Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uh oh, she's starting to get snarky on the haunted bird app with those who are questioning her maths. Apparently it was OK to say the Teemill money went to multiple food banks because the TT is a network of food banks.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 93
I'm very new here but if you don't have enough people to cover them all then I'm happy willing to volunteer for the slop-a-thon. I'm vegetarian though 🔺 so it will need to be a non-bollock one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Frauen, I subscribed today to something that, unlike Jack’s Patreon, has proved already worth the money. The Blocked and Reported primo episode about Jack is so satisfying to listen to, because here are two intelligent reporters completely outside our sphere, from the US and Canada I think, who respond to the basic facts about Jack’s contradictory claims with immediate laughter and scepticism.

If you present the stories she’s told and excuses she’s come up with to an independent observer who knows nothing about her, Nigella, the ONS, Katie Hopkins and Sainsbury’s, let alone all the minutiae — they haven’t even heard of Weetabix on this podcast — they see through it instantly. Even when they’re trying to interpret it generously, she seems like an obvious grifter.

It’s really worth a listen if you can. I’m just sorry and a little surprised that it didn’t have a greater impact.
I’ll be honest, the introduction snippet I heard really did nothing to make me want to hear more. I’m very, very neutral on the topic of gender. I’ve learnt loads on this site and come to the opinion that I’m almost opinionless on it. Anyway, even with my neutral stance, I found them to be a bit too GC to make it seem balanced. I also found the whole thing to be a bit ‘American’ for me.
I’m glad you enjoyed it though. Sorry, I didn’t mean for my comment to seem like such a critique! Did you learn anything new, or hear anything in a different context and go ‘oh my!’?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Uh oh, she's starting to get snarky on the haunted bird app with those who are questioning her maths. Apparently it was OK to say the Teemill money went to multiple food banks because the TT is a network of food banks.
Already deleted

2ED1B40F-51A0-4F4B-B021-60BD85CA02D7.jpeg

We see you, Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 125
Screenshot_2022-11-01-18-08-45-11_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

The way her profile pic covers part of the new banner it's like her subconscious is trying to tell her something 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 171
I've had an amazing canal idea. We each pick a recipe and have a month of jackslops where we cook and review them one by one.
I volunteer as tribute.

if nothing else we can prove how terrible her slopicies are. @Yel can pull them out of a hat for fairness. I don’t eat fishies tho so I can’t do any cooking in defrosted juicies.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Engagement seems low on the Thrifty Grifty Kitchen book tweet doesn't it? posted 7 hours ago & 2k likes & 20 comments doesn't seem much. I'm not too familiar with twitter but hear the 1/2 a million followers mentioned a lot so assumed a post about her actual work (not twatting on about retro ice creams etc) would get a bit more attention.
Also, slowly realising why her VBI nonsense wont die, it would seem that her followers are thick as mince & love this pointless performative tit. Comment on her 'come shop with me' pitch/not pitch:
"Maybe 1 family from each of the 4 nations to show the disparity between them?" HOW UTTERLY ENLIGHTENING THIS WOULD BE!!! (not enlightening in the slightest & also, what???)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
This. Plus, like many narcissists she’s a greater imitator. Her writing style is a derivative mish mash of Caitlin Moran, Sylvia Plath, Marya Hornbacher, Elizabeth Wurtzel and maybe a bit of Marian Keyes around the edges. At a superficial read it sounds intelligent and emotionally affecting and searingly honest and all that jazz. But actually, it’s cheap imitation and emotional manipulation.
Yes. She has a wide vocabulary, but she doesn’t know what half of the words mean, so it’s counterproductive.

Just to say, I’m willing to try a recipe from the new book. If someone gets a hold of a copy, please feel free to assign me choice of vegetarian recipes and I’ll give one a try.

Reactions: 40
I've had an amazing canal idea. We each pick a recipe and have a month of jackslops where we cook and review them one by one.
My dear, you inspired my canal nom de guerre after your astonishing sacrifice made in our name. I would join the slopalong in a heartbeat, had I not just now burned my kitchen to the ground out of fear. Obviously I don’t have any insurance, because that’s for the middle classes only. Mr 3TT and I are dining on fallen leaves and foraged moss which I would much rather eat than a peach and chickpea curry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Jack Monroe teaching us all how to spend less

Refund your Patreons, that will help them spend less

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Yes. She has a wide vocabulary, but she doesn’t know what half of the words mean, so it’s counterproductive.

Just to say, I’m willing to try a recipe from the new book. If someone gets a hold of a copy, please feel free to assign me choice of vegetarian recipes and I’ll give one a try.
I reckon she was also a fan of misery lit as a teen, you know stuff that was popular in the late 90s like A Child Called It and Angela’s Ashes. Overwrought tales of CA and misery, many of which turned out to be vastly exaggerated or outright lies. I can well imagine little Jack devouring these types of “literature” and learning that if you want to manipulate people, you have to elevenerife them on the trauma and emotional pain scale…it also makes people too afraid to criticise you.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I’ll take one for team as long as there are no bollock sausages (degloved or not), or spam involved! 🤢 x

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Tip jar and Donate links still working fine though. Yeah, the two separate things you can click on to give her your cash. Both go to the PayPal. So just the shop that’s down.

So the Patreon rewards tiers with discount codes this month-ie all of them? You can’t use it BUYING more of her crap, but you CAN give her more of your cash for duck all.
@Valiofthedolls the 'artonabootstrap' bigcartel shop is down but the 'jackmonroe' and 'heatherandjack' ones are still up.
I don't think I knew about the artonabootstrap one so hadn't archived it (how many ventures did she start jeez).

I'm just sat here absolutely AGHAST at the sheer brass neck on her. Imagine thinking she could put out two statements the day before she announces that pre-ordering of her new £20 book is open, and that those statements would scrub everything so she can carry on as if nothing's happened. She's a clown, and she takes everyone else for clowns.
OIC book available for pre order today. Bit late on the old clear up love.
@Veronicaaa @Ablemabel it's been available to pre-order since 5th October which was 3 months before launch on 5th January. I was wondering when she'd start touting it on twitter.

I wonder if the book will only be released in ebook format?

Who on earth would be interested in spending actual cash on a physical copy of something written by someone who has pretty much just come out and said: "I am tit with money"
It's on Amazon as hardback or kindle but already knocked down to £9.99, ouch
I noticed that the blurb states "Jack is working on a new price index, The Vimes Boots index, to measure the cost of basic foodstuffs and inflation as it affects those on the lowest incomes." so that explains why it's copied in her twitter bio.

1667324438683.png

Sorry if any of this has been discussed already, I've been BUSY

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Yel

A slopalong does sound fun, created a wiki page to organise (somehow?)

I'll do anything veggie, but if the recipe calls for smart price margarine I will be an ass and replacing it with butter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
I'm up for a cook along as long as I don't get a savoury dish with tinned bloody fruit in it because that is my aneurysm.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.