Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely love 'jacking it all in' as a descriptor for every project promised by MxMonroe @GrunkaLunka šŸ˜‚I'm surprised she didn't at least review two of his books. Although am I really?

If we're doing weird politician crushes, mine would have to be Gordon Brown šŸ˜¶There's something about a quiet, yet confident, man.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
ā€˜Yepā€™ is such quitterā€™s talk.
Yep, Iā€™ve had my say, Iā€™ve caused a furore, Iā€™ve been written about in the Daily Mail, no less, and Iā€™ve made it All. About. Me. By the way, hereā€™s my sidenotes on poverty and eating out ha ha ha, arenā€™t I funny?

Gif: Hand clap.

Off topic: Donā€™t think KS is shorter than 5ā€ 1ā€™, so youā€™re golden, Grunka

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This is such a great thread title.

So, she seems to have just stopped talking about David Walliams now. She replied "Yep" to a tweet asking about the slag reference in Billionaire Boy but has seemingly quit the book reviews and campaign.
Is it another case of "Jacking it in" (Jeremy Corbyn gif where he looks to the camera) or has she been told by lawyers to leave it alone? šŸ¤”

Off topic, @heretoreaditall2019 I am here for all the short men. Keir would still tower over me, I'm only 5ft 1 (I'm sure I used to be 5ft 2, what happened?)
Maybe she's moving on to Roald Dahl. He's a better writer than Walliums by miles but he also has characters (including bad guys) who are fat for laughs so he's the natural next choice, no? šŸ¤”šŸ™„

Reactions: 18
Maybe she's moving on to Roald Dahl. He's a better writer than Walliums by miles but he also has characters (including bad guys) who are fat for laughs so he's the natural next choice, no? šŸ¤”šŸ™„
Nah she only likes to kick people when they're down or an easy target. Roald Dahl has been criticised but he is still a little too beloved. I'm surprised she's not gone after JKR tbh.

Reactions: 19
Nah she only likes to kick people when they're down or an easy target. Roald Dahl has been criticised but he is still a little too beloved. I'm surprised she's not gone after JKR tbh.
SB loves Harry Potter, apparently.

Reactions: 17
I'm glad to see her getting furious with the government again. Hoping that this will signal the start of another "political Jack" era. There is after all a politics book on the horizon. šŸ¤”

The good thing about having to ration the gifs is that we can just make them up now.

<insert gif where Maverick Tom Cruise puts on his sunglasses and then turns to wink at Keir Starmer, who is for some reason wearing his old gown and wig while looking very cross and sensible>

• Haha
Reactions: 51
@GrunkaLunka jacking it in is such a brilliant term for nearly all the false starts JM has ever had.

Did she ever get back to whoever it was about the school meals? The ouchy mouth cookbook?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This is such a great thread title.

So, she seems to have just stopped talking about David Walliams now. She replied "Yep" to a tweet asking about the slag reference in Billionaire Boy but has seemingly quit the book reviews and campaign.
Is it another case of "Jacking it in" (Jeremy Corbyn gif where he looks to the camera) or has she been told by lawyers to leave it alone? šŸ¤”

Off topic, @heretoreaditall2019 I am here for all the short men. Keir would still tower over me, I'm only 5ft 1 (I'm sure I used to be 5ft 2, what happened?)
She will be looking for her next victim. My guesses they'll be male, middle aged and successful in their fieldšŸ˜‚. Do you think she resents them for this reason?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Btw, I'm married to a middle-class man from a very working class area who can talk openly about sex without cringy innuendos, but only in a lowered voice and never without looking furtively around (yep, even if it's just us in our living room.)
I think it's the unspoken feeling that if you mention s-e-x your mum is about to walk into the room with the local vicar, a group of wide eyed toddlers and your spinster aunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I hope this isnā€™t too off topic because I do think itā€™s very important. Keir Starmer is about my height (5ft8) and his head is very big for his body. Heā€™s very intense in the face and as square jawed as he looks. I would absolutely bang him into next week. Heā€™s my MP and I feel truly blessed.

I know weā€™ve moved on a bit, discussion wise, but I have a very similar background to JM (even down to father in the fire brigade) and Iā€™ve always thought she was well spoken. Iā€™ve modified my accent over the years so I sound less ā€œEastendersā€.

