immigrated with less fuss.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
I can possibly see a few more rags picking up on the story based on last night's performance. That was quite something to witness. The woman is clearly sick though. She totally lost it. I mean, I've seen her snark before but she was throwing it in all directions. Glad she's deleted herself.

Reactions: 52
I too went back through her Instagram to find pictures of her living in rooms that were not ā€œPure Brilliant White boxesā€.

Admittedly, she may not have painted some of those rooms herself, but she hasnā€™t lived in a Pure Brilliant White Box in her life. Every room, regardless (or irregardless, WFK), of the colour of the wall or who painted it, is jammed to the ceiling with stuff. I thought those teal Made chairs were the plastic ones we had in school that stacked. Nope. Ā£150 each. She has twelve of them. Twelve.

I have a really odd feeling about yesterday. About the sheer number of boxes only filled with books, about the notebooks with her name on them, about her inability to keep track of the inconsistencies and finally about her throwing caution to the wind with her desire to decorate using Ā£Ā£Ā£ paints and packing up Ā£Ā£Ā£ furniture.

Itā€™s like she thinks life will be renewed with a fresh coat of paint in a new place. That everything that has gone before will be left in the crappy bungalow. Your tit moves with you Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Not had such a satisfying grunk in a while. Great chaos, highly rated, and now we wait and see what's next!

The moving boxes made me šŸ¦‰ Taking pictures of books, dismantling chairs and counting screws. What a bleeping palaver. People have immigrated with less fuss.
Yes, like myself and my family. Moved to UK 20 years ago. Our whole lives packed into a few boxes. Why does everything she does have to be announced as the biggest this or that as though she's the first one to have done it? She s an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Yes, like myself and my family. Moved to UK 20 years ago. Our whole lives packed into a few boxes. Why does everything she does have to be announced as the biggest this or that as though she's the first one to have done it? She s an idiot.
Sadly I think we may never get her thread on 'how to move house like what I did' šŸ˜„

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Sadly I think we may never get her thread on 'how to move house like what I did' šŸ˜„
Aw, don't worry, you can still move house like Jack did. Write lots of words with felt-tip pen on an empty box, and then go on Twitter for a couple of hours to whinge about how many times you've had to move and the mouldy damp hovels you've had to live in. Et voila! The move is done!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.