Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I would love to see the receipts for this. 👀🤣🤣

I’ve never piped mash in my life, and I can cook, but why would you bother?
I remember I commented that the piping looked suss and not the sort of thing Jack would do. Someone else took on the mantle of finding the fish pie. It was ages ago, but maybe someone with ninja search skills can find the posts?

• Heart
Reactions: 25

overdueanadventure

Chatty Member
I’m really not sure how she’d write an autobiography. She contradicts herself constantly but it’s only because we have the receipts that it’s so obvious. How can she tell the truth about anything that’s happened to her more recently? Her relationship with Allegra? The one with LJC? There are real people involved with much higher profiles and much deeper pockets than she has.

And didn’t she say she was going to do a nutrition course at some point and it all come to nothing?

Her trust thermocline (thank you for that @RinsingHoops - so interesting. I follow that guy and my stupid algorythm meant I didn’t see that thread) has begun and there’s nothing she can do to stop it. She’s ripped off too many people for too long.

And where is Ralf Little these days?
He's not showing any Twitter activity since August. I think he's BUSY.

• Haha

Helatruralhome

Its all going a bit to shot for her at the minute. That book at the beginning of lockdown barely gets mentioned at all now. It may as wellvnot even exist. I can see this other one going the same way. People are already getting fed up with having to cut back to such extremes never mind getting a book telling them how to live boiling on soap ends to make sludgy smelly shower gel, or use hair from their hair brushes to stuff blankets and pillows.

Most people just want to be able to heat their homes and feed themselves without having to take out massive loans on top for their wages.
Yes it's not exactly an encouraging promotion of social mobility if you are choosing between heating and eating then a supposed successful 'celeb' like Jack then goes on about how she has to boil soap.

The carlin

I'm looking to get a slow cooker/crock pot today. But seems like many others have had the same idea 😬 Just looking online so many, in my price range and area, are out of stock.
Sign of the times I suppose.
Just a note to be wary if buying online. I'm a member of a few groups and theyre reporting a lot of scams around for the instant pots. They're very much in demand and there's a lot of people out there taking advantage of it sadly

• Wow
  • Sad

Observ@h

Oh I’m crying!! This has set me up for the day. 😂😂😂 She’s got such Jan from The Office US vibes with her poetry and songs- ‘Mommy you’re beautiful, Mommy you’re amaaaaazing!’ (For non viewers Jan is a vain narc who has laid down the backing track for a home video of her little girl and makes everyone watch it)
I absolutely love the Jan episodes, especially the later ones. When they spend ages teaching Dwight that women are just normal people, then they get to the meeting and Pam says, in horror, “It’s Jan! Forget everything we just told you.”

• Haha
  • Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
I think so too. It would get old as fuck very quickly your adult partner expecting you to indulge them like Spoiled Bastard from Viz.

View attachment 1705111
and
View attachment 1705113

I would LOVE to have a good old chat with Rosamund Urwin (she’s the one who also wrote the great “not my circus not my monkeys” article too). Pretty sure she has plenty of “thoughts” on Ol Bullshitter
Her later article for anyone who missed it. SHADE!!!
Omg I'm screaming at Spoiled Bastard from Viz. That's her.

• Haha
I’m still catching up, but just popping in to say that I’ll put myself down for the Red Mushroom Curry, if no one’s taken that yet. I am intrigued as to how it qualifies as a red curry, for a start (tomato paste FFS??), but also she calls it a “hot spicy little number” when it only has 1/4 tsp chilli flakes in it for 2-4 people.
Looks like Vlad’s been having the mushroom curry 😂

Attachments

• Haha

TheCat'sMother

Chatty Member
Yeah I love that she hates him and completely doesn’t understand that it’s ok to come from a place of privilege and talk about budgeting. Jamie comes from a food rich background and was genuinely shocked (bless him) to realise that wasn’t the case for everyone. He wanted to be a positive influence for change and knew people could eat well for less if they had the cooking skills. His 5 ingredients book is absolutely brilliant and so much is genuinely interchangeable so you can use up fridge gubbins. Jack is clueless.
You are so right. Jamie likes & understands food, & what is delicious & good for you.

