Jack Monroe #425 Looking gormless in an egg chair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's a lot of boxes for the contents of a 1 bedroom flat.

• Haha
Reactions: 82
Ey up! Someone’s been grunking the canal!
Do we think that’s in response to LJCs housewarming post?

That's a lot of boxes for the contents of a 1 bedroom flat.
How will Jack keep up the pretence up of living in a one bedroom flat when she does finally move? I mean we all know there is no way she’s moving to a one bedroom flat don’t we?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
When I moved house last year, I went to the supermarket and took loads and loads of cardboard boxes instead of buying them. But what do I know?
Let the heckin great big beg begin. There'll be something all people of conscience will be invited gently humbly to contribute to so she doesn't have to sell her knickers

• Haha
Reactions: 42

How will Jack keep up the pretence up of living in a one bedroom flat when she does finally move? I mean we all know there is no way she’s moving to a one bedroom flat don’t we?
I think she will miraculously find the perfect homeist home that ever was and she's so lucky it happens to be a two bed which weirdly is cheaper than any and all of the available one beds in the entire county. Or, be weasly and find somewhere with a separate dining room or a box room so it's technically a one bed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
You’d think as someone who has moved a millionty times she’d have boxes saved somewhere. Or be able to forage some from a supermarket.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
When I moved house last year, I went to the supermarket and took loads and loads of cardboard boxes instead of buying them. But what do I know?
You obviously need to work on your Patreon income, Laz. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 44
These storepak boxes are available from Argos and Amazon so just been having a little 🕵️‍♂️

£150 2x moving storage box pack (20 pack) (£75 ea.)
£165 3x large storage boxes (10 pack) (£55 ea.)
£150 30x boxes on the right (estimate)
£57 3x rolls bubble wrap (£19 ea.)
Total: £522 ✍

So around 100 boxes (!) and the £££ figure sounds about right from my own experience (albeit not with quite that quantity but scaled up)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is openly admitting to this being her 27th house move when she has spent the equivalent of a small house on designer clothes and homeware in the last few years. In the midst of this is a child living in absolute chaos.

The way in which she makes something as ordinary as moving house seem like THE GREATEST UNDERTAKING THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN should be studied. It’s as though she has a blind spot that thousands of other people do these things without fanfare every day. Whether it’s cooking a bowl of porridge or moving house, everything is carried out with the expectation that she should be admired and congratulated. These are basic adult tasks. It’s incredible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 112
Apropos of nothing but I’m watching All4 and every advert break is crammed with Cotswold company adverts.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
One thing about JM that has really annoyed me (amongst the many) is that on one of AM's Twitter posts about JM was a picture that included a notebook that had cost her £32 or £34.... I just can't get over that....that amount of money for a notebook and she's telling people that £20 is enough to spend on a weekly shop....

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 88

but but! she must be moving to a one bed flat! she literally cannot lie and she's practising and everything!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
27th house move tho?🤥 sounds like she's counting a few days dossing with mates as a move

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I'm moving in three weeks from a one bed flat. I bought eight boxes from Ikea in a flap as I was struggling to find any. I've since managed to scrounge about five from work and a nice man on facebook has given me about another ten. Total cost: £12

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Too late thrifty tip for Jack - look on your local Facebook community group for people who have just moved and are giving away packing boxes. And then pass them on again when you've moved.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.