Jack Monroe #424 She’s as Greek as Prince William

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still no refund for Patreon squig. Jack must be really BUSY. God, do they want her to LITERALLY STOP BREATHING.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 10.56.07.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Has anyone following the slopalong taken the four day beans that serve zero? I have no desire to make them, I just still find it absolutely hilarious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Last year I bought an electric pressure cooker and I’m using it many times each week. Brisket is lovely and tender. See if you can get one, I promise you it will pay for itself and you will see an impact on your meter. Also great for batch cooking.
Me too! It’s the best - yesterday we did chili in it for chili dogs for bonfire night. Plenty left over for chili and rice tonight. You can fry the onions directly in it then pressure cooker the rest, leave it on warm to keep as you serve then stick the lid on once cooled and it can be kept for a day or two (or stick in boxes and freeze). Best thing I ever bought, use it 4-5 times a week easily. Tomorrow we’re trying Jamie’s £1 veggie messy lasagne. I love food but I’ve never once ever wanted to cook or eat a Jack creation and I think I TCC lost a lot of peoples interest because people who cook tend to like fresh ingredients and people with food bank tins are less likely to spend £20 on a book telling them how to eat - surely they’re just glad to eat.

I went to my local food bank yesterday to donate some Christmas presents (half price at Tesco on clubcard!) they do a weekly ‘shop’ for anyone who needs it - £4, or free with a referral - and you can pick say 7 tins, 2 dairy, 1 bread, 1 non food, 2 fridge 2 frozen and you can come twice a week. People never end up with food they don’t like or want as they choose it themselves. The lovely food bank people also were giving out candy apples to the kids and potted plants for adults. At Christmas they have Santa giving out selection boxes to kids whilst their parents shop and the gifts go to looked after children and emergency cases where otherwise they’d get very little. I find it very rewarding to see where my donations go (as Phoebe Buffay says there’s no true selfless act and I’m ok with that!)

Jack could do so much with her time and her reach for places like this. Shame she’s only out for herself. Oh sorry, forgot, she gave £280 of other peoples money after months of requests for clarity. What a saint.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
You have hit the nail right on the head there.

I pushed the boat out & got some brisket as family coming today & turned on my (electric) oven in readiness to pop in.

Took one look at the power usage on my smartmeter - which I only got in June, so this is the 1st time I've been aware of what I'm using.

Was horrified & switched it off. Am cooking the meat on the (gas) hob instead, but have worried about how much that will cost too.

Am now seriously rethinking what to cook in the future. Its terrifying.
I am going to repeat myself like a fool, dear heart - consider investing in an air fryer and/or pressure cooker.
I have both - a basket (small) air fryer for things like chips and chicken portions, a bigger one for roasting and baking, and an Instant Pot for all kind of things. I truly cannot remember the last time I used the regular oven. The difference in electricity usage is staggering: last time I checked, 30 mins @200⁰ was 55p in the oven and 23p in the big air fryer. I guess the next time I'll use the oven will be at Christmas. Maybe.😁

