Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they cancelled their Patreon after 2-3 months, so it's only about £20-£30 they went back. Jack could pay that easily, she's choosing not to because she's an impotent little tit who gets off on these rather pathetic power trips.
I think she spent that money on a kebab and fried chicken

Have none of these people heard of the butcher. You can buy as much mince as you want there, you can even say can i have what mince that will add up to 2 pounds. I know, my mum used to do it when she was skint.
Poor people are poor and stupid, dearheart. Didn't you know? They just bumble around, waiting for their instructions from Jack the saviour of the povs.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
It's a beautiful but also disgusting thread thanks to Jackslop. I was shocked at how bad my attempt turned out and I'm not a bad baker. But the other meals that have been tried are also proving to be substandard in a variety of ways. The thread is obviously a lot of fun but it's also a valuable experiment because we are proving that Jack's recipes are untested, don't work, waste food, fuel, time and money, are calorie deficient and completely inedible. It's a horrific waste of paper and ingredients to champion her fake recipes. The media are complicit cunts for enabling her shitslop.I bet she just sits there and googles random foods to pair with others. Or steals existing recipes to wildly tweak and pass off as her own. All untested of course. She has no clue about food or economy.
I have to agree with every word of this, dear heart.
the Lazarus pesto was low effort, high cost, unusable and untested (proof of this is that Jack didn’t cost it). If she believes all herbs are interchangeable, that is confirmation enough that she hasn’t attempted to make her own recipe of rosemary and thyme pesto.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
anyone who’s into or considering buying one and is looking for some inspo, “healthyfitbella” on IG does some amazing stuff. All her recipes are pretty fabulous and she now puts them all on WHISK which is a fabulous app that basically has every recipe from most platforms on there. There is also a planner and list facility on the Whisk app so you can export the ingredients to your list and just have it on your phone when you go shopping- I’m a paper & pen list gal myself cos one day my list may be left behind and picked up by Jack as she collects them dontyaknow

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Lots of people who watch cookery programmes, don’t cook! It’s entertainment. DH loves them, can’t cook.
MIL always watched the cooking segments on This Morning, never made anything. Her cooking was in line with Jacks, which is why I can’t bear to join in the slop-a-long.

Do we think Jamie’s kitchen is just in an outbuilding for filming, it’s not his real kitchen is it? See Jack, that’s how you do it.

Mix eggs, a handful of salt, cheese and a large cup of water in a pan. Cook the eggs in the cheesy watery mess. Serve the waterlogged, salty eggs on burnt cold toast, ruining the whole thing. Remember before to drain off the cheesy eggwater into a glass before and drink it 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
I have to say I am considering getting a chest freezer as mine is quite small so I struggle to batch cook. I wonder if this is how the descent into being a slop cooking grifter begins.
If you have the space and can afford it, it's worth getting one. Not just for batch cooking but also for taking advantage of good deals on items or yellow stickers that you wouldn't otherwise have the space to store.

Reactions: 28
Reflecting on the period of time where Jack has remained silent on the charities that received money from Teemill.
During the summer Jack donated, IIRC, £78 to a fellow grifter who was crowdfunding for her sons school uniforms. She also donated £270 to a crowdfund for a disabled guy in Edinburgh to buy his first house (he’s still receiving donations as recent as yesterday!).
I wonder if she used the Teemill money for this.

• Wow
Reactions: 55
What Jack won't acknowledge is everyone has different circumstances. From kitchen appliances to food budget to time to dietary needs. The "recipes" in her books are not the answer to everything, same as That Man's recipes aren't.

There is no one answer, a one size fits all solution. The tips That Man gives are more likely to be useful, as they can be used to adapt multiple recipes. Cooking programs aren't there just to show you that recipe - they are to inspire, and give ideas on how to make things suitable for your household.

