Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ScarlettOHaha

I’m guessing the double handed shot of that grey bilge means it’s from the Louisa smoothie bowl period? Or is it soup?

The colour matches no known foodstuff so I really can’t tell whether it’s sweet or savoury.
It could be the boiled down soap.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
(ETA if I understand correctly from reading their truly awful trustpilot reviews, Patreon pulls cash from you on the day you subscribe, but regardless of what day of the month that is, pulls your second payment from you on the first day of the next month, so if you subscribe on 29 Jan, you’ll have money pulled on 29 Jan and 1 feb too. Don’t take this as fact until clarified by Patreon expert fraus. WARNED.)
It depends on the Patreon. I signed up to one a few months ago and I had immediate and full access to the whole page but wasn't charged until the 1st of the following month.

Patreon offers several billing options:

1667546794425.png

1667546859555.png

1667546891864.png

1667546924733.png

• Heart

Whaa?

VIP Member
Re the Nigella & Jay Rayner quotes-is it good practice to recycle quotes from the past? Things change-loads of celebrities got it wrong about all sorts of people in the past (Savile for example, you’ll find loads of glowing praise for that ponce from others before his true colours became widely known). Obviously just an analogy but I’d have thought that it’s shady to recycle past statements. I only bought veganish because Nigella said it was great. It absolutely isn’t & I can’t believe she actually read any of the recipes
I just read what she said - 'these are wonderful and inspiring recipes' as opposed to Nigel Slaters more guarded and non-specific 'she understands what it is like to be skint and have the desire to put something delicious on the table'.

I think once someone has said it, it can be quoted. I googled a few articles about endorsements and they basically said it was good etiquette to ask for permission before using one.

She'd have to be honest about what she's done and make a genuine effort to make amends to stand any chance at all and I don't think she's capable of that. The other problem she's got is that she has no talent, if she were a really good cook, writer and/or presenter people would be more keen to welcome her back after a period out the limelight because they enjoy her work. She might be able to cling on to some sort of living from a small band of stans and people who've forgotten to cancel their payments for a while longer yet, she might even get the odd media gig simply by being available at short notice but overall I think she's finished.
Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

Soup or Noodle

I hate poetry but I don’t want to miss out:

Just look at this loser
A girl on the grunk
Can’t always
Keep up

It’s hard to
Sit tight

Always waiting

Contemplating the hopeful
Universal cancellation of the
Nefarious grifter which is not before
Time
You've written this for all of us ❤

• Haha
  • Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Whilst searching for something else, I found mention of her dehydrator

• Haha
Thank you, I've added it to the list. The thing is, I basically want one I can do a rotisserie chicken and chips in. For, uh .... reasons.
Arriving from the recent past to also say air fryers are amazing (I’ve got a tower one) I have a slow cooker/electric pressure cooker combo too. It saves so much money using them not the conventional oven.

• Heart

NeoCortex

Chatty Member
Last radio/TV appearance was 29th September, BBC Scotland radio. She seemingly arrived late and we learned that if you have foot problems, you should see a podiatrist rather than ringing into a radio station for help.

Meanwhile, slopline is still getting calls.

View attachment 1701731
*voms*

Cooking bacon has even less to do with bacon than that streaky nonsense yanks call bacon. Bleargh

• Sick

Moneypenny’sfreedom

twitter is full of attention seeking oddballs.
You have now hurt Elon’s feelings … anyone else had to mute his irritating posts?

I think a fair few ppl pretended to be her on socks but with the overwhelmingly negative attention on Twitter fewer are bothering. I really sense a downturn and even she isn’t bothering as much. I agree the debait one was her but some of the others seemed to impersonate her too much.

• Haha

That Forensic Man

VIP Member
Jack's mum's potatoes look roasted to perfection compared to Leggy's chicken. That bird could probably shuffle away if left unattended. View attachment 1702476
Just had a proper laugh at loud moment at this, that daft cooker makes it look like she's just pulled it out of a cupboard 🤣
It's about as cooked as if it had been as well
It's too early for this 🦉

Interestingly, March 4th IS the day Jack would have received her newly big patreon payout after Nigella boosted the numbers through Jan/Feb.
So she got her massive patreon pay packet boost and confused it with teemill profits then? Sounds about right 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 20