Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The sad thing is that she did have friends and was once part of an incredibly supportive social network of lesbians in Southend before she became famous. I met her (then using her old name) through that network 🔺️, it was a social group, a support group, a friendship group and a safe space for "out" lesbians as well as women questioning their sexual identity. Some had kids, some had always known they were gay, some came out in later life, some were still living a 'straight' life knowing they were gay but too afraid to come out. Women of all ages and from all walks of life. You get the picture. Over the years, friendships were forged, relationships started, women left the group, new women joined. The point is, at that time, Jack did have good friends and she was having fun...we were all having fun...picnics, camping weekends, gay pride events, dinner parties etc etc...the photos still exist to prove it. Many of us were friends on FB. Many of us are still friends now. Many of us settled into long term relationships. And then in 2012 she hit the big time....I was pleased for her and impressed to see her doing so well (and, I'll admit, a little proud to say that I actually knew such a celebrity, which she was back then). As far as I can recall, she stopped having active involvement with the group, understandably as she was by then busy with her campaigning etc etc. She set up her new Facebook page to share recipes etc. None of the women I know from that time are still in contact with her although that's not to say she's not still in touch with some of the other women from those times who I don't know.
She doesn't ever seem to have sustained a long term relationship...3? engagements by the age of 34... many dalliances but no long term loving supportive partner by her side, a constant in her life. Although many folk choose to be single, I'm guessing that she doesn't choose it (otherwise why the engagements) but somehow it never works out. She doesn't come across as someone who's ever been comfortable in her own skin or knows who she really is...it's all constant change and a state of chaos, changing partners, changing her name, changing her sexual identity, changing ....everything, and I think that being thrust into the limelight when she was really did her no favours. She wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with it, it went to her head, she basked in the adoration and the sycophancy and there was nobody constantly by her side to help her keep it real and keep her feet on the ground. She bit off way way more than she could chew and she's buried her head in a desert of sand.

I hope that she has support from her family. I don't know if she really has good friends now IRL, if she does then why are they not intervening as she publicly spirals out of control? The massive oversharing of her life on SM indicates to me that she has no friends, she needs the validation of strangers to fill the void. How sad.

Jack....it's not going to be easy to come clean now, but unless you do you will never be able to face yourself. All the bravado in the world won't help. You know where to find 100% confidential support in Southend. Get support and do the right thing for the sake of the people who've funded you for a long time and believed in you. Do the right thing for your own sanity.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 186

