Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
She had been awfully quiet since the book drop. Did the advertisement not recieve the attention she or her publishers were hoping or is this the weekend of the bog/smol move. That came round quick, didnt it. Seems like only yesterday she was sadfishing about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

GriftyPixie

If by some miracle she did manage to pass such a course, she'd be droning on about how a tutor called her a whore and told her to shut her legs while the class chanted "NEVER AMOUNT TO
You see - this sounds
Maybe she is Jack!!! #conspiracytheory
This has genuinely crossed my mind. There’s so many parallels. The begging. The performative £20 food shop. The autism. The backstory. I had a look through the media section though and she does post photos of herself in hospital so I think she is a real person and not just a secret side hustle of Jack’s

Bugger13

VIP Member
Yeh an most ppl on a budget would rather eat cheap noodles and sandwiches multiple days a week to allow them a bit of what they fancy on another day. You have to have something to look forward to. Hate this patronising fantasy of everyone permanently chewing the cud of a smartprice kidney bean and crushed dreams stew
Crushed dreams stew-how long before Jack steals that? Or alters it into one of her beloved puns: crushed dreams n beans y’all?

• Haha

Clarends

Chatty Member
I have seen two different ads for Thrifty Kitchen. On one there are endorsements from Nigella and Jay Rayner, on others only Nigella. I wonder if Jay said NO.

Jacks pinned post features a cover with both quotes, as does Pan Macmillans website. Click through the 'pre-order' link to Amazon and Waterstones and the book cover has Nigella claiming Jack is a force for good in the world, not Jay enthusing about her brilliant and enticing recipes. 🧐.

eta Jack has pictured the actual book on her shelf, so time will tell if its a change on the cover that goes on sale.
Changes as late as this must be expensive. Serve the publishers right for not double checking. They are as bad as Jack.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I can’t remember where it was but I’ve seen Jack trotting out the old thing about how if you give children a range of foods from early on they won’t be fussy eaters. This is only ever said by people who haven’t had the experience of parenting a child who just will not eat anything other than a very narrow range of foods, no matter what you offer them.
I was 'given' a wide range of foods as a child, I have an odd diet as an adult. Once I was able to make my own choice of foods I decided to exclude all that I didn’t like

Serafina Pekkala

I think so too. It would get old as fuck very quickly your adult partner expecting you to indulge them like Spoiled Bastard from Viz.

View attachment 1705111
and
View attachment 1705113

I would LOVE to have a good old chat with Rosamund Urwin (she’s the one who also wrote the great “not my circus not my monkeys” article too). Pretty sure she has plenty of “thoughts” on Ol Bullshitter
Her later article for anyone who missed it. SHADE!!!
Dear Valio,
Thanks for these. Jack and Leggy make me cringe as much as Matt Goss...

Is this article the very origin of Chef's Kiss? 👨‍🍳💋

I am so happy to finally understand, it feels like the heady days of finding the Trifle Defender all over again 🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
Did you see the girl on the sofa?
You might have called her a loafer
Browsin on tattle
Did you see the girl on the sofa?

I should have done a different thing send rhymoes I am jet lagged
Keep wanting to sing these to the tune of Losing My Religion

• Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Was in Poundland earlier with my 5 year old, getting him yet more paints and brushes.

Saw this on the book section for £3!! Fair play to whatever publisher is pulling the rug from under Jack Monroe's feet by putting a low cost cooking book in a low cost shop at a low price. Fucking brilliant.

View attachment 1706697

Molly could do it via Amazon self publish....... 🤣🤣🤣
I found that in a puddle charity shop a few years ago. Nothing ground breaking, but some nice recipes that have broad appeal. Although - and this may shock the Matt fans - there is a recipe for a flavoured rice dish which involves a cup a soup mix! I know Jack has done this, trying to claim originality, but this book did it before her

• Heart

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
Fuck you Jack. I eat tacos with a knife and fork. Chicken wings and pizza too. Let your kid be himself. 'The idea is to get dirty' yeah I know you think it is, I've seen your hands.
But he's a working class wee lad, shouldn't he be scooping it up with his hands like peasants do?

• Haha

threetintender

I have an Instant Pot Duo, so it’s an air fryer and pressure cooker combined. It’s been worth every penny of the cost (most of it was paid for using Shop and Scan reward vouchers saved up for several months).
That’s the one I bought on a Black Friday deal. It’s brilliant for small households. I can’t remember the last time I used the actual oven for anything

• Heart

IcanSpellBéchamel

Chatty Member
I can imagine the visit to the accountants..
"Here you go, pal!" As she hands over an asda bag for life stuffed full of receipts, honking just like her kitchen 🤢
That happens a lot! People bring a bin bag of receipts, often unreadable, but only half the bank statements and no invoices.

• Wow

MissMarple10

I am going to repeat myself like a fool, dear heart - consider investing in an air fryer and/or pressure cooker.
I have both - a basket (small) air fryer for things like chips and chicken portions, a bigger one for roasting and baking, and an Instant Pot for all kind of things. I truly cannot remember the last time I used the regular oven. The difference in electricity usage is staggering: last time I checked, 30 mins @200⁰ was 55p in the oven and 23p in the big air fryer. I guess the next time I'll use the oven will be at Christmas. Maybe.😁
Yes! Got one recently as my daughter at uni has become a pro at using air fryer. I really think/hope the likes of That Man et al will be bringing out air fryer recipes

• Heart