Jack Monroe #420 You're not an economist. You're a smart price fantasist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, well, well. Will Jack be ripping cans open with her BARE hands and throwing things against the WALL because mum is STEALING her WORK?

Doubt it. Also my worklog has like 3 hours total work for the month and none of it falls under the umbrella of campaigning and "doing good". No interviews, no recipes. Meanwhile newspapers, TV shows and magazines are doing countless stories on budget cooking.
Mom being all up in Jack's niche has made my morning! I cackled! I love her being described as Ocado's answer to Jack Monroe, what was the selection criteria? We want a Jack Monroe but one that can cook and write and isn't quite as fond of snow and lying?

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Re: VBI, am I right in saying people sent cash to her when this all blew up? As a way of supporting the very important work she was doing on it? In which case if it was canned she might have some explaining to do.
This was when Nigella stuck her oar in and asked people to sign up to her patreon. To free her up for this vital work - the VBI 🙄
Sigh.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I wonder how the real Caroline With Hands feels about Jack (maybe) STEALING HER IDENTITY to try and infiltrate the Fraus.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Maybe Caroline was scared away because of our deviant interest in her hands.

Also does Jack know that she could get some Botox in her gums to stop the fleshy acre appearing rather than keep trying to get filler to cover the mile?? I’m sure you can do that now not that it even matters it doesn't seem to bother the horses. (Yes I am a witch what of it)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I really dislike HoG. Feels so smug and just the usual rotated BBC guests. 😴
Watched it once for the first-time just last week, was staying late at work to finish something off and avoid rush-hour tube 🔺 so just killing time. Utter tosh, same old Avalon guests from every other show. Zzzz.

On topic, Monterey Jack:

" Monterey Jack, sometimes shortened to Jack, is a Californian white, semi-hard cheese made using cow's milk. It is noted for its mild flavor and slight sweetness."

She bleeping wishes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I wonder how the real Caroline With Hands feels about Jack (maybe) STEALING HER IDENTITY to try and infiltrate the Fraus.
What if Jack's 'date' was with Caroline? If the Patreon issue has escalated they would definitely have things to discuss. Maybe the thought of being thrown under the bus prompted her to come here.

Yes, I know...wishful thinking :(

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Does anyone have a photo of the suspected Calvin Klein rug? I think this is it but there's a few similar. Not sure why some CK rugs are £49 and others are £1500 though :unsure:

1666775545338.png

Reactions: 20
Does anyone have a photo of the suspected Calvin Klein rug? I think this is it but there's a few similar. Not sure why some CK rugs are £49 and others are £1500 though :unsure:

View attachment 1679341

I think a Frau 🔺 it’s as a John Lewis rug around £200ish but my memory isn’t great

• Wow
Reactions: 28
To be fair to Jack I’ve googled and there are many dyslexia sites saying speech can be impacted and others which day it isn’t. It looks like she could be right.

Also I’m glad I didn’t stay up for much of Jack’s little visit last night. A bigger anticlimax than titmus!
Student DSA Assessor here 🔺 It’s definitely the case that some people with dyslexia can struggle with reading presentation notes or cues (especially with the pressure of being in front of an audience) and it can also result in the occasional incorrect word. I’d normally recommend lecturers take this into account when marking a dyslexic student on a presentation.
However, I haven’t watched Nadine’s speech and you wouldn’t normally expect a sentence to be completely incomprehensible, so I’m wondering if the Dyslexia Assessor was insinuating that she appeared to be under the influence of something?
Not to mention the fact that Nadine is (supposedly) a seasoned politician with plenty of experience of public speaking. Also there’s plenty of people with dyslexia who are very verbally articulate and excellent public speakers, everyone with dyslexia has their own set of strengths and challenges. This is something that Jack seems completely unable to get her head around re autism and ADHD, and as an ADHD Frau myself, it totally grates my mushrooms.
Edit: 🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm gutted I missed this while I was doing stuff WITH OUR KIDS who we don't share a bedroom with. Anyone got a link or is it gone?
Page 44, post 419. 10:56 pm.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.