Jack Monroe #425 Looking gormless in an egg chair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing about JM that has really annoyed me (amongst the many) is that on one of AM's Twitter posts about JM was a picture that included a notebook that had cost her £32 or £34.... I just can't get over that....that amount of money for a notebook and she's telling people that £20 is enough to spend on a weekly shop....
With Jack, it's very much a case of "Do as I say, not as I do"

• Angry
Reactions: 41
These storepak boxes are available from Argos and Amazon so just been having a little 🕵️‍♂️

£150 2x moving storage box pack (20 pack) (£75 ea.)
£165 3x large storage boxes (10 pack) (£55 ea.)
£150 30x boxes on the right (estimate)
£57 3x rolls bubble wrap (£19 ea.)
Total: £522 ✍

So around 100 boxes (!) and the £££ figure sounds about right from my own experience (albeit not with quite that quantity but scaled up)
My full packing service moving from a 4 bed was cheaper than that and they provided the very nice boxes 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
but but! she must be moving to a one bed flat! she literally cannot lie and she's practising and everything!
Hey, that’s gone quiet too, hasn’t it? All that sleeping on the sofa, crashing in SB’s space when he’s not there. All forgotten and the squigs don’t notice.

Reactions: 45
I'm moving in three weeks from a one bed flat. I bought eight boxes from Ikea in a flap as I was struggling to find any. I've since managed to scrounge about five from work and a nice man on facebook has given me about another ten. Total cost: £12
Whenever I've moved house I've put kitchen equipment in my ( empty) kitchen bin, suitcases, bin bags and used the drawers from a chest that I have to store ornaments, CDs etc in and transported them that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hey Jack you middle class, tory coke hag. Your local Asda will give you crisp and frozen chip boxes for FREE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I wonder if the crappy bungalow is on Right Move with an available from date 🤔
Too late thrifty tip for Jack - look on your local Facebook community group for people who have just moved and are giving away packing boxes. And then pass them on again when you've moved.
Too much like hard work for Jack. What's the betting she'll have a team of poor sods doing all the packing while she comes down with an ouchy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Yes that is a puzzle. You'd think her parents would have asked how school was going at some point forcing her to confess.
But also being a good Christian with all those Christian Sunday school values and friendships she’d collected, you’d think Jebus would COMPEL her to confess no? I think god might be smiting her now, ailments, failed relationships, poor, falling down the stairs etc etc makes you think 🤔
any excuse to use my fave Jesus gif tbh 🤣 If I could shoe horn him into one of her slop photos I 💯 would 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
why would she accept old boxes that any old pleb might have had their grubby mitts on when she can have box fresh boxes and acres of virgin bubble wrap?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Hey, that’s gone quiet too, hasn’t it? All that sleeping on the sofa, crashing in SB’s space when he’s not there. All forgotten and the squigs don’t notice.
Oh no. What tripe of an Instagram post will you have manifested now? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yay, moving chaos ahead! Will it be:
a) Coops escaping from the new place
b) falling down a flight of stairs while carrying three boxes
c) losing the box with her meds in
d) radiator-related
e) new neighbours looking down on the poorest poor ever seen in their building but she makes them thumbprint cookies which they declare the best ever and give her a round of applause
f) all of the above
Place yer bets!

• Haha
Reactions: 102
I'm moving in three weeks from a one bed flat. I bought eight boxes from Ikea in a flap as I was struggling to find any. I've since managed to scrounge about five from work and a nice man on facebook has given me about another ten. Total cost: £12
This is the normal process for most people, for someone like Jack Monroe she has so much STUFF that it would be a months-long endeavour to scrounge up the neccessary boxes, she doesn't really have a choice but to just buy them. Then again she did have 6 months to move so 🤷‍♂️

On the flipside she could make the mother of all cardboard box forts 🤴

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Do you know anything about the new tenant, dear heart?

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Maybe she's building the one bed flat of her dreams with the cardboard boxes?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Something that strikes me with Jack is how the way she talks about her home(s) changes. One minute, the [definitely a] bungalow is amazing, beautiful, perfect, looks like Linda Evangelista, she'd buy it in a heartbeat. Next, it's awful, trashy, damp, literally killing her, she needs out as soon as possible but she's stuck and can't do anything about it. And I feel like that kind of frenetic back-and-forth about places has happened a few times over the years... And this hecking big downsize is alternately awful and she wishes she didn't have to, but also amazing and a great opportunity for her, and really exciting. I feel like I've seen that narrative switch a few times.