Frozen mince - usually cheaper than fresh, and you can use exactly how much you need. No point suggesting that to Jack's followers as you'll get a pile on about being rich because you have a freezer!
Is frozen mince alright these days? I tried it years ago and found it quite grainy and not as tasty, but happy to try it again if it's improved

Reactions: 18
Thank you, I've added it to the list. The thing is, I basically want one I can do a rotisserie chicken and chips in. For, uh .... reasons.
Arriving from the recent past to also say air fryers are amazing (I’ve got a tower one) I have a slow cooker/electric pressure cooker combo too. It saves so much money using them not the conventional oven.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Realistically the £1 meals episode of Jamie’s thing was a spin off from the main series one pan. It shows he has such a repertoire that they were able to find 5 more recipes from his book and film them to create a different concept due to his versatility. And that is why channel 4 keep bringing him back.
his lockdown show was brilliant. Daily on his Facebook there are videos posted from his 20 odd year Tv career with various seasonal tips.

compare that to the slopathon thread and how tit Jack’s recipes are

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'm enjoying the pressure cooker chat. I fell for the slow cooker craze a few years ago but everything I attempted made the house smell like Monday's dinner in 1983 chez my parents. Does a pressure cooker smell?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What Jack won't acknowledge is everyone has different circumstances. From kitchen appliances to food budget to time to dietary needs. The "recipes" in her books are not the answer to everything, same as That Man's recipes aren't.

There is no one answer, a one size fits all solution. The tips That Man gives are more likely to be useful, as they can be used to adapt multiple recipes. Cooking programs aren't there just to show you that recipe - they are to inspire, and give ideas on how to make things suitable for your household.

Frozen mince - usually cheaper than fresh, and you can use exactly how much you need. No point suggesting that to Jack's followers as you'll get a pile on about being rich because you have a freezer!
Absolutely x

I mean, the clue is in the name "Universal Credit". Covering single mums on the bones of their arses and selling their lightbulbs, through to couples whose salaries just won't stretch far enough and need topping up.

As Jack should know, around 40% of people on Universal Credit are in work!

People with different kitchen appliances, different energy suppliers, different priorities and needs within their households etc. Oh, and not to mention all the different cultural backgrounds that Jack has barely shown any interest in.

Anyway, in the current dystopian nightmare we're living through, it's not just people who are poor, and/or who are on benefits, who are feeling the pinch, to different extents.

PS - Yes to Twitter being chucked in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm looking to get a slow cooker/crock pot today. But seems like many others have had the same idea 😬 Just looking online so many, in my price range and area, are out of stock.
Sign of the times I suppose.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I'm enjoying the pressure cooker chat. I fell for the slow cooker craze a few years ago but everything I attempted made the house smell like Monday's dinner in 1983 chez my parents. Does a pressure cooker smell?
No, not like that slow cooker smell. One of my friends describes it as 'swede water smell' so I know what you mean! I've got an instant pot which you can saute in before you set it to pressure cook. So you get normal cooking smells!

I'm looking to get a slow cooker/crock pot today. But seems like many others have had the same idea 😬 Just looking online so many, in my price range and area, are out of stock.
Are you able to get to a supermarket? Our local ones - Sainsburys/Asda/Morrisons have loads on the shelves.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just a note to be wary if buying online. I'm a member of a few groups and theyre reporting a lot of scams around for the instant pots. They're very much in demand and there's a lot of people out there taking advantage of it sadly

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
We have a foodi ninja, we got it with the money saved during lockdown, due to not having a life.

We have experimented lots with it. Recently we have boiled eggs in it and they came out chefs kiss.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Yeh an most ppl on a budget would rather eat cheap noodles and sandwiches multiple days a week to allow them a bit of what they fancy on another day. You have to have something to look forward to. Hate this patronising fantasy of everyone permanently chewing the cud of a smartprice kidney bean and crushed dreams stew
Crushed dreams stew-how long before Jack steals that? Or alters it into one of her beloved puns: crushed dreams n beans y’all?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If anyone is looking for different ideas for slow/pressure cookers then I can recommend giving Taming Twins recipes a try. I've made the chicken tikka masala, chinese beef and broccoli, easy beef curry. They've turned out really well using a pressure cooker. My son has issues with wet/soft food and he declared the chicken tikka 'banging' so had it for dinner and then his hot packed lunch for 2 days.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
We have a foodi ninja, we got it with the money saved during lockdown, due to not having a life.

We have experimented lots with it. Recently we have boiled eggs in it and they came out chefs kiss.
I ordered one of those and was reluctantly forced to send it back because we have no space for it 😞 they're huuuge!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I ordered one of those and was reluctantly forced to send it back because we have no space for it 😞 they're huuuge!!
Thats one of the things I noticed with some of them, they can have a large footprint, and we have a smallish kitchen. I'm currently on the hunt for a pressure cooker/multi cooker, so if anyone has any specific brand recs I'd be most grateful 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.