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Realistically if twitter went tits up I think it would have a positive effect on society. No more would ‘journalists’ be taking things off there and basing their news as actual reality.
I agree. Just nuke it from space. Every time I dip my toe in there I'm horrified. I've seen people I know to be intelligent and reasonable in real life, behave like an illiterate wart-nosed mob cheering on public hangings. It has far too much sway over politicians who treat it as a bellwether of public opinion when in fact it represents extremists of all types. And it elevates empty loudmouths like Jack who have far too much time on their hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I have to say I am considering getting a chest freezer as mine is quite small so I struggle to batch cook. I wonder if this is how the descent into being a slop cooking grifter begins.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I am going to repeat myself like a fool, dear heart - consider investing in an air fryer and/or pressure cooker.
I have both - a basket (small) air fryer for things like chips and chicken portions, a bigger one for roasting and baking, and an Instant Pot for all kind of things. I truly cannot remember the last time I used the regular oven. The difference in electricity usage is staggering: last time I checked, 30 mins @200⁰ was 55p in the oven and 23p in the big air fryer. I guess the next time I'll use the oven will be at Christmas. Maybe.😁
My sister got both an air fryer and a slow cooker recently, swears by both of them. I'm waiting for Black Friday to get an air fryer (though I think Iceland was recently doing a deal on them, £40 each and they looked pretty decent) and doing some research but choosing which one to get is HARD, there's so many and they all have their pros and cons. And I'm just incredibly indecisive.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm on UC and I always buy bigger/bulk where i can as its cheaper in the long run and lasts longer. A 5kg bag of rice, a 3kg bag of pasta etc. These people 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 57
My sister got both an air fryer and a slow cooker recently, swears by both of them. I'm waiting for Black Friday to get an air fryer (though I think Iceland was recently doing a deal on them, £40 each and they looked pretty decent) and doing some research but choosing which one to get is HARD, there's so many and they all have their pros and cons. And I'm just incredibly indecisive.
I have an Instant Pot Duo, so it’s an air fryer and pressure cooker combined. It’s been worth every penny of the cost (most of it was paid for using Shop and Scan reward vouchers saved up for several months).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I have an Instant Pot Duo, so it’s an air fryer and pressure cooker combined. It’s been worth every penny of the cost (most of it was paid for using Shop and Scan reward vouchers saved up for several months).
Thank you, I've added it to the list. The thing is, I basically want one I can do a rotisserie chicken and chips in. For, uh .... reasons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm also a pressure cooker frau and can understand why people get nervous about them, but they really do go a long way in saving time, especially on a weeknight when there's work fatigue. Jack could never though 😂 she'd blow a gasket before the gasket.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I am on UC (I work part time so UC tops up my wages) and I bought minced beef, sausages and bacon this week. Makes you think 🤔
This. I was on UC until a couple of months ago. Im not saying it was easy but I managed fine, I can't stand being patronised by the pearl clutching middle class who've no experience of it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
That’s the one I bought on a Black Friday deal. It’s brilliant for small households. I can’t remember the last time I used the actual oven for anything

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes! Got one recently as my daughter at uni has become a pro at using air fryer. I really think/hope the likes of That Man et al will be bringing out air fryer recipes

• Heart
This. I was on UC until a couple of months ago. Im not saying it was easy but I managed fine, I can't stand being patronised by the pearl clutching middle class who've no experience of it.
This. Also not they never tweet saying something like "my friend/neighbour/relative is on UC and they've said X is a problem". It's always some nonsense from their fevered pov fantasies. They're like overbearing mothers uselessly hovering about looking for reasons to intervene.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
View attachment 1706287
Yeah and was so heartbroken she was on Tinder looking for cock (preferably medical) and telling 570k of her nearest and dearest ~and us~ she was apparently about to marry someone else she’d never actually met barely 9 days later. Boo.
View attachment 1706268
View attachment 1706289View attachment 1706290
And…
View attachment 1706291
Still, life goes on… 👒 💒 👨‍🏫
View attachment 1706263View attachment 1706265
Oh PS she didn’t deactivate “for a bit” either cos she was gleefully posting about OH on 17th then HE LEFT on 19th. A Sunday when a grenade was tossed in her life (I looked up the day/date combo to be FORENSIC)
View attachment 1706269
View attachment 1706298T
W
A
T
(thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for all the Twitter screenies)
This is giving me minge cringe. How can Jack not see how pathetic she is?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I’m obsessed with my air fryer. I only put the oven on for cake, (and a sausage stew I will put in there this afternoon).
Its the kind of thing jack could be advocating. I know there is an initial cost but not every follower is on the bones of their arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I thought the SB checking her breathing scenario was after the shimmery black eye, where she tripped over her foot/dumbbell on floor and hit her eye on the tap/sink (depends which story you follow)? So she didn't say it was due to alcohol, but was implying concussion? Mithering ninnies may draw their own conclusions, but she was claiming to be sober.
Yes that is what I remember too. However some of us were suspicious at the time and suggested that if her tale was true, lack of sobriety might be behind it.

• Sad
I’m obsessed with my air fryer. I only put the oven on for cake, (and a sausage stew I will put in there this afternoon).
Its the kind of thing jack could be advocating. I know there is an initial cost but not every follower is on the bones of their arse.
I'd argue most of them are not.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.