I had a mate like that - first off her flat was awful, crappy, damp, grim flatmates and rubbish landlord. But her next place was in a really great, middle-class, awesome neighbourhood. She was going to be so happy there because it was her own place and it was a super glam flat. And then she moved and suddenly within a few months it was a crappy neighbourhood, rubbish landlord, her hometown sucked. But listen, she was going to move to the suburbs, to this great new-build flat with an awesome friendly landlord and it was going to be great... And then within a few months...

You get the picture. The problem is always in the flat/home, and the answer is always the next move away. Or the next big purchase away. Or the next massive splurge of money and effort and attention... Like my friend, I think Jack hasn't realised that the sadness is coming from inside the house/herself. No amount of moving, buying and bragging will make her feel okay because the problem's her.

Anyway, those are my chipper Sunday thoughts for you all. Bit of a derail but the similarity of the pattern just occurred to me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 101
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is openly admitting to this being her 27th house move when she has spent the equivalent of a small house on designer clothes and homeware in the last few years. In the midst of this is a child living in absolute chaos.

The way in which she makes something as ordinary as moving house seem like THE GREATEST UNDERTAKING THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN should be studied. It’s as though she has a blind spot that thousands of other people do these things without fanfare every day. Whether it’s cooking a bowl of porridge or moving house, everything is carried out with the expectation that she should be admired and congratulated. These are basic adult tasks. It’s incredible.
OH and I have moved a hell of a lot of times since meeting 15 years ago (3 countries, 7 different counties in England). But as soon as we had children we tried our damn hardest to stay put to ensure they had some stability. I know it’s not always that easy when you RENT (and we’ve had our fair share of having to move as the landlord was selling etc) but we never moved for the sake of it. We also spent those years saving as much as we possibly could for a deposit so that we could buy a place (again, I know that’s not possible for everyone but we can see from the amount of shite she’s bought in the past years that it absolutely would have been possible for Jack).
And we also managed to move every single time, even across continents, without making as much as a bleeping fuss about it as Jack has.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Something that strikes me with Jack is how the way she talks about her home(s) changes. One minute, the [definitely a] bungalow is amazing, beautiful, perfect, looks like Linda Evangelista, she'd buy it in a heartbeat. Next, it's awful, trashy, damp, literally killing her, she needs out as soon as possible but she's stuck and can't do anything about it. And I feel like that kind of frenetic back-and-forth about places has happened a few times over the years... And this hecking big downsize is alternately awful and she wishes she didn't have to, but also amazing and a great opportunity for her, and really exciting. I feel like I've seen that narrative switch a few times.

I had a mate like that - first off her flat was awful, crappy, damp, grim flatmates and rubbish landlord. But her next place was in a really great, middle-class, awesome neighbourhood. She was going to be so happy there because it was her own place and it was a super glam flat. And then she moved and suddenly within a few months it was a crappy neighbourhood, rubbish landlord, her hometown sucked. But listen, she was going to move to the suburbs, to this great new-build flat with an awesome friendly landlord and it was going to be great... And then within a few months...

You get the picture. The problem is always in the flat/home, and the answer is always the next move away. Or the next big purchase away. Or the next massive splurge of money and effort and attention... Like my friend, I think Jack hasn't realised that the sadness is coming from inside the house/herself. No amount of moving, buying and bragging will make her feel okay because the problem's her.

Anyway, those are my chipper Sunday thoughts for you all. Bit of a derail but the similarity of the pattern just occurred to me.
I have a family member like this. It’s sad. They’ve moved house SO many times and genuinely seem to believe each move will magically solve all the problems. But like the saying goes; wherever you go, there you are.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
The way it’s absolutely covered in ads makes me uncomfortable. Seems quite, well… Jack.
I don’t agree, it’s obviously a few hours of work everytime they post and I think they would have had to pay for the domain too. It’s not like she’s put up a kofi link or tip jar. We still get it for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.