Thereā€™s a good few details in there to help with triangulation! Iā€™m quite excited!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
She will be looking for her next victim. My guesses they'll be male, middle aged and successful in their fieldšŸ˜‚. Do you think she resents them for this reason?
Maybe Keir will be her next victim, for the above reasons coupled with the fact he keeps taking our attention off her!

Oh and @heretoreaditall2019 asking the important questions. He was just shorter than expected rather than noticeably objectively short. Iā€™m 171cm (a detail that may help the triangulators among us?) and he looked to be just an inch or two taller than me. Not that I got close enough to compare šŸ‘€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think she secretly (obviously canā€™t state publicly) supports JKR. I mean, she kinda supports her in her actions regarding her own trans behaviour. First she is lesbian, then non binary, then trans, then back to lesbian and boasting about her fantastic tits. I have avoided reading too much of the JKR issues but I think she is against medicalising gender re-assignment issues too early? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Of course, as usual, JM does nothing constructive or good for a group of marginalised and at risk people by flirting around between masks and blaming her poor behaviours on ADHD/autism etc.

Edit to add I forgot the straight phase where she conceived, I think, at least twice? Lost track completely now, to be fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think she keeps her head down about JKR because sheā€™s made such a mess of being trans/non binary/reverting to feminine/presumably jacked in being trans that sheā€™d walk into a lionā€™s den bigger than the pissed off vegans if she went there. Mind you I would LURVE to see it *heretoreaditallā€™s gif of the sniggering man*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I cant keep track of her lies.

Re: ADHD- I've been waiting a year for an assessment and god knows how much longer. Either she paid privately or made it up.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I think she keeps her head down about JKR because sheā€™s made such a mess of being trans/non binary/reverting to feminine/presumable jacked in being trans that sheā€™d walk into a lionā€™s den bigger than the pissed off vegans if she went there. Mind you I would LURVE to see it *heretoreaditallā€™s gif of the sniggering man*
Totally agree with you here. I have a non-binary friend who is very vocal about trans issues, and even they refuse to go down the JKR rabbit hole as they actually agree with some (not all) of her points but know they will get ripped to shreds by some of the more (I'm not sure of the word to use here...staunch? militant? I don't want to offend!) trans activists that it is better to stay out. So I think Jack would be very wise not to get involved in anything JKR based as she would be vilified beyond belief from my fairly limited knowledge of the JKR debate.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I am actually really annoyed about the whole Walliams thing. ( Possibly more than anything else she has done.) I mean she jumped on him with such angst, got her little minions to gang up on him, actually wrote to his publisher about delicate topics which turned out not to be as she claimed.

Now she has shut up and moved on to something else,because she got a ( non paid, remember) slot on a radio show to talk about something else.( More pointless 5 mins of fame)

Does she not realise that when you want to bring someone down, you don't just spout alot of crap off then get bored. You are hurting that person, potentially hurting their career and for what so you can get your name in the papers.

I'd actually have more respect for her if she was still publicly reading his books. It would actually tell me she was serious about the topic.

I don't understand her. How can you do that to someone and a fellow author too. How can she feel good when she has potentially tore down an author her son enjoyed.

It makes no sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think those factors play a huge part.

No way she'd go after JKR, she'd chew her up and I think Jack knows that.

Jack might give the impression of being this intelligent, articulate person in an argument, but the amount of errors she makes with using incorrect vocabulary/vocab in the wrong context speak otherwise. I used to have a boss just like her in that respect (also a massive narc), used lots of big, intelligent sounding words in order to dazzle and impress. This by and large succeeded and everyone thought he was far more intelligent than he actually was. But he was always cocking up and using the wrong words at the wrong time. She isn't as bright as what she makes out to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Morning/almost afternoon hausfraus. I was MIA yesterday. Finding her too exhausting to even talk about at the mo. I enjoyed the DKL piss-taking. ā€œOh look at that horse spunk lasagneā€ but lately she has just become a bully and itā€™s uncomfortable to watch as well as talk about. I needed a Tattle break!

Not surprised to see she has already run out of steam ā€œreviewingā€ DWā€™s books

<insert infamous Henry Hoover GIF>

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.