Jack Monroe #423 The only TV show Jack Monroe needs to be on is Crimewatch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's getting very little engagement (from half a million halfwits) to her Grifty Slop Kitchen teaser.
No blue ticks cheerleading for the Pint Sized Ponzi Princess - it finally feels like a turning point :)
I know it’s early but lol and thread title nomination.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Frauen, I subscribed today to something that, unlike Jack’s Patreon, has proved already worth the money. The Blocked and Reported primo episode about Jack is so satisfying to listen to, because here are two intelligent reporters completely outside our sphere, from the US and Canada I think, who respond to the basic facts about Jack’s contradictory claims with immediate laughter and scepticism.

If you present the stories she’s told and excuses she’s come up with to an independent observer who knows nothing about her, Nigella, the ONS, Katie Hopkins and Sainsbury’s, let alone all the minutiae — they haven’t even heard of Weetabix on this podcast — they see through it instantly. Even when they’re trying to interpret it generously, she seems like an obvious grifter.

It’s really worth a listen if you can. I’m just sorry and a little surprised that it didn’t have a greater impact.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Porridge for breakfast, groundbreaking. Still awaiting the details when she arrives back from the school run. She does even do a school run. The shite goes on, eh?

Of course she does the school run and she walks behind him, even though it’s in a totally different town to where she lives (and would take hours?!? Sorry don’t know the town or the geography of the area)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I hate how she tries to infantalise herself to bring out her head fans protective side. Taking about herself being naive and over enthusiastic, banging on about her teeny tiny self fitting in her kids clobber. She's not some waif model, she's a grown arse woman reliant on photoshop for any wash of cute. Woman on twitter i followed did the same nauseating thing- always talking about her 'tummy' and 'boobies' and how her ickle wickle arms couldn't carry her shopping. Do they imagine the neckbeards are snapping it off in a frenzy of paternalism and desire? Fuckin cranks.

It pisses me off and as a couple of us touched on in previous threads, is very upsetting and potentially triggering to those with eating disorders.

Having weighed 6 stone at 5ft7, it is not some cutesy bragging point to not be able to do basic adult tasks. It’s embarrassing and interferes with your life daily, even when you have supportive and understanding friends and family around you.

As for the neck beards who find this appealing/attractive;
it rhymes with Nonce

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Completely agreed. Jack Monroe performing on video going “duck the Tories”, in her MC generic south-east England accent, at that awards thing finished me - she’s such a metropolitan elite luvvie wannabe.

I’ve got a substantial vocabulary, and in some ways (including my work niche) I’m a hell of a lot smarter than the average bear … but I sound like a cross between Stacey Solomon and Lauren Goodger 🔺 so nobody is going to mistake me for anything other than what I am, which is an Essex commoner 😉 (Also, plenty of people in my work sphere don’t take me seriously because of how I sound, and are genuinely surprised when they realise I’m quite clever). Jack has almost the reverse going on, in that, largely because of her accent and flowery prose (IMO), people think she’s far more intelligent than she actually is.
It's quite common with narcissists for them to appear intelligent, only for that not to be the case once you really scratch the surface. It's part of that charm they put on, tied in with the arrogance and grandiose sense of self. They will deliberately choose long or complex words to give the impression of intelligence, particularly when in the company of people that will likely not understand those words. Whereas an actually intelligent person will adapt their language according to the audience, so their point is understood, the narc cares only about how they look to the audience. They would rather try to dazzle them with their language and convince them they are superiorly intelligent. You often find that they end up using words in the wrong context because of this, or in Jack's case, because she really isn't very bright, invent words entirely! It's why she makes so many errors in her writing (macro 🤭), and why @traumatised sideboard has collated a lovely Jacktionary for us. She's always trying to give the impression of intelligence and knowledge she doesn't have.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
Of course she does the school run and she walks behind him, even though it’s in a totally different town to where she lives (and would take hours?!? Sorry don’t know the town or the geography of the area)
Why does the porrdige look like the pants of a lady on a heavy period who is also suffering from a bad yeast infection? Its a no from me pet!🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I also can’t do the recipe challenge as I am afraid I can’t read or write. Will have to wait for the audio book.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Also it also really is lesson learned that hard eay, if she had of spent less time being spiteful towards her dissenters she could have sorted this mess out earlier. She is an absolute fool!

Reactions: 35
Wonder how many recipes are slimming world knock offs and tips are from unsuspecting advice comments off twitter in her new book. All under the guise of ‘I already do that’ and ‘that’s a favourite recipe here from 1841 before anyone could have even imagined it’

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Who remembers Jeffrey Archer? Lied about his education, over-stated his achievements, went into politics, wrote tit books (possibly plagiarised), and there was some very shady stuff about charity money that was supposed to have gone to support displaced Kurds. He was caught out by Baroness Nicholson.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I have laughed heartily at the Frau recreations of slop but I'm such a bloody tight arse I get angry if I spend money on anything that isn't as tasty as the money paid. It actually makes me upset and furious.

All of our recipe testers are such lovely chill funny people and I'd just be like 🤬🤬 Monroe this 🤬🤬🤬 chickpea 🤬🤬 tit and be raging about it for days after

• Haha
Reactions: 61
It's quite common with narcissists for them to appear intelligent, only for that not to be the case once you really scratch the surface. It's part of that charm they put on, tied in with the arrogance and grandiose sense of self. They will deliberately choose long or complex words to give the impression of intelligence, particularly when in the company of people that will likely not understand those words. Whereas an actually intelligent person will adapt their language according to the audience, so their point is understood, the narc cares only about how they look to the audience. They would rather try to dazzle them with their language and convince them they are superiorly intelligent. You often find that they end up using words in the wrong context because of this, or in Jack's case, because she really isn't very bright, invent words entirely! It's why she makes so many errors in her writing (macro 🤭), and why @traumatised sideboard has collated a lovely Jacktionary for us. She's always trying to give the impression of intelligence and knowledge she doesn't have.
This. Plus, like many narcissists she’s a greater imitator. Her writing style is a derivative mish mash of Caitlin Moran, Sylvia Plath, Marya Hornbacher, Elizabeth Wurtzel and maybe a bit of Marian Keyes around the edges. At a superficial read it sounds intelligent and emotionally affecting and searingly honest and all that jazz. But actually, it’s cheap imitation and emotional manipulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I've had an amazing canal idea. We each pick a recipe and have a month of jackslops where we cook and review them one by one.
I don't want that kind of toxic waste mess in my little kitchen :(

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
It would take many hours if walked, but she’s close to a train station that’s about 25 mins away from the town where the school is. I don’t think the school is all that close to the station. Let’s call it 60 mins one way door-to-door if walking to and from stations.

Jack would then have to get her Mediterranean arse home because what else is she going to do with her day except spend it in her crappy bungalow lovely big detached house? So about a 2 hour school run using public transport. With a 12-year-old. Who will definitely 100% want his cringey mum chaperoning him on the train. Nope. On the list of all the Jack lies I’m not buying, the idea that she does a school run is pretty close to the top.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I've had an amazing canal idea. We each pick a recipe and have a month of jackslops where we cook and review them one by one.
I'm happy to support the canal behind the scenes à la Jack (i.e. not get involved at all)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I have laughed heartily at the Frau recreations of slop but I'm such a bloody tight arse I get angry if I spend money on anything that isn't as tasty as the money paid. It actually makes me upset and furious.

All of our recipe testers are such lovely chill funny people and I'd just be like 🤬🤬 Monroe this 🤬🤬🤬 chickpea 🤬🤬 tit and be raging about it for days after
I’ll put you down as a maybe x

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 119
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.