Jack Monroe #420 You're not an economist. You're a smart price fantasist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @Falkor and @Emmapism for the marvellous thread title. You each win one of Caroline's hands.

Well, in the last thread, Caroline herself may or may not have turned up to dish the dirt on the slops. Canal consensus appears to be that it was not Caroline at all, but possibly the slop goblin herself making mischief.

Go well, pals x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 129
If it was Caroline with the Hands she will be getting a cease and desist toot suite.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Congrats to @Falkor and @Emmapism for the marvellous thread title. You each win one of Caroline's hands.

Well, in the last thread, Caroline herself may or may not have turned up to dish the dirt on the slops. Canal consensus appears to be that it was not Caroline at all, but possibly the slop goblin herself making mischief.

Go well, pals x
You did a swell job, pal. Especially with the thoughtful prize. 🖐 🤚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I know it was probably bollocks, but I love it when we get guest stars.
I just wish there was a live audience reaction like when Brad Pitt was on Friends.

I imagine Caroline being played by Jennifer Saunders myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 81
So anyway, charity monopoly with Martin Lewis seems to have sunk like a stone.

I agree with not reposting every tweet of Jacks detractors, especially the ones that turn up to comment on her every post or every one in which she is tagged. However, her being referred to by Fortnum and Mason lady is a biggie. That and the retweeting by the food critic with the large following. Where will she go for strokes if the food world has cottoned on and TV is not so interested in either her hot takes or her bizarre and patronising creations food?

• Heart
Reactions: 67
From the preview of the thread title I thought it was going to be "you're not an economist you're a very naughty boy!"

Also re Carolinewhohashands - she may not have wanted to provide evidence? Or has gone to bed? I guess Jack knows who she is sho she wouldn't have to worry about 🔺 although I imagine she'd be on the phone to her lawyer pdq. Caroline should've joined on a Friday night.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Congratulations on your first thread @Geetbo - nicely done!

On The Hands…suspected a rum ‘un. She wouldn’t risk a ‘cease and desist’ from the litigious smol pixie.

Reactions: 37
Going back to the Jack's stores which as others have rightly said, were a Tesco sub-brand. Very interesting when you read about Jack Cohen, I'm sure he'd be spinning in his grave with scammer Jack Monroe thinking she was the only Jack.

Few little snippets about him:

- Second generation JEWISH immigrant
- Learned a trade (tailoring)
- Volunteered to go to war
- Came back injured, didn't "woe is me", married his sweetheart and used their wedding gift money to launch a business
- Worked 7 DAYS A WEEK long hours on their market stall and counting the takings
- Successfully campaigned against grocery price fixing
- Continued working in his by now massive supermarket company even as an elderly man with a colostomy bag.

But yeah Jack Monroe, with your scams, emotional manipulation, failure to achieve anything of note, abuse and gaslighting, you try and lay claim to the name you bleeping bellend 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I predict a gracious climb down over the VBI. Thanking Rhianna Pratchett for use of the name, praising ONS (again) for their work, whilst trying to imply but not actually saying it was all down to her. Then she will rely on commentators with followings not being bloody minded enough to point out it wasn't. A risky strategy, but a way out. Thank you very Matt much.

Another option would be for her to softly, gently walk away and not mention it again, after failing to go viral with yesterdays retweets. Leave it in the bio just long enough to see if anyone is willing to have her on the telly.

Or she could leave it as a hashtag in her bio (what a plonker) which I have just noticed implies it already exists, and threaten to sue anyone who says it doesn't, triumphantly producing an embarrassing mish mash of reciepts to disprove the haters.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Well, well, well. Will Jack be ripping cans open with her BARE hands and throwing things against the WALL because mum is STEALING her WORK?

Doubt it. Also my worklog has like 3 hours total work for the month and none of it falls under the umbrella of campaigning and "doing good". No interviews, no recipes. Meanwhile newspapers, TV shows and magazines are doing countless stories on budget cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It's half term in England which is always a good time for trolls, and there's enough in the Wiki for someone to pretend to be one of the dramatis personae of the Jackiverse.

Caroline of the Hands would have known about Tattle Life before now, surely, and I notice that the account has been deactivated, rather than just had the privacy settings tightened.

Reactions: 41
I predict a gracious climb down over the VBI. Thanking Rhianna Pratchett for use of the name, praising ONS (again) for their work, whilst trying to imply but not actually saying it was all down to her. Then she will rely on commentators with followings not being bloody minded enough to point out it wasn't. A risky strategy, but a way out. Thank you very Matt much.

Another option would be for her to softly, gently walk away and not mention it again, after failing to go viral with yesterdays retweets. Leave it in the bio just long enough to see if anyone is willing to have her on the telly.

Or she could leave it as a hashtag in her bio (what a plonker) which I have just noticed implies it already exists, and threaten to sue anyone who says it doesn't, triumphantly producing an embarrassing mish mash of reciepts to disprove the haters.
I think she thinks she has actually done the VBI. She thought of it, she spent 10 furious minutes tweeting about it, she argued with an actual economist and did 5 minutes of JackMaths. That’s a job well done in her eyes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

Gracious?
Nah….

• Haha
Reactions: 30
CwhH appeared whilst Jack was on a date night. I think it was Jack and date (CwhH) being twats.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I think she thinks she has actually done the VBI. She thought of it, she spent 10 furious minutes tweeting about it, she argued with an actual economist and did 5 minutes of JackMaths. That’s a job well done in her eyes.
I agree, it’s just like how she honestly believes recipe writing is just saying ‘hmmm this might work with ketchup in it instead of chopped tomatoes.’

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I am glad we will not have a Philomena Cunk type tour of the Food Shops of the Poor.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I agree, it’s just like how she honestly believes recipe writing is just saying ‘hmmm this might work with ketchup in it instead of chopped tomatoes.’
I find it really annoying (or laughable? almost unbelievably patronising?)
when she says 'I have not ever told people what to do, I have only shown them what I do in the hope it may be helpful', followed by pages of ingredients costed by the penny or gruesome looking dishes covered in ketchup or black pepper and parsley.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.