Jack Monroe #420 You're not an economist. You're a smart price fantasist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's half term in England which is always a good time for trolls, and there's enough in the Wiki for someone to pretend to be one of the dramatis personae of the Jackiverse.

Caroline of the Hands would have known about Tattle Life before now, surely, and I notice that the account has been deactivated, rather than just had the privacy settings tightened.
I'm gutted I missed this while I was doing stuff WITH OUR KIDS who we don't share a bedroom with. Anyone got a link or is it gone?

Reactions: 22
Congrats to @Falkor and @Emmapism for the marvellous thread title. You each win one of Caroline's hands.

Well, in the last thread, Caroline herself may or may not have turned up to dish the dirt on the slops. Canal consensus appears to be that it was not Caroline at all, but possibly the slop goblin herself making mischief.

Go well, pals x
Didn't I nominate that too? Do I get one of Caroline's feet?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
'I have not ever told people what to do, I have only shown them what I do in the hope it may be helpful', followed by pages of ingredients costed by the penny or gruesome looking dishes covered in ketchup or black pepper and parsley.
Plus the "money saving" tips which at best involve a significant initial outlay for no benefit (boiling soap to make shower gel, or using solar lights indoors), or at worst are actively dangerous (unscrewing light bulbs risks leaving a live socket, and the risk of injury in the gloom).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Re: VBI, am I right in saying people sent cash to her when this all blew up? As a way of supporting the very important work she was doing on it? In which case if it was canned she might have some explaining to do.

Could she even suggest handing it over to anyone else and saying ‘here’s where I got to’? She did suggest she had a team of volunteers working on it, including, IIRC, Spaniel Friend.
I’m sure, certain actually, the ONS would be grateful for her research and the receipts that show cheese slice* £1

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Well, you go to bloody bed and miss CarolineHands only to discover it’s actually BoredAtHomeJack.

I REFUSE to stay up late in case Iqbal turns up. But if he does, one of you Fraus better text me. WARNED

• Haha
Reactions: 63
I think she thinks she has actually done the VBI. She thought of it, she spent 10 furious minutes tweeting about it, she argued with an actual economist and did 5 minutes of JackMaths. That’s a job well done in her eyes.
Imagine if she did a days proper work for a change, volunteered at her local food bank, worked in her beloved Asda (of which she would be made section leader of the whole store within minutes of arriving), or maybe worked at mcdonalds and saw how actual half decent food is made for a change?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So date went well then if she supposedly came on here too stir up trouble. Next time pet.
I don't think she stirred up trouble at all. I'm sure we were all amused by it weren't we? I know I was. Equally amusing that the sad cow came on here to try because she didnt get a shag at the end of the "date"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I don't think she stirred up trouble at all. I'm sure we were all amused by it weren't we? I know I was. Equally amusing that the sad cow came on here to try because she didnt get a shag at the end of the "date"
I didnt mean it badly. Lol. I just mean't that's what she thought she was doing, rather than go for another all night burger. Wonder if her date turned out like when Rachel when out with Jon lovitz in friends. I bet she was the jon lovitz character though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I didnt mean it badly. Lol. I just mean't that's what she thought she was doing, rather than go for another all night burger. Wonder if her date turned out like when Rachel when out with Jon lovitz in friends. I bet she was the jon lovitz character though.
Oh my god perfect.
ADF072AC-F6D6-4CD0-8A12-BF463A2A3BB6.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I love when people think they’ll rile up the sad little hausfraus who don’t have a life other than bitching about Jack Monroe online by creating an account that shows they’re deep in the JM lore themselves and it’s like
E3D0CB70-FFA1-426C-8155-49E801C6AE6F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
What's with the Monterey in her Twitter user name? Apologies if it has been discussed already.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well that was a read, I went from excited to suspicious, to meh in the space of 20.minutes with the Caroline hands imposter

It was like a bad one night stand.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.