Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
Imagine the below in the style of Joan Jett, Lita Ford or another cool lady rocker of your choice with Jack shredding it on the guitar and rocking out.

The updated 2022 version would be:

🎵A working class girl stealing food to survive
Eyes closed at roundabouts so still cannot drive
Blaming mummy and daddy that I cannot swim
Throwing slop shite together that’s really quite grim

Claiming multiple times I was a prozzy and whore
While I still hide from the bailiffs behind my front door
Said I was “almost” evicted, now it’s multiple times
And don’t fucking ask about that index of Vimes

Lived rough for two long years in the freezing and damp
Now I own a smol pig hat and THAT BLOODY LAMP 🎵
~faint howling harmonising wail of THAT BLOODY LAMMMP echoing somewhere on a street in laahndan~

and yes I did just try and triangulate the twatty thing yet again. 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Cantthinkofausername

Mums are still shamed for not spending 2 hours making something from scratch but my sons now 6ft3 after 15 years of potato waffles an chicken nuggets. All kids want the same shit
I wouldn't say all, my eldest loved roasts and spaghetti bolognaise (still does, lol), but he sure as hell wouldn't have touched any of Jack's recipes.
There's still a place for waffles and nuggets as well though, won't deny that.

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Thread's moving too quickly but someone said her time with Allegra prompted her transformation into a dickensian urchin and I agree with this so much. To be fair, it must have been heartbreaking to have experienced that lifestyle and then be dumped out of it back to normality. She was naive to move in with Allegra so quickly (especially with her son in tow) and I get the impression she was nothing more than an amusement until Allegra got bored / annoyed and sent her packing to rehab. I just get that impression from the dynamic between them, like Allegra is humouring an enthusiastic toddler rather than an equal partner.
OT (or at least dated, so spoilered) Huge shout out to past FORENSIC fraus

• Heart
  • Sick

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Thats one of the things I noticed with some of them, they can have a large footprint, and we have a smallish kitchen. I'm currently on the hunt for a pressure cooker/multi cooker, so if anyone has any specific brand recs I'd be most grateful 😊
Lakeland do an good little multicooker. Its their own brand. We had it before the ninja. Its quite compact but does great food.

Reactions: 18

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Can someone throw me a bone? 🤔
All this talk of Dr Martens, greets the reporter in her willow patterns but photographed for said article in her red ones

View attachment 1705172View attachment 1705150

I notice she claimed to get some leapord print shoes from Oxfam but we've only seen leopard print Joules, Nike Air Max and the Downing Street jobbies so far
I think interviews and photoshoots are often on different days.

I'll make the courgette chocolate cake, it looks awful and I'll be interested to know what adding the marmalade will do.

As an aside, she is obsessed with adding Apple sauce which is a very American thing
Is that from the 90% vegan era? Apple sauce is used as an egg replacement quite a lot.

Savethesauce

What Jack won't acknowledge is everyone has different circumstances. From kitchen appliances to food budget to time to dietary needs. The "recipes" in her books are not the answer to everything, same as That Man's recipes aren't.

There is no one answer, a one size fits all solution. The tips That Man gives are more likely to be useful, as they can be used to adapt multiple recipes. Cooking programs aren't there just to show you that recipe - they are to inspire, and give ideas on how to make things suitable for your household.

Frozen mince - usually cheaper than fresh, and you can use exactly how much you need. No point suggesting that to Jack's followers as you'll get a pile on about being rich because you have a freezer!
Is frozen mince alright these days? I tried it years ago and found it quite grainy and not as tasty, but happy to try it again if it's improved

The carlin

I’m so sorry that my comment made the thread take a turn for the worse.

On a lighter note (and still on the topic of ‘hands’ 🤔 too soon?) I absolutely borked when I read this in that Guardian article “Also, I’m very touchy-feely when I cook, so my son sees me with my hands in food all the time, sticking my fingers into pots and pans, tasting cake mix.”

Like….ewww…use utensils like a normal person you absolute meff.
I haven't heard meff in years 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Slop n slide

So everyone gets 100g of mushrooms each, swimming in an insipid tomato sauce. And that’s dinner? I’m sorry, but this recipe is my 2nd malnourishment aneurysm in as many days. If Jack goes to prison for her grifty ways and charity fraud, may she be condemned to eating her own slop in a government-led, country-wide economy drive implemented throughout all prisons, where meals are made from the recipe library of Jack Monroe.
At least in this scenario some of us fraus would be in gainful employment! 👩🏼‍🍳

• Haha