Zelda

Let me get this right...already this weekend, Jack Monroe - anti-poverty campaigner, author of 7 cookbooks and the upcoming Thrifty Kitchen, lesbian, emigrant-adjacent, so poor she has to boil soap and beg for donations to keep her and (afterthought) her son alive, persecuted, acceptable face of poverty to the Guardian and Twitter neckbeards - has:
  • Sexualised Schrodingers small talk while having her haircut with a Turkish barber, with his monosyllabic dialogue courtesy of Enid Blyton writing about ethnic minorities in the 1950s
  • Either paid more for her undercut at said Turkish barbers than their website states they cost - or somehow haggled for a lower price (cos, thrifty? Cos that's what you do with a Turkish barber? Dunno)
  • Had another romantic meet-cute with a man who sells paint
  • Revealed that she is going to be moving soon (but how soon is now? Dunno. It will be a hecking big move, obviously)
  • Revealed that this time (finally!!) she will be able to decorate her home and has grandiose plans for this, while waiting for this new home to become available (because it is normal to wait for and plan decoration of rental properties, dunno)
  • New home will be teeny tiny with one bedroom, but that's fine because afterthought son will get the bedroom and she will sleep on the sofa. She's practicing that at the moment in the [checks notes] 10-bedroom shitty bungalow
  • Paint shop man will help out with the pricey decorating plans (out of the goodness of his own heart, because he fancies Jack, or something, dunno)
  • In the process talking about the new home, people who aren't as hard of thinking as the stereotypical squig, come to the conclusion that she is buying. Or, if she's going to be renting again, this will be the one non-shitty landlord in 27 (?) who will allow her to do this (dunno)
  • Got in a strop when challenged by people who had evidence that she'd painted rented homes before
  • Threw her ex-fiancee, Louisa J Compton, something high up I can't remember at Channel Four News, for leaving her to pay the full amount on a two-year fixed lease on current shitty bungalow (which has lasted longer than the two years since she LEFT - almost two and a half years)
  • Shared her camera roll with images of her and her earlier wealthy fiancee, along with a more recent pic of a pub lunch and what looked like property searches. But of course, these could be downloads from WhatsApp messages from people who don't have to boil their own soap (dunno)
  • Doubled-down on claims that the Teemill money fundraising was all handled appropriately, nothing to see here, absolutely no need to share the "It was resting in my account" gif from Father Ted, by tweeting parts of a DM conversation with a member of the Comments Club
  • In doing so, accidentally revealed she instigated the conversation with Comments Club Squig in order to refute Molly's stories
  • Failed to reassure Comments Club squig when repeatedly saying all answers were on the blog and pointing them (and others) to the Trussell Trust statement about what she'd paid them. Therefore failing to answer to the wider (more important) question about what had happened the rest of the money she'd raised
  • Comments Club squig wouldn't back down, shared the rest of the conversation in frustration at deliberate point-missing. This agitated shitposters and bystanders so they joined in by ridiculing her contradictions/hyperbole/gaslighting nonsense. Twitter mentions a bonfire
  • Somehow, in the process of trying to explain that people are complicated and that Jack is simultaneously a real life Four Yorkshiremen sketch ("We lived for three months in a rolled up newspaper in a septic tank." etc.) and also has nice things, the price of the Tiffany earrings was confirmed at over £800. Of course Jack didn't pay for them herself. They were a birthday gift from a former partner (of less than six months?)
  • Ah, but there's more, the value of this gift goes far beyond the sales receipt from Tiffany's. Her knight in shining armour was protecting her from the trolls who [checks notes] who were accusing her of owning expensive earrings from Tiffany's (which she has now confirmed she does), but she only had "dupes" from Etsy before. Perhaps that's why she was never photographed wearing them and has only been snapped in the real ones? Erm, dunno.
  • In the process of defending herself, Jack revealed that she had some kind of breakdown recently, the details of which I'm not going to go into. Needless to say, it should be behind a trigger warning, but she hasn't broken her sobriety
  • Rinse (beans), repeat
  • None of the attempts to defend herself were working, obviously it was just making things worse. Squigs didn't back down, more and more inconsistencies, more and more evidence of spendy lifestyle were came out. More and more Dickens meets Prozac Nation hyperbole
  • Rinse, repeat, delete account
I'm sure I've missed something.

Her agents must be delighted with how the new book launch is going.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 177
Right. Trying again….
I’ve been lurking here since the summer and I decide to make an account and actually post.
Not only do I steal someone’s name the thing I post is wrong 😂
Thanks for the sensitive correction and I’ll just be quietly over here now enjoying your work. Thank(space)you for all you do canal.

I appear to have done a chaos and pinched your name! I’m so sorry! @Griftymcgriftface
Think I’ll need to delete my account and stop breathing.

Sending you many apology-o’s

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 148

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking here since Methuselah was naught but a lad and this has finally brought me out!

I wonder if this is the irish reporter…?
No, the Irish reporter was the guy who wrote the weirdly restrained profile of her for the OFM awards

3F7B3B98-D2F2-4316-B98C-14635480F61F.jpeg

Squig has 130-odd followers. Catherine Philp writes for the Times and has over 30k followers. Lots of people have their eyes on this.

Much as I commend newer Frauen for their concern over Jack’s wellbeing I can safely say she isn’t ill, she’s just a cunt. She’s been cycling through these stages ever since she’s been in the public eye. Breadcrumbing suicide and self harm for over a decade with no evidence of any of these behaviours. As people who’ve known her IRL have said, she’ll be having major dramas on Twitter and living her perfectly normal life. It’s pretty good going to be having a “total mental and emotional relapse” but manage to househunt, pack boxes and take your kid for a Spoons tea. This is all part of the grift and it’s both why she’s been so successful and why it’s now falling apart.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 144

Smol Pixel

Chatty Member
I think my favourite tweet from yesterday (and it’s hard because there were so many) was when she claimed that she’d tried to sell the Tiffany earrings by giving them to a friend who was going to pawn her engagement rings (why Jack can’t pawn her own jewellery remains a mystery) and the friend refused to take them because she knew how much Jack loved them. Some friend. “No Jack, keep on boiling soap and unscrewing lightbulbs because I just won’t let you part with those Tiffany earrings.”

And Jack actually fully believes that it’s fine. It’s fine to keep taking Patreon money, it’s fine to rattle the tip jar after HH2 because her mate just wouldn’t let her sell her £800-odd Tiffany earrings. 😂😡

I mean, obviously it’s all a lie. We know she doesn’t have friends. But it just feels like such a transparent display of her entitlement.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 140

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
i once permanently deleted an instagram account i’d had for about 5 years because i accidentally liked one single photo of a long ago-exes new girlfriend. i cannot even imagine how quickly i’d be taking steps to change my entire identity if i was jack and shared my camera roll with that allegra screenshot 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 140

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
If anyone is wondering (or worrying) what Jack is currently up to, she's reactivated an old sock and is merrily (gently) Tweeting away.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 17.52.36.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 137

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Much as I commend newer Frauen for their concern over Jack’s wellbeing I can safely say she isn’t ill, she’s just a cunt. She’s been cycling through these stages ever since she’s been in the public eye. Breadcrumbing suicide and self harm for over a decade with no evidence of any of these behaviours. As people who’ve known her IRL have said, she’ll be having major dramas on Twitter and living her perfectly normal life. It’s pretty good going to be having a “total mental and emotional relapse” but manage to househunt, pack boxes and take your kid for a Spoons tea. This is all part of the grift and it’s both why she’s been so successful and why it’s now falling apart.
A lot of lovely new fraus saying ‘she needs help’ and things along those lines too. It’s very kind, but Jack has had help beyond what most people get in a lifetime. She’s had rehab, expensive dayhab where she stayed in a fancy Airbnb for no reason, three therapists (although one might be her publisher and their breed of therapy looks like nonsense), and claims over 100 hours of therapy that just didn’t work on her because she’s oh so smart and outwitted them all. She’s also posted photos of the crazy amounts of meds that she takes and apparently goes to dozens of AA meetings a week. She is well supported and has plenty of help. As goat points out, she’s simply a cunt.

If she actually was a working class woman with mental health issues, she’d be lucky to even get a GP appointment, let alone the long list of private healthcare she has enjoyed.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 136

Upthisweek

Unsure what happened with the Caroline saga a while ago but a bit of 🍵 for you. I started buying a few Christmas gifts online this weekend and went to buy some from a lady who has a small business in Essex, clicked on her details and it turns out she is the infamous Caroline (who doesn't actually go by that name irl)

Her online business directed to her Facebook which had her listed as assistant to Jackie 😬

Needless to say I didn't want to be triangulated so haven't bought from her but it seems she has her hand in a few online businesses including tax free matched betting (whatever that is and her thing I nearly bought from)

So it appears Caroline is real, except she doesn't use that name.

Apologies if this has all been discussed before but haven't been on here in a while.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 135

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I maintain she has had a complete and catastrophic breakdown.
Not one of her fake Twitter “bones are literally Turing to dust” breakdowns. A real full blown collapse

She belongs in the Priory. I hope she has someone looking after her best interests
Jack has already (that we know of) had 2 stints in some form of rehab. She claims to have 3 therapists on speed dial. She claims to have various meds for various MH and other ailments. She claims to have ~dozens~ of wonderful friends, family and supportive AA community around her keeping her safe, grounded and on course. Yet despite all of this she jumps on and off twitter being an absolute shit, bulling, gaslighting, threatening legal action and instigating pile ons and when things aren’t going exactly her way she claims victim status and drags out her mental health, another ailment or sobriety. She has spent a decade using various platforms to tell the world how truly horrible her life is, how on each and every occasion it’s someone else’s fault, her parents, her teachers, her brother, her bosses, her partners, her sons, the Tories, the trolls, the landlords, the bank, the shop assistant, the feral foster kids, the publishers, random people in the pub, on the train, in the street and each time those stories become more dramatic by adding triggery traumas rape, ED,self harm, suicide, DM in order to garner sympathy and support for her ultimate goal of gaining fame and fortune.

She’s never once considered the mental health or well being of any of the people she’s unceremoniously thrown under the bus, when she’s on top she’s toot tooting to her hearts content and to fuck with how anyone else feels.

I can not say one way or another if she really does have mental health issues or if she’s just living in constant fear of being caught out but either way the only options for her are to come clean and admit to her lies, be accountable and start again honestly or draw a line under her grift, fade into obscurity and smile smugly at how well she pulled off a decade long con.

• Heart
Reactions: 129

SendReceive

Chatty Member
Oh dear heart.

(Although reference to chaos makes me think this could be a superbly constructed piece of trolling).

⚰💀
6AE32AA8-9D39-4591-82D5-41B9C9124458.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 125
She had such a breakdown that people had to practically break down her door to save her after ten days - but her child was in the house with her throughout? She subjected her child to that instead of, oh, calling his Dad or her parents or his other grandparents? Really?

That's a safeguarding incident in itself. A massive one.

Of course, if what really happened was she took to her bed once he went home and didn't emerge again until the kid came round and had to call Nan and Granddad because she wasn't answering, that's not any improvement, either. Because of the fear it would have caused him.

And how does being the great Lady Bountiful and Alcoholism Expert in the groups works when she's just shared an image of her sitting at a pub table with 1/3 of a pint in front of her? Or having the child stay with her 'of course I'm sober, he's fine here' - 'you've literally just shared a photo of you with a lasagne and a pint in Spoons' (and every Spoons I've ever been in only serves low alcohol stuff by the bottle, not draught, same as gluten free - the risk of mixing up at the barrel/pump and cross contamination is too high).

Good reasons to suddenly deactivate.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 125

SendReceive

Chatty Member
The haunted bird app can often seem like the same dozen anti-Monroe posters 24/7; but it’s wonderful to see the pisstaking from bystanders who have never interacted with her before:

FDACE52D-E03F-4730-9B9B-F15442E563DA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 124

TbilisiPeach

Chatty Member
The reality of moving house really is that you can either spend a lot of time on it or a lot of money, or balance the two out.

If you don't have much money, it's going to cost you a lot of time and sweat, or time from friends (btw I feel strongly that once you're at a certain age + income you can't ask friends to help in exchange for take out and a few beers anymore, because their time is more precious once they have children and full-time jobs, though help from parents and uncles is different as they often still like to feel they can help you with something).

If you have money, you can do yourself a favour and spend your way out of the most annoying or inconvenient bits (there is a third option when your job pays for or towards an international move for example. Then it migth not be your own money, but it's still money).

That's it, that's the bottom line, and no hack or top tip about writing shit on boxes with special pens or wrapping things a certain way is going to change that. If you want to make it cheaper, it's going to take you more time. If you want to spend less time on it, it will cost you money.

(FFS, now she even has me posting about a top-5 boring topics topic. Next thing I'll offer to show my holiday snaps or tell you about my dreams)
I have a top tip for moving. Put stuff in boxes, write destination room on box, unpack box in that room.

Totally foolproof, works every time. Guys, if you want me to do a blogpost about it, let me know. Xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Jack, when you wake in a panic today, things feel bleak and you recall with absolute horror your behaviour on Twitter last night, just remember, keep strong, good Turkish haircut xxxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122