Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First measure the marmalade and chocolate spread into your mug, and pop it into the microwave for 45 seconds to soften.

Remove carefully as the mug may be warm

God, she has no respect for her readers!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
D4CFEAF4-0605-4A6C-B128-86ACC8A9E812.jpeg
Looks like Jack is still wearing her politics hat. Starving poverty was amusing last night?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
First measure the marmalade and chocolate spread into your mug, and pop it into the microwave for 45 seconds to soften.

Remove carefully as the mug may be warm

God, she has no respect for her readers!
And finish with squirty chocolate!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyhow, I've just seen the cuntery about roast beef.
What is this cuntery of which you speak? :unsure:

She seems quiet on social media this morning (Iknow, I know tempting Jack fate). I truly hope she is taking a break to look around her and see that her behaviour must be causing hurt and harm to those close to her.

PS. Mark Rylance 'fancy'. Face shape variable and menopausal. Scent - Clarins Eau Ressourcante Spray fanciererer....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hope this isn’t too off topic because I do think it’s very important. Keir Starmer is about my height (5ft8) and his head is very big for his body. He’s very intense in the face and as square jawed as he looks. I would absolutely bang him into next week. He’s my MP and I feel truly blessed.
You were correct Spanner, these are facts which are not only very important but some would say essential. Thank you for enhancing my life with your wisdom. I am very envious of your constituency, I live (and always have) in an utterly hopeless Tory wasteland and the idea of a Labour MP seems but a thrilling fantasy.

Back to Jack. Can anyone recall which book was next? Is it the raising black voices or the political discourse? Had they in fact amalgamated? When is the release date? Did anyone retain any information from her pointless drivel

I notice David Walliams new book is still at number 1 in the sales chart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Doggos.

You are 32. Sorry to anybody who uses this term. It annoys me personally.
I agree with this. Sorry to any of my fraus who use it. I think it's made worse when it's someone you hate that uses a turn of expressions you also hate 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
<SHOEHORN KLAXON> Speaking of some former DKL guests, which we were at some point I’m sure, I stumbled upon a show of Dr Rupy’s yesterday, on BBC RB (I.e. a Red Button channel actually listed on the EPG as opposed to clicking on the red button yourself and finding things —who knew?).

So he wasn’t a “natural”, or experienced, by any means — what with him being a doctor and all — but he was more than competent, engaging, food looked appetising and achievable, and he explained why he was using various ingredients.

Complete opposite of PseudoShitShedShambles over the past few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So if she had taken the kitten to the vet sooner, she would've posted about it, instead of waiting over a week (can't remember how long ago it is). I'm so angry, I feel like I should be adding a fancy word in there but hey I'm not like Jack and proud of it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I am so sorry to hear this! Your poor little one. I really hope the change of school has helped 🙏🏽 May I ask at what point you knew that was what you had to do? Mine hasn’t received physical bullying although threats have been given 😣
Apologies for the late reply @choccydigestive, we surprised our son with a much wanted new kitten yesterday as a birthday surprise. Spent the day and evening settling him in.

He'd been at the same school from Reception until year 5 when we had to move (didn't really have a choice). He loved it there and the guilt I felt at taking him away from all his friends was immense.

We thought we'd found a lovely primary in the village we moved to. We were obviously hoping he'd make new local friends if we could walk there etc. How wrong we were. It turned out to be full of extremely aggressive overly 'macho' boys, the whole energy of the place was just wrong for him. We knew in our gut pretty quickly we had to move him again, despite the school working with us to try and solve it. I didn't want him going into secondary with these children. And 9-year-old kids should not be getting beaten up on a regular basis, He was being called weak as he wouldn't fight back but we've raised him to be a sensitive, empathetic person who should never follow the crowd and be true to himself. He'd had a pretty charmed life up until this point so I think it was a real shock to the system for him and he definitely needs to learn some resilience but my husband I both agreed it would be wrong to keep him at that school.

He seems much happier at his new place, smaller classes, calmer environment, less competition. Fingers crossed it stays this way but, who knows?!

Navigating childhood with phones and social media is an absolute nightmare (or a hellscape a la JM). I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything better for your son. It's awful seeing them suffer and knowing there isn't really much you can do about it but try and support them through it. Sadly, our children are learning early on that life is cruel and people are awful.

Love Brian Butterfield, the artist formerly known as hongkonggfuey xx

PS I have an oval head leaning to rotund in these COVID times and I smell of Chole and cats. Triangulate me, baby.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.