He's a natural on screen & ad libs with really interesting tips all the way through.

Unlike the Slopmeister. :sick:

• Heart

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
You have hit the nail right on the head there.

I pushed the boat out & got some brisket as family coming today & turned on my (electric) oven in readiness to pop in.

Took one look at the power usage on my smartmeter - which I only got in June, so this is the 1st time I've been aware of what I'm using.

Was horrified & switched it off. Am cooking the meat on the (gas) hob instead, but have worried about how much that will cost too.

Am now seriously rethinking what to cook in the future. Its terrifying.
If you can, buy a cheap slow cooker, and use that, it's great for brisket that needs long slow cooking.

If you are over 65, or getting certain benefits Salford council have had a scheme where you could claim a free slow cooker or an electric blanket so if you fit either of those categories it may be worth checkinf if they are offering something similar where you live.

I ordered one of those and was reluctantly forced to send it back because we have no space for it 😞 they're huuuge!!
I've got an ninja XL grill and they are huge, but I use it all the time, cooked a full roast dinner in it (apart from the mash and peas) and it's much cheaper and quicker than using the oven.

• Heart

Country Bumpkin

Chatty Member
Just imagine the size of the pyramid if she was buried with all her possessions like the pharaohs? And archaeologists in the future trying to make sense of it all-‘we seem to have uncovered the tomb of a furniture maker with a penchant for sideboards in particular and an obsession with possessions-we suspect this was a woman alive during the 80s as her style is both profligate and in bad taste’ #1978Truther
That would be this archaeologists aneurysm

• Haha
  • Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Speaking of terrible Xmas recipes, have newer frauen seen the bizarre sparkler pud with angle grinder soundtrack? That was bonkers.
I think the “birthday pancakes” covered in plumes of glitter dust (pretty sure they had sparklers shoved into them too?) take some beating. Just trying to imagine how they would have tasted, and how much water you’d need to choke down all the dust.

LOL silly me I’m sure they went straight into the bin.

• Haha

JJusa69

VIP Member
Off work today & catching up on here & on recorded programmes on my telly.

Watching THAT MAN & his wonderful £1 Wonders show.

Not only does he deliver tasty economical dishes, he's handing out tips to save fuel as well.

Who needs slop, eh Jack?
It must be killing her to not snark tweet about it all

• Haha

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
I was curious about this too, so I Googled it. It's recommended as an egg substitute in a fair number of vegan/vegetarian dishes, which is maybe why she uses it so much. However, that's no guarantee that she's actually tried it 🤣
In that courgette cake you can either use apple sauce or marmalade??? Two very different things that would work in very different ways in a cake

So it is an actual picture of something she has cooked/ made???😳😳😳
I believe it was mushroom soup if my memory serves me correctly

• Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
That happens a lot! People bring a bin bag of receipts, often unreadable, but only half the bank statements and no invoices.
Do accountants not charge extra for that?

For my accounts it's a quick data export from the company account, every transaction is in a category and with a description. Takes me an hour to go through to check and calculate how much tax I think is due before sending. Then accountants usually question one thing and it's all done the next day.

Helatruralhome

Saw this and wondered if one of her fans will gift this to her?

The Joy of Writing a Great Cookbook: How to Share Your Passion for Cooking from Idea to Published Book to Marketing It Like a Bestseller Amazon product

• Haha

hoopdedoo

VIP Member
Looking at the prices for tinned goods that were quoted in the previous thread and comparing them to the prices here.....LJC. The tinned tomatoes that Jack recommends must be one little tomato all by its lonesome in a ton of juice. No wonder her recipes involving tomatoes are so sloptastic.